Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
usmfan08

Extend ship ews to 6km

18 posts in this topic

I'm tired of checking rdp one minute, then a few minutes later it's at 34 percent damage. We have no way to defend against it with the exception of parking a boat off the shore of whitstable 24/7 and that's completely unrealistic. We have a way to defend against air attacks on our factories, give us a fair way to defend on the sea!! At the very least extend whitstable ews to 6km. If that can't work, then extend DD ews to 6km.

This means if we did something like that, all towns would see Destroyers from 6KM away. In other words, the Zeeland's would be lit up all over and Destroyers would be obliterated.

Well we need something... we literally have no way to defend Whitstable. With a bomber raid we at least know that they're on the way and can find them. Allies can't ninja blow an entire towns worth of factories in minutes. It's not right the Axis can. Can we do just the whitstable ews adjustment then?

1k ews for a dd is tok close....the old ews was 10k but i think 3k is proper....the 1k ews is basically allowing rdp with no warning which i think is the issue here....

Yes J. They generally sit about 6km off shore and just rain lead unfettered and unchecked. Allies need a way to defend against that, period. It's completely unfair to the allied side that we have to deal with that 24/7. It takes us HOURS to knock axis rdp down to 30 percent, they can do it after 3 hours of AFK sailing in less than 10.

1k ews for a dd is tok close....the old ews was 10k but i think 3k is proper....the 1k ews is basically allowing rdp with no warning which i think is the issue here....

was this tested? i could swear a few maps ago whenever i tried the DD thing to england, i triggered EWS much farther out.

====

Allies can't ninja blow an entire towns worth of factories in minutes.

====

Neither can axis, you know how many hours it takes to get there before you can even start the AI shore battery dance, much less shelling? Let me assure you, it is much longer than minutes.

And did you forget, with twice the factories you already have it easier by a factor of two?

Edited by delems

The British had shore batteries wherever there was a threat of bombardment. Historically there was no such threat at Whitstable because of the offshore mine belt, the daytime overwhelming capability of Coastal Command's bombers close to England, and the nighttime destroyer and gunboat patrols of the narrow gaps. If however there had been such a threat, counterfire batteries would have been emplaced quickly enough.

CRS could model a generic fortified shore battery by borrowing a destroyer gun turret and building a "concrete" shell for it. Part of the destroyer user interface could be borrowed, too.

normandie_1944_then_now_28.jpg

normandie_1944_then_now_30.jpg

normandie_1944_then_now_29.jpg

normandie_1944_then_now_27.jpg

Edited by jwilly

This means if we did something like that, all towns would see Destroyers from 6KM away. In other words, the Zeeland's would be lit up all over and Destroyers would be obliterated.

Then please consider 2 or 3 or 4km. Maybe start at 2km and work from there.

Two to four trips / six to twelve hours are needed to take down all the AI and factories in Whitsable. Ship EWS range is fine as is, and the shore batteries inland and onshore are brutal and do not need to be strengthened. While using DDs to take down factories can be done, it is an incredibly time consuming approach and I doubt it is being done on a regular basis. It was probably a bomber run that did the damage that you noticed.

Two to four trips / six to twelve hours are needed to take down all the AI and factories in Whitsable. Ship EWS range is fine as is, and the shore batteries inland and onshore are brutal and do not need to be strengthened. While using DDs to take down factories can be done, it is an incredibly time consuming approach and I doubt it is being done on a regular basis. It was probably a bomber run that did the damage that you noticed.

It is definitely used regularly. Maybe not every day, but just about every day. I doubt it's bomber runs, I never notice yellow squares back behind the lines.

Super "talented" ninjas want to avoid combat again.

Make em fight for their stupid DD factory-shelling at least.

Curious how much damage a dd can do to the factories with the big guns?....firing from 6k is the extent of the vis limit still i assume....i dont think that ews is needed for that far because of ai batteries but if the dds can get to 3k and put shells on target easily then i think that should probably be the range....additionally it means an edd can set up and blast deep water ports from 1.5k as dds spawn with no ews which is pretty ridiculous and that has nothing to do with whitstable that can be anywhere

Curious how much damage a dd can do to the factories with the big guns?

after enough hits, the factories are destroyed. so, 100%.

The point of the shore battery post above was, there shouldn't be shore bombardment without return fire by players...not AI. So, let players build shore batteries where they have enough resources, and use them to keep opposing naval units away.

Jwilly, I like your idea of being able to build a naval emplacement gun. Perhaps it could be like how an engineer builds a regular non-armed fortified emplacement, but rather one that includes a gun that you control -- like being in a deployed AA gun, ... but a bigger gun (not sure on the exact size ?). Is that close to what your describing in your idea?

Just my dirty little ho.

;-)

It's funny how you guys are telling us it's time consuming. It doesn't cost you anything. You spend one minute at Den Haag, then go AFK for a couple of hours and voila! you are at Whitstable. Either that or you use a 2nd account and play regularly... No one sits for hours... This is so stupid... Beyond Words.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0