Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akashg5

Air force points

8 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have been playing the game for about a year now but have failed to get a substantial amount of air force points. Does anyone know some easy ways to get points? As I'm always getting shot down.I have never really had a chance to get cheap points by using air force infantry...

Any suggestions would be great... thanks

Since F2P can't use much, the only way is A2A or infantry combat.

Also, I don't think rank will affect you as an F2P player. You won't unlock more aircraft unless you subscribe.

Edited by capco

Get a bomber and damage a bridge, then return to base. You'll need to find a bridge with an active attack order on it or ask your HC to put one up. Unless they're being total jerks HC should be able to put a bridge AO on a bridge near a rear airfield. Fly there, drop one bomb(don't destroy the bridge if you can help) then land because you get the same # of points regardless. Make a few runs and suddenly you're up to the higher ranks.

The points system is in this game is neglected and obsolete, you get 40 points for damaging a bridge but like 12 for downing a top-tier fighter in air-to-air combat.

Get a bomber and damage a bridge, then return to base. You'll need to find a bridge with an active attack order on it or ask your HC to put one up. Unless they're being total jerks HC should be able to put a bridge AO on a bridge near a rear airfield. Fly there, drop one bomb(don't destroy the bridge if you can help) then land because you get the same # of points regardless. Make a few runs and suddenly you're up to the higher ranks.

The points system is in this game is neglected and obsolete, you get 40 points for damaging a bridge but like 12 for downing a top-tier fighter in air-to-air combat.

F2P can't use bombers.

F2P can't use bombers.

Yeah it's another stupid design decision, bombing bridges is still by far the #1 way to rank up though.

If it has to be 100% F2P then get HC to place an air force infantry mission on a town, preferably defense and just go AFK guard depots.

Ya, inf guarding CP's is the best way to rank air. You get extra points for guarding kills plus the points for CP recap.

The air points and ranking is really stingy even for paid subscribers... Please don't feel left out hahaha

Even if you pay to play, you aren't going to gain much rank in a year. This is one of the things that really needs to be addressed -having to game the game by flying out, dropping ONE bomb on a bridge, RTB, repeat is just silly.

Even if points were awarded for damages it would be better than the current process. I've been out and had the odd successful mission where I was able to incapacitate two enemy planes, where I watched them burn up and fall and the other had pieces missing and fell and I got ZERO points.

That's messed up.

The air points and ranking is really stingy even for paid subscribers... Please don't feel left out hahaha

Even if you pay to play, you aren't going to gain much rank in a year. This is one of the things that really needs to be addressed -having to game the game by flying out, dropping ONE bomb on a bridge, RTB, repeat is just silly.

Even if points were awarded for damages it would be better than the current process. I've been out and had the odd successful mission where I was able to incapacitate two enemy planes, where I watched them burn up and fall and the other had pieces missing and fell and I got ZERO points.

That's messed up.

Killing trucks and atgs is best way to rank up you just need a land mission from AIR or navy brigade. I ranked up to 7 in all 3 branches in about a month doing that. Also killing planes with AA is great too.

Don't Air infantry brigades have engineers too? Blow some bridges my man. It's a good way to level up. Set a MSP near a bridge and just keep spawning and RTBing at the MSP. Plant one charge and run back and respawn. You get points for every satchel and it takes 40 to blow a bridge. Time consuming but it works.

Does anyone know if there are points awarded to resupply missions now? If so, this is a great way to gain rank and at the same time help your team out.

..........The points system is in this game is neglected and obsolete, you get 40 points for damaging a bridge but like 12 for downing a top-tier fighter in air-to-air combat.

40 Points for damaging a bridge and only 10 points if your fly an RDP Mission against your enemy. Any wonder why the bomber pilots are slim in numbers?

Bomb bridges.

Its also the fastest way to rank up as Navy :)

Not sure what equipment F2P can use, but if you have been playing for a year and you still enjoy the game, then its time to think about getting a premium account :)

Cheers

So sad that many of the options to gain Air points are not related to flying. Perhaps the problem is the actual flying.

My suggestion: go Allied Air (and get a pay sub). It is so easy mode. Axis I cannot kill anything, allied I get kills every time so easily (on my old pay sub).

Good axis pilots = super mode Allied pilot

Great Allied pilot = average to poor axis pilot

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0