blimpy2

Niederkassel (too much armor)

21 posts in this topic

If that Nieder fight didn't prove that their is wayyyy too many tanks in game, I don't know what will? maybe removing ones head out of ones rectum?? ET after ET after ET after ET... Their is probably ETs if I try and softcap a town! I don't know how many we killed, but it was wayyyy to many.

It's a little bit unfair to say that at this point in the map. When the front line is so condensed like it is now, there is a lot more supply available to rotate/stack than would typically be at hand.

Funny i couldnt find a sherman anywhere near well earlier and we had 5 french brigades against it....

It's a little bit unfair to say that at this point in the map. When the front line is so condensed like it is now, there is a lot more supply available to rotate/stack than would typically be at hand.

Pretty much.

These people won't be happy until there's 1 tank per brigade, but by then, half the playerbase will be gone and they'll be softcapping towns...LOL.

If we have a game left by then.

does anyone know that in ww2 , the allies , mostly America and England , had rushed sherman and other tank production , so fast , they had quantity over quality , (quality = germans), they did it so much , there tanks would fail a lot , and do to the in game tank abundance , i believe they should add the problems to tanks in game , more often to allied tanks , like a engine fail , or gun malfunction . this would solve your complaint and level the battle field

does anyone know that in ww2 , the allies , mostly America and England , had rushed sherman and other tank production , so fast , they had quantity over quality , (quality = germans), they did it so much , there tanks would fail a lot , and do to the in game tank abundance , i believe they should add the problems to tanks in game , more often to allied tanks , like a engine fail , or gun malfunction . this would solve your complaint and level the battle field

Shermans were VERY reliable, especially compared to most german tanks.

I don't know where you got that information, but it's faulty.

typical allied AO

- spawn shermans like hell

- rush the town

- you die ? just respawn

no more shermans in spawn list ?

- drop AO

- try at next town

1 person likes this

typical allied AO

- rush the town

- you die ? just respawn

- drop AO

- try at next town

What does a post like this even accomplish?

typical axis AO should be

- spawn 3 to 5 trucks with atg(s) in the first 5 minutes

- build fru in any direction

- rush the town

no more FRU up ?

- run more trucks

- dont cap city cp

Fixed.

typical allied AO

- rush the town

- you die ? just respawn

- drop AO

- try at next town

You Sir need to stop the negative post that you are making ..... you should be grateful to be here!

Bronco be more grateful

Fixed.

Trucks and guns are both more difficult to set up and much easier for the defender to counter.

Letting one side simply rush tanks while requiring the other to set up interlocking coverage between infantry, anti-tank guns and anti-aircraft guns won't result in a balanced game. It only seemed to work in the past because the axis had large squads filled with veteran players, and even then a good set up was frequently defeated by disorganized zombie defenders due to brigade rotation.

Trucks and guns are both more difficult to set up and much easier for the defender to counter.

You have to try things in order to win. If you sit on your back waiting for them to come to you, you won't win anything.

Settings FRUs it's tougher when you are only active on a single AO. Divide them, go on a 2nd one, a 3rd one if available and that will be easier.

This is my first post on the "too much armor" topics I've read. I for one am completely against CRS reducing the armor list. I've found many times I couldn't get a tank because the player population was so high. Nevertheless, I don't believe anything good comes from CRS regulating. I think the players need to get their heads out of their arses and do something about it themselves instead of whining for CRS to do something.

Bomb the factories, camp the vehicle spawns, SAP them, ATR them, ZOOK them, etc. There are so many ways to reduce supply in this game but it is simply easier to whine about it on the forums. It is because of players whining for CRS to do something that the player population dropped so much in the past. The power is in your own hands to do something about it.

Shermans were VERY reliable, especially compared to most german tanks.

I don't know where you got that information, but it's faulty.

most of the info i got was from my great grand fathers journal , he died on Omaha due to shrapnel to the head

and i research a lot when I'm bored

but also , shermans were vulnerable to Molotovs , and due to the poorly placed ammo piles , they usually would explode if a shell even it the rack and not the ammo, and the rear engine would break down mostly , and the sherm was a great tank , until the p4 , p4panther , tiger , jagdpanther , ferdidnand , etc. came along , the more produced version was the first , m4a1 , with the rounded edges , they would breakdown the most , (and by the way , i was experimenting in offline mode with the sherm, why can't the commander look through the slits in the hatch , so they don't have to poke there head out.) and when i said very reliable , i mean , they only had 2 inch armor , when the tiger had double that , the panther had 4inch frontal , and 2inch sides , and the park 40 would GO THROUGH THE THING , but the upside was , they were cheap and easy to make ,

was fast , had a decent main gun , some had up to 3 mgs on it, and could carry more men / supply on the rear hull , above the engine , behind the back of the turret .

Edited by silversoil

The Sherman was probably the most reliable tank of the entire war. The Stuart might just edge it out, but the message here is I think your view is a little colored by subjective bias or anecdotal account. German tanks also burned about as often as Shermans did, even though they were never nicknamed after a popular cigarette lighter with a reliable reputation.

Research best contain data and not just peoples memoirs.

Allied soldiers reported roughly 8 times as many sightings of Tiger tanks after Normandy as were built during the entire war. The message there is, that peoples accounts were unreliable and more than a trifle hysteric. The reason why is easy to grasp, and fair enough too ... but it doesn't change the facts.

Edited by DOC

The Sherman was probably the most reliable tank of the entire war. The Stuart might just edge it out, but the message here is I think your view is a little colored by subjective bias or anecdotal account. German tanks also burned about as often as Shermans did, even though they were never nicknamed after a popular cigarette lighter with a reliable reputation.

Research best contain data and not just peoples memoirs.

Allied soldiers reported roughly 8 times as many sightings of Tiger tanks after Normandy as were built during the entire war. The message there is, that peoples accounts were unreliable and more than a trifle hysteric. The reason why is easy to grasp, and fair enough too ... but it doesn't change the facts.

then dang , if they had that many tigers there , hmm , only around 1000 were made , and your right , i forgot to mention the fire about the german tanks , but bias no , i understand that the quality was great , but after 1943 , these bigger tanks came , and they had problems too , but when it came to armor , they sucked after 1943 ,in my conclusion , crs should not reduce the shermans quantity , and people gripe about it have to much armor , it doesn't , in 119 , i was one shotted by a little german pak medium , the park 38? (yes badger gave me a 2 month free premium for loyalty) but that doesn't matter , what matters is

facts , and how the game shows the reality of the tank , and shows it weaknesses and strengths , I'm not saying it does it with others , but it sure does with the sherman.(and also what do you mean by bias? me or what my years of loving ww2 for about since i was 10 ? but i RESPECT your response , and it may be a little , but i believe overall i hit spot on)

Edited by silversoil

typical allied AO

- rush the town

- you die ? just respawn

- drop AO

- try at next town

I could level the same about Axis and LMGs.

No Comment...

29nhvrl.jpg

"Sometimes The Best Thing You Can Say Is Nothing At All"

Edited by allykilll