Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scottman

why does HC game have to kill my FRU

13 posts in this topic

Hc moves brigade im in DRIVE 1000s of miles to get from an uncamped town to get supply where it can be used to uncamp town then HC moves brigade = My fru gets killed by HC

Make it so my game is not killed by theirs please..its already bad enough they have control of AO and supply moves

I don't like that HC kills my fru Id rather have my enemy do it.

KILL HC FRU killing when they move supply Leave my fru UP if they move it to the same town ....why is this so hard ?

blame your HC

they should announce flag moves. many officers dont do it. both sides

First I blame CRS because my Fru should not DIE due to somebody moving brigade to same town as my mission target

2nd I do blame HC for not having an officer drop down into active missions with Frus (ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS TRUCK ONLY FRU MAKING) and talking to mission leader BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE they move that brigade

Actually, this thread should be moved to the game ideas thread. Maybe some clever coding can eliminate this artifact. No reason for a fru to go down if another brigade comes in. If nothing comes in to replace then it makes sense for it to go away.

blame your HC

they should announce flag moves. many officers dont do it. both sides

System is set up to move brigades not check every one to see if there are backline frus/missions.....whats more important a single player bringing a fru with fresh supply or a town with many players being presented fresh gear?...blame the system not the players but i heard u love throwing stones at your own hc so keep it up i am sure it will be great for morale

First I blame CRS because my Fru should not DIE due to somebody moving brigade to same town as my mission target

2nd I do blame HC for not having an officer drop down into active missions with Frus (ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS TRUCK ONLY FRU MAKING) and talking to mission leader BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE they move that brigade

It does become an issue, every HC officer's done it on accident. They're not out to ruin your fru I promise you that. The best thing you can do is not let it piss you off this much.. I know axis have lots of new officers, so that side's more prone to it happening. They just need to train a bit on the map, is all. Make sure you pm the officer who made those moves, just don't be an ass to them. they're volunteers who just want to make the game work. If you feel it's still an issue, take it up with their training officer and make sure he shows them protocol for moving flags.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to tie the mission to the BDE and not the town. That way when a flag moves, the mission origin goes with it.

Probably along the same lines as allowing ML's to change targets while still in game.

At some point you get pretty good at knowing which flags are being used without checking them by just looking at AOs. I consider myself a pretty good communicator when moving flags, but even I have killed missions in the past.

But sometimes you move a flag that you don't think is being used, then 3min later you get a pm saying you just moved the brigade that people were using to take down an FB.

It happens to the best of the HC. Forgiveness will go a long way.

What I try to do is let the HC officer in charge of the map know that am on a mission in a certain area - example - send a P.M. to XOOM - Sir I am taking down a FB in a certain town - on a certain brigade - reply from my P.M. Thanks PT I will leave it up - please let me know when your done.

I only used XOOM as an example because his name came to my mind. Yes myself like others have lost FRU's after taking a long time to get one to a town or FB only to have the Brigade moved in or out. I feel communication is key in regards to letting who ever is running the map know what your doing.

I realize its not always going to work but. But at the same time the HC members that donate their time so we all can play have quite a bit going on also. Its a game and things happen just like in real life. Not every thing in life or a game is fair.

My reply is meant in the most positive way and just my opinion.

Thank You, AKA playtime

KILL HC FRU killing when they move supply Leave my fru UP if they move it to the same town ....why is this so hard ?

Because brigades were meant to give HC a way to counter and nullify movements by real players in the game world, and to give HC much control as possible.

Allowing players to keep spawning from a MS/FRU after HC had moved a brigade would defeat that.

Not a big problem (as in : not new at all), although frustrating when you're on the bad end of it..

Personally, I try to make sure theres no FRUs active in the brigades before moving them. Or at least I ask on side/ops chan.

But if you were on a town with no DO or no EWS and that it wasn't linking to any AO'd town, then I can't really blame the HC.

Y'all asking a lot of micro-managements from a bunch of humans.

@ david : I wouldn't include myself in the real players if I were you lol, you're just a "free-to-whine" account. You don't even understand the whys here. I'll give you a clue ; its all about the link from a town to the other.

Edited by Lob12

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0