Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Weylen

Wow.. Can't believe what I'm seeing...

41 posts in this topic

As a returning player from years ago I can't believe what I'm seeing in this campaign? Back in the day it was always a German win most of the time in a dominate fashion. Coming off an Allied campaign win the allies are walking all over the Germans? Not only that but it would appear to be the lowly French who are doing most of the damage? The game has come a long way but what changes has brought about this big swing with the allies behind the French pushing the map so easily? Will this campaign last twenty five days?

Too early to call a roll yet. From memory the Axis won the campaign before the last one so if (and we are a long way from the end) the Allies win this one they will have won a whole 2 in a row.

There are elements of the community who feel the present game mechanics favour the Allies because they feel the tank side of the game favours the Allies. Some would argue that the previous mechanics favoured the infantry and that the Axis infantry weapons are stronger than the Allied infantry equipment.

It still requires a little time to sort it self out IMHO. I suspect player number distribution and player attitude is the main thing moving the map at the moment.

Sometime before ToEs the Allies were pulling closer to even wins, ToEs the Allies got ahead a bit in campaign wins, then it's gone back and forth.

What's different is there tends to be more 3-4-5 wins in a row by a side.

Allies won 3 of the last 5 maps. Not really an over-the-top streak.

2 of those wins were also "comebacks"... Only 1 can fit the "steady roll" description and its Capco's 1st term.

The last axis victory, campaign 119, is really the template to follow here.

Edited by Lob12

Sometime before ToEs the Allies were pulling closer to even wins, ToEs the Allies got ahead a bit in campaign wins, then it's gone back and forth.

What's different is there tends to be more 3-4-5 wins in a row by a side.

This is why we needed the TZ3 fix. Not to hurt the axis side but to highlight how much they had to rely on it to have a chance of winning a campaign. What we see now is the bare facts w/o the TZ3 bias. Axis don't have much chance at winning and that has been the case for a while now. The TZ3 artifact just masked the problem and I for one am glad it's gone. Now CRS can take a new look at things with better data.

I f you remember back i the day, the map was such that before (Toe's) the french were always in the south and the British were always in the north.

It was not possible for one to move north or south so you had a divide between the two on the map and cooperatively, they didn't even like each other let along work together.

Now they are all one as the axis are and that is a good thing.

Still think we get 1 to many AO'S in TZ3 though, the numbers don't support it.

Allied squads are strong atm and have held up decently win of lose in the last year....axis will adapt and find their groove I guarantee it....lowpop nonsense is not over but it does not dictate the map direction over the other tzs anymore and thats good for both sides

Back in the day it was always a German win most of the time in a dominate fashion.

Back in the day, axis won campaigns after being heavily underpop during tier0 and tier1. Now Axis started last 3 campaigns with 10%+ TOM more than allied during the first 48 hours.

Axis still have the record for the most string of "in a row victories" no ?

I believe the allies have had a recent string of 5 in a row in the last few years.

Both sides have had 4 in a rows, the axis a couple I think.

And if one counts 'campaign' victories from the very beginning of the game (ie. before campaigns were numbered, there were a number of, well, non-numbered campaigns) - I think there is an axis run of 7 of 9 (non-consecutive) victories crossing over.

(ref battleground tools, which is down)

Edited by sorella

Axis still have the record for the most string of "in a row victories" no ?

Allies won 6 in a row (101 to 106). Not sure about the Axis.

Tanks don't cap.

Top 3 killers this map = still infantry players.

The game ain't more "pro-tanker" than it was before the FRU came out.

We have all heard that line before.

Tanks don't cap, indeed... but when LOADS of them show up and creep in to a town, and no trucks can get out to put defensive FRUs behind them to counter, tanks can and DO make it easy for infantry to cap.

I've been part of this a few times in this and the last campaign. We assemble, roll up and surround.

As tankers die, they grab infantry and join to boots fight. The town gets capped up while being camped by QUANK.

We can agree to disagree if you don't see this as the normal method of attacking Axis towns, and feel free to add some fluff about a half dozen frus going in as well, but it doesn't matter.

The point is that when 20 tanks roll in and pressure a town like this, frus stay up... towns get overwhelmed and rolled.

Over and over again.

We have all heard that line before.

Tanks don't cap, indeed... but when LOADS of them show up and creep in to a town, and no trucks can get out to put defensive FRUs behind them to counter, tanks can and DO make it easy for infantry to cap.

I've been part of this a few times in this and the last campaign. We assemble, roll up and surround.

As tankers die, they grab infantry and join to boots fight. The town gets capped up while being camped by QUANK.

We can agree to disagree if you don't see this as the normal method of attacking Axis towns, and feel free to add some fluff about a half dozen frus going in as well, but it doesn't matter.

The point is that when 20 tanks roll in and pressure a town like this, frus stay up... towns get overwhelmed and rolled.

Over and over again.

The rate of success for AOs is still very low. It's not like every AO is like this.

its a population issue right now, several squads and individuals are pissed about the patch and i guess decided to protest, granted the allies got their poop together with comms and such, but again i fear that as this goes on more and more axis will either side switch or unsub, maybe CRS will need to make AI for the fight?

i figure it will take 2-3 campaigns to figure what direction this will go

this is all typical battlefield behavior i guess the winning side is full of their self righteousness and the losing sides morale declines, then you have defeatism and desertions.

the axis will come back, when they do i can only hope the win is epic

This is how the game always have worked, when you break it down to the basics.

Sometimes it work, sometimes it don't.

Like the other day on Daun, you guys showed up with armor I tried to rally the infantry from the spwn depot. It looked like we had a good grip on the AB but the axis still pushed us out.

Of course its profitable to show up with tanks en masse... This is how the war was won RL too hehe.

Plus that whole EWS thing made it easier.

But in the end, if you don't have armor AND infantry working together, nothing is going to happen.

Since the defenders can spwn tanks in town directly, the attackers have little choice but to show up en masse to prevent the defenders from cutting every direction with mobile-pillboxes...

Edited by Lob12

Well, of course every AO is not like that, Capco.

I didn't mean to imply that every town was getting rolled in this way.

Lob, you're right. It takes infantry as well.

Population does factor heavily into this as well, but I'd like to see the number after a few more campaigns.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0