Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
usmfan08

quickly throwing a grenade

6 posts in this topic

I just had a thought about the grenade system. It takes too long to throw a grenade. have to change weapons, there's a very long delay in between switching to the nades and equipping it. What if we were to do this: While in position one, hold shift and tap #2. This'll just do a underhand pitch, but it's very fast, and the player won't be able to cook the grenade timers.

I agree... There isn't an option for quick tosses.

Also, I noticed that my French nades, even when dropped right in the base of an AI tower don't pop the tower like the German nades do.

The throwing of nades is and has always been sucky, but I guess if we're to be frank, hand grenades are heavy and in RL they only had to be "close" to work. Grenades were never intended to be tools for surgical use. haha

Only if there is a dramatically reduced range and accuracy of throwing direction. In RL throwing a grenade with accuracy takes a bit of effort and there is no way you're keeping your rifle to bear as you do so.

Grenades of the era weigh somewhere around 1.5 lbs... and while that doesn't sound like a lot, it does take a bit of effort to throw it more than a foot or two (Ie farther than the frag radius).

Yeah b that's what I was thinking, reduced range and accuracy. You won't keep the rifle to bear, but what happens is as soon as you throw, you equip the primary weapon again automatically. Instead of having to fumble with the wheel scroll or hunt down the #1 key.

Considering the consequences of dropping a live grenade while preparing to throw it, does anyone here think the word "quickly" should ever be associated with throwing a grenade? I think not.

In WWII, the military taught a three step grenade throw, pull, aim, and toss.

Start at 7:15.

WT3b6sY34uI

You can keep your "quick throw," thankyouverymuch. :)

-Irish

I'm talking about a quick toss, like clearing a room or something. stand by the door, pull the pin and underhand toss the grenade in and automatically re-equip the primary weapon to rush in after the nade blows.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0