• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roner

Who are the Axis?

56 posts in this topic

How about this.

You can choose to lock yourself to a side for a week.

If you choose not to lock yourself you are put on what ever side is under-pop when you log in.

In theory that would help towards creating pop neutrality, which is what many see the solution to a lot of the issues at the moment.

Axis used to be on attack even underpop during all tz, not waiting for North Korean TZ to take towns when there is 3-4 allied players in game and create things by being active, not reactive especially during high pop.

But this is now became a myth.

Matilda is 43-0 against 3f this campaign. A k/d of 43. Historically it is at 7.14.

68-4 vs 4d (k/d 17), historically at 7.15.

So yes, something is clearly different from the past.

The Stug3b performs better than it used to back in the day. The Stug3b has performed well the last couple of campaigns.

Good thing for axis there are so few matildas that you never find one when you want it. We used to have more Matildas in our flags...

Balance :D

new_axis_tank.png~original

...well, ok. I'll see if I can convince Xoom to add it to the Axis armor pool in 1.35. :D

Finally... an upgrade/replacement for the IVG.

new_axis_tank.png~original

...well, ok. I'll see if I can convince Xoom to add it to the Axis armor pool in 1.35. :D

Can I get one where I can moon allied armor? :)

This is nothing compared to when the game first came out and allied planes were able to flip tanks just using their wings.

Remember when ju's bombed the allied fb's to Destroy them, we couldn't sap them like we do now, we had to use A Char.

And the allies didn't even have a AA gun to shoot them down yet .

Axis used to be on attack even underpop during all tz, not waiting for North Korean TZ to take towns when there is 3-4 allied players in game and create things by being active, not reactive especially during high pop.

Truth

a quick glance in the mirror provides the answer to this sub-question of who is the game.

us.

as a whole community

that's who the axis are.

Matilda is 43-0 against 3f this campaign. A k/d of 43. Historically it is at 7.14.

68-4 vs 4d (k/d 17), historically at 7.15.

So yes, something is clearly different from the past.

The Stug3b performs better than it used to back in the day. The Stug3b has performed well the last couple of campaigns.

I don't have any new information to add to that. I won't even go so far as to have an opinion yet. Those numbers are way different than they were in my day. I do think one needs to look at two things:

1. Are the above numbers accurate ? No one can hope to solve this issue without facts.

2. If they are accurate numbers, try to figure out what changed. Based on facts, not conjecture.

While it is generally true that everyone will remember things the way they need to (follow a couple of divorce cases and you'll quickly see that "facts" are often just perspectives and opinions based on an individuals beliefs and emotional state relative to whatever issue is brought up) ... there is always the ability to take hard evidence and research from whatever it appears to be telling you. Look for that evidence, and then investigate without making up your mind until the investigation produces more evidence.

Don't even go near opinion until you have a strong evidence driven conclusion. Otherwise, you just make the problem last further into eternity, wrapped in conjecture and fantasy ... yet again.

If those numbers Pulfer has brought up are real (I am not suggesting that they are not) then if I was wanting to fix things related to what those numbers indicate, I'd want to know what created the changes that they are evident has occurred. Not guesswork, but reality. Start small, and build your case for summary with each piece of the puzzle you uncover.

It's got to be better than just side biased venting. Why be the crowd that never gets what they want, when you can be the guy who helps figure out how to get it instead.

It's got to be better than just side biased venting. Why be the crowd that never gets what they want, when you can be the guy who helps figure out how to get it instead.

We don't have access to the facts, only the CSR Stats page and many sorties out in tanks that get popped by LMG fire to the rear left panel, or to the turret ring, or instasploded by a DAC with one shot to the flank.

I am still hoping the equipment audits are done and the information used to fix this situation.

I haven't heard any news on this for a couple of months though.

Total collapse in overall numbers plus permanent loss of veteran players will spur a big change in culture like that. Also years ago highpop was like a whole platoon worth of players, high pop now could be as little as a fire team.

Too bad the current policy of max 30 seconds spawn delay wasn't put in until years after the large axis squads that organized wed/sun operations left the game. Hell the previous dev team was actually raising spawn delay because they thought that organized prime time battles were a bad thing.

Axis are the b`stard child of CRS the whipping boys of allied tank whores and the cannon fodder of the whoever, the ugly banjo playing inbred cousin who lives in the attic and is to be shunned and supressed because we were once the Gods of the game.

Edited by actonman

Axis are the b`stard child of CRS the whipping boys of allied tank whores and the cannon fodder of the whoever' date=' the ugly banjo playing inbred cousin who lives in the attic and is to be shunned and supressed because we were once the Gods of the game.[/quote']

You need to start taking your meds again.

If you want to know what I thought, or the team I worked with, it's always better to ask us rather than tell us. Of course, it might be that you don't really care what we were thinking, but prefer your own version of what we were thinking. I can understand that.

In any event, crying over spilt milk doesn't put it back in the bottle.

Axis are the b`stard child of CRS the whipping boys of allied tank whores and the cannon fodder of the whoever' date=' the ugly banjo playing inbred cousin who lives in the attic and is to be shunned and supressed because we were once the Gods of the game.[/quote']

Your tears are delicious.

Edited by Lob12

If you want to know what I thought, or the team I worked with, it's always better to ask us rather than tell us. Of course, it might be that you don't really care what we were thinking, but prefer your own version of what we were thinking. I can understand that.

In any event, crying over spilt milk doesn't put it back in the bottle.

1. No one needs to ask you, you told everyone why you were penalizing mass organized squad play and subscribers can look back in to the forums for your responses.

2. Regarding spilt milk, a franchise in any industry can recover it's customer base especially with a change in management. It's a fundamental process in business and happens every day. Already as I noted spawn delay has been minimized so the biggest obstacle to big organized game events that drew so many is out of the way.

In any event' date=' crying over spilt milk doesn't put it back in the bottle.[/quote']

J'aime ça as quote.

Total collapse in overall numbers plus permanent loss of veteran players will spur a big change in culture like that.

More a total collapse of culture than anything else over there.

Remember when ju's bombed the allied fb's to Destroy them, we couldn't sap them like we do now, we had to use A Char.

And the allies didn't even have a AA gun to shoot them down yet .

OMG! Now I remember. You could bomb the Axis FB with a Blen but you had to be insanely skilled to do so. Plus the Brits did not have any HE armed tanks so could not blow a FB.

Also remember the campaign where you had to destroy AI with HE and the Brits did not have ANYTHING that could destroy AI (nades and sappers either did not exist or did not work) and the AI was laser accurate out to 1km. You had to camp the bunker until someone could bring a char up, sometimes from multiple towns away!

Or when the Allies had to rank up in both French and Brit forces.

Or the HE clipping bug that allowed Axis fighters to kill all Allied tanks with their 20mm and Allies did not have any planes armed with HE 20mm cannons.

Or the time all the planes had their flight model changed except for the 109F4 which then did everything better than every allied plane.

Or the Tri-09 with its third wing.

There have been some interesting and at times extreme imbalances during the history of WWIIOL! Ahhh, memories and we made it though all of them.

Edited by cavalier

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0