Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quincannon

Poll: Please help

32 posts in this topic

I used TeamSpeak pretty much since I started playing in 2002. The overlay/overwolf plug-ins are useful if you don't know all the players by their voices.

For quick battlefield coms it's great. If you fly with other pilots then voice coms are essential as you just can't type the info remotely quick enough for it to ever be useful.

The downside can be other people talking over important messages and it drowning out in game sounds. The latter can easily be solved by mapping the TeamSpeak volume setting to key presses.

As for the people going on about none game things, well in the squads I've played with over the years we always found you only have to say something like BREAK when you have battle info to say and they stop talking. The non game related stuff is also why I now have several very good friends from around the world and one of the reasons I'm playing most nights even after all these years.

Also the comments about there not being a lot of people on the official TS channels. Several squads have their own voice coms servers and use them instead. This partly goes back to when the official TS server was always crashing or going off line, and for some they just don't want anyone else on their squads voice coms.

When in game I and squaddies on TS.

It helps when chasing something down, or announcing ant trails.

Invaluable in my book.

wouldn't play without it's fun to chill and chat. ...and in-game flying without ts is like flying with a blindfold...

these 2, can never get the TS/Game volume ratio right.

we always end up in several places too, we might start attacking south then end up at the FB and in a CP and in vehicles.

also...

• switching between the game and TS is annoying

• trying to find the channel with action

• "Squad channels" vs "CRS squad channels" vs "a third option because why not."

• it's like conference calls sometimes...

• have no idea who's talking, need to memorize too many voices. i usually played with people i could remember like warpony

• loging in every. damb. time.

I think audio coms would be a better project then units, audio and graphics. it can't be too hard, almost every single console game has it.

Have you tried opening the volume mixer in windows and setting ts and the game to the required volumes?

Have you tried setting the hotkeys to change channels without flipping between game and ts?

Have you tried using TeamSpeak overlay so you can see who's talking to you in-game without looking at TeamSpeak?

Allied Forces has its own TS server and we always use battle comms when in a serious fight and we always stick together no wondering off and confusing each other.

So I love it we are very successful this way in blowing fbs and capping certain objectives!!!

Malvoc out....

Have you tried opening the volume mixer in windows and setting ts and the game to the required volumes?

Have you tried setting the hotkeys to change channels without flipping between game and ts?

Have you tried using TeamSpeak overlay so you can see who's talking to you in-game without looking at TeamSpeak?

yup, still can never get it like someone's talking next to me, if a tank is around it overwhelms people on ts too.

uug, too much trouble. getting it started along with the game is enough trouble.

comparing ts to xbox's chat.

simple chat rooms (team, friends, party)

1-click start

talking notifications, speaker next to their name

using the chatbox is usually better cause everyone can see it, and it's already categorized.

I always use TS ingame. It's a lot less troublesome hearing footsteps and such if you have the volumes set properly. I also have a second monitor, to the right of my main display. I can see, out of the corner of my eye, who's talking on the channel at any given time.

BMW, feel free to hop on the Lancers' channel any time you see someone on it. No need to let lone wolf status keep you off TS. Come hunt some FRUs and blow a few FBs with the gang. :)

-Irish

Typing Sucks!! :rolleyes:

I love TS and the ability to communicate proficiently; there are some genuine guys and great friends of a very long time playing this game.

Squad nights or RDP Bomber Flights, I connect.

.m invites to TS I connect, unless I am inebriated or stoned.

My squad channel is usually empty, so not much reason to log on.

Since I use a USB/Wireless headset[Logitech H600], separate from game sound, if TS is quiet I find it annoying to wear.

I have multiple monitors, I am able to have maps, CSR, Altitudes, Forums, and TS on second monitor. No need to load Overwolf.

I don`t use TS I have done lots in past gaming, but find it excludes playerbase communications and becomes clique and ego driven.

Text chat is still best way to send or receive info in game imo.

Ts is a MUST folks. IF you aren't using it, what are you doing? [jumps on soap box] Get a good set of headphones with a mic. Now you have 5.1 surround and can hear everyone without the background noise when you mic up.

USE TS! When I was lone wolfing it, I would jump on allied chat and wasn't sure if I were allowed in the squad channels. Since joining Allfor a few days ago, I am usually on TS when I know I am going to be playing for more than 10 minutes at a time, or when I am not taking slower paced missions because of kids, cooking, etc...

On the sound front, I switched to a mono speaker mic about two months ago. Had a normal two ear mic and had to crank up the volume to hear the sounds out of my desk speakers. Now I don't have too. $20-$30 on amazon....

I DO use it but not all the time because I am not much for small talk. I love team speak for heavy fighting. If the fight dies off and players start the small talk and I can't focus on the fight then I tend to log off TS so I am not distracted from the fight. Some like to just chit chat and sometimes I don't mind listening to humor but other times I simply have to close it and do my own thing if the rest of the squad isn't really organized on the same attack. It is a very useful tool and for some it is just a nice way to talk to friends. I wish more would use it.

most people posting here use TS, while most of the ingame population don't use it.

quint you should ask in side chat too.

I don`t use TS I have done lots in past gaming, but find it excludes playerbase communications and becomes clique and ego driven.

Text chat is still best way to send or receive info in game imo.

You make a valid point. Apart from when flying and typing is a none starter, it is VERY important that stuff you report on TS you also report on in-game chat so everyone knows.

Just a shame you can no-longer transmit chat on multiple channels at the same time like you used to be able to.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0