Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roybatty

Amazon launches free 'triple-A' Lumberyard engine

9 posts in this topic

The cost CRS will have with AWS will be astronomical for this game. There is a reason Amazon is releasing this for free, because they will make all their money on the backend services they provide. So think this everytime you log into the game Amazon makes money, everytime you download data from their servers Amazon makes money.

I will say this, Amazon knows exactly what they are doing as a business and they are no joke.

Lumberyard + Twitch API = No Brainer

Doesn't look like they support Mac so we'd alienate a lot of people. They also don't have many deployment options. I'd seriously consider Unreal Engine 4 as a new graphics engine because it's had so much built for it for and by game developers. There is a 5% rev share but that's the only real drawback, which is negligible given what sort of visual presentation we could achieve.

If we could take our existing technologies (the things that make WWII Online so awesome) and just update the graphics, we'd set ourselves up for another 10-20 years of success. It's something our team has looked at very briefly as we're starting to prepare our future.

First we'd like to get on 1.35 and Steam, increase our fanbase size and the health of our game via population and revenue (i.e. fuel).

For now we're working on introducing new content and improving what we have in prep for those priority objectives. Our focus is centric on setting ourselves up for a successful future and to build the next generation WWII Online game.

With your help, we'll continue to defy odds and build that bridge to the future.

S!

Just one thing ww2 games still have massive pull, there was a kick starter for a game called Battalion 1944, it achieved its goal in 2 days.

Just one thing ww2 games still have massive pull' date=' there was a kick starter for a game called Battalion 1944, it achieved its goal in 2 days.[/quote']

Yup.

Done right a WW2 game is a gold mine.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0