Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roner

Who are the Axis?

56 posts in this topic

OMG! Now I remember. You could bomb the Axis FB with a Blen but you had to be insanely skilled to do so. Plus the Brits did not have any HE armed tanks so could not blow a FB.

Also remember the campaign where you had to destroy AI with HE and the Brits did not have ANYTHING that could destroy AI (nades and sappers either did not exist or did not work) and the AI was laser accurate out to 1km. You had to camp the bunker until someone could bring a char up, sometimes from multiple towns away!

Or when the Allies had to rank up in both French and Brit forces.

Or the HE clipping bug that allowed Axis fighters to kill all Allied tanks with their 20mm and Allies did not have any planes armed with HE 20mm cannons.

Or the time all the planes had their flight model changed except for the 109F4 which then did everything better than every allied plane.

Or the Tri-09 with its third wing.

There have been some interesting and at times extreme imbalances during the history of WWIIOL! Ahhh, memories and we made it though all of them.

Sixxxxx Yearzzzzz!!!!!!!

VR

Remember when ju's bombed the allied fb's to Destroy them, we couldn't sap them like we do now, we had to use A Char.

And the allies didn't even have a AA gun to shoot them down yet .

The Allies got a flak30 clone at some point.

Played last night for the first time in a while, pop looked more like wednesday morning than saturday night. Depressing.

====

More a total collapse of culture than anything else over there.

====

A culture is, in a large part, influenced by its environment; predictability, ease, and interdependency of the people. (Bhawuk & Triandis)

More a total collapse of culture than anything else over there.

Well you get more of what you reward and less of what you punish. Practically every type of gameplay except tank rushes is punished now. Then with long resupply timers anyone that burns supply during the EU time zone will be at a severe disadvantage during US time zone, while due to population rules burning supply during US prime isn't nearly as risky.

The decline on axis of big squad operations and attrition battles in favor of TZ3 infantry attacks was a natural result of what the game encouraged and discouraged. Now that it's possible to get everyone together without 3+ minutes of spawn delay it can change back, but it might take awhile and maybe other pro-squad changes.

Well you get more of what you reward and less of what you punish. Practically every type of gameplay except tank rushes is punished now. Then with long resupply timers anyone that burns supply during the EU time zone will be at a severe disadvantage during US time zone' date=' while due to population rules burning supply during US prime isn't nearly as risky.[/quote']

Not going to let this one slide.

I could agree that some of that dynamic would be true if the supply timers were more 6-8 hours.

However, what happens in TZ3 is supply doesn't matter that much except SMGs/LMGs, there isn't enough time or people to be bothering with large numbers of tanks anyway. Existence or lack thereof except for maybe the alpha predator Matties and Tigers just don't count.

The main problem with your assertion is that with 12-hour plus timers a lot of that US TZ supply is still out when Eurotime rolls around, and a lot is coming back.

So there are still opportunities when Euro TZ starts to jump on some damaged brigades, but toys are coming back for having another go for both sides.

With more bombing/bombardment, the Axis can extend that US TZ damage time if that is desirable. I would tend to say, 'it depends'.

However, what happens in TZ3 is supply doesn't matter that much except SMGs/LMGs, there isn't enough time or people to be bothering with large numbers of tanks anyway. Existence or lack thereof except for maybe the alpha predator Matties and Tigers just don't count.

There's not enough people to burn supplies in TZ3, but there is in US TZ. If someone dominates US TZ then they can extend in TZ3 because you certainly can push a flag that's been reduced to rifles even with 1 AO and TZ3 pop. If nothing big happens during US TZ, then nothing happens during TZ3 because the entire zone is frozen due to too much supplies and lowpop AO restrictions. So US prime has a larger ceiling to what it can accomplish and (more importantly) little risk if things go bad compared to EU prime.

The main problem with your assertion is that with 12-hour plus timers a lot of that US TZ supply is still out when Eurotime rolls around, and a lot is coming back.

So there are still opportunities when Euro TZ starts to jump on some damaged brigades, but toys are coming back for having another go for both sides.

EU is not going to jump on damaged brigades unless the opposing HC is absent because they have a long time to shift flags and adjust, especially now that you can literally say you're "adjusting flags", pull out of critical towns and leave them empty during lowpop because of softcap rules.

The faction that can dominate US TZ effectively has a grace period to reset, meanwhile a bad attack during EU time or some wasted supplies is practically guaranteed to be exploited during US time. So people want the "old axis" back and to see big EU squad operations again but there's a significant disadvantage to pushing during EU TZ.

To be fair, I personally do not care for those who change sides,

especially several times during a campaign.

BUT I will defend to the death their right to play how they choose...

:)

29nhvrl.jpg

29nhvrl.jpg

voltaire + doc = truth + wisdom

1. I am shocked and amazed that I find myself in whole-heartedly agreement with Allykilll's statement quoted below (first time for everything), which agreement is undoubtedly yet another sign of the Apocalypse.

2. Having said that, my agreement with Allykilll should not be construed as:

a. an endorsement of any other words that have in the past, or may at any time in the future, be attributed to him 😉 ; or

b. any form of approval, support or tolerance for the ridiculous girly man multi-colored socks which appear on the image accompanying his otherwise worthwhile statement quoted below.

3. Who are the AXIS? Me, for one - Old school veterans who started playing with all Axis units like the 3PzG "Breakfast Club" and continue to play only Axis, serve in GHC when they can, and stay behind when their squads switch for a campaign (and all other new and old players who care to join us from one map to the next - as Allykilll says).

LaFleur

29nhvrl.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0