david01

Everything HC needs help with, F2P can't do

41 posts in this topic

"need help blowing FB", nope, can't spawn an engineer

"need someone to check ____ depot", nope can't make missions

"need ___ bridge down", nope can't spawn even low-level bait bombers

"tow guns for defense", nope can't spawn trucks lol

You've relegated all the unwanted and much-demanded jobs to the subscribers and prevented anyone with any knowledge of the game from jumping back in and really helping.

S! david01

I'm not sure what your looking for in regards to an answer but my understanding is that f2p is for those that want a taste of the game, to check it out some, then if interested for more they Subscribe and enjoy.

This game needs subscriptions to survive and to go forward, as they are trying to do, and f2p players are important to so don't get me wrong but to get some of the cool toys the f2p player should have to subscribe to enjoy.

You've relegated all the unwanted and much-demanded jobs to the subscribers and prevented anyone with any knowledge of the game from jumping back in and really helping.

As a returning player though, I am assuming a past subscriber, you should understand the importance of a subscription, every single one counts.

Do you ever stop complaining?

In game you were whining about no one in game while they were a ton of people at St. Truden.

Then you complained about the lack of FRU's.

Get a subscription.

If you cant afford it, go get a job or ask mommy or daddy for an allowance:)

I agree with you david01 on some of those points as I feel blowing FBs is usually a not-so-fun chore that often just needs to be done before one can move to attack (or maintain a greatly improved defense). IMO, I think F2P should have an economy sapper or something that has 1-2 satchels. I would be MORE than happy for F2P to demo blow FBs or bridges. Also, IMO F2P should be able to spawn at least light trucks to provide tows or rides, but I draw the line there on posting missions in the truck -- I don't feel F2P should be able to do that unless minimally subscribed.

just my dirty little ho.

;-)

he has good points. I would like to see 2nd accounts made for subscribers to increase the game population without causing too many problems. Would increase population by 2x.

Once we get back a bigger player base we can always remove that 2nd account feature. I have enough ram on my PC to run 2 copies of the game no problem, but i dont as a 2nd account isnt worth it to me.

F2P is cool, but i dont believe im seeing enough free players on the field.

He's got a point. If anything it should be the F2P who have to do all the crap jobs.

The trouble being of course, that if they are a new player, they have no idea how to do anything except die lots for a while.

Those jobs would be done by FTP veterans, and I object to that whole concept. If you like the game enough to play it regularly, then pony up...its really not that much.

There are obviously cases of economic hardship, but a lot more cases of terminal cheapness, methinks.

I DO understand not wanting to make a commitment until 1.35, lately though. If it kills the lag off, I will up to Builder.

S! david01

I'm not sure what your looking for in regards to an answer but my understanding is that f2p is for those that want a taste of the game, to check it out some, then if interested for more they Subscribe and enjoy.

This game needs subscriptions to survive and to go forward, as they are trying to do, and f2p players are important to so don't get me wrong but to get some of the cool toys the f2p player should have to subscribe to enjoy.

As a returning player though, I am assuming a past subscriber, you should understand the importance of a subscription, every single one counts.

I've seen forcing the F2P to the underpopulated side suggested a bunch here as a balancing mechanism, but there's virtually nothing a F2P can do to help the map situation.

Also the undesirable duties that the game needs to function are put behind the paywall when really it should be the opposite. Something like setting a FRU isn't a privilege, it's a mandatory ingame task that no one wants to do.

He's got a point. If anything it should be the F2P who have to do all the crap jobs.

Depends on what the vision for F2P is. If F2P is designed as a funnel through which undecideds can experience the game, realise they love it and then subscribe, the plan needs to be considered.

F2P should be a balance between "OMG this is awesome fun" and "Damn, I can't do that unless I sub".

Perhaps stuff like

- F2P could cap CPs but couldn't cap ABs

- F2P could make defence missions but not attack missions

- F2P had reduced ammo/bomb supplies (say 25% of standard)

- F2P could not chat on Ops chat

etc

Regarding the idea that F2P veterans should be able to do the really boring jobs , do you guys think it makes sense if subscribers can use a command to give a sort of temporary privilege to the said veterans to spawn Engineers in limited numbers when numbers are low? Engineers being so few in numbers, subscribers cannot just give away P2P equipment, as doing that will hurt themselves more, thus achieving a balance between contribution and limitation of accessing equipment a F2P should encounter.

I can really suggest you the "Starter Account".

You get much, much, much, much, much and very much for those 4,99$.

You can use even more equipment that is listed in the comparison on the official page.

Best Value - and very cheap.

I paid for this game from 2001 to 2012 non stop.

Now I am living the American dream and playing for free.

There seems to be some bad information here.

f2p can cap

f2p can make missions

f2p have binocs

CRS needs money to keep game going, If what you get for free is not enough get a subscription.

Or have Bernie Sanders promise to make Wall St pay for it for you.

they should change f2p to "demo account".

and "swag store" to anything else...

And promo it enough to get a glimpse of everything you're missing

F2P should be a limited time offer, then if you don't sub up your done.

I pay for two accounts, why the heck should I subsidize guys playing for free forever ?

S! david01

is that in my case? because I'm using my money for my family before i leave in may , and + my wife won't let me

I pay for two accounts, why the heck should I subsidize guys playing for free forever ?

1. This game desperately needs more people helping HC with things like setting spawns to AOs and blowing FBs. There were like 70 people online axis on Saturday and at times not a single FRU was up on attack.

2. As a subscriber you pay for the privilege of running trucks and blowing FBs and such, might as well let the F2P help with the miserable stuff

3. If I brought 20 guys over from another game, put them in stukas and flew over a town more would probably cream themselves at the spectacle and the easy kills instead of dwelling on the fact that F2P are getting something for free

Do you ever stop complaining?

In game you were whining about no one in game while they were a ton of people at St. Truden.

Then you complained about the lack of FRU's.

Get a subscription.

If you cant afford it, go get a job or ask mommy or daddy for an allowance:)

what about me huh , if your just gonna treat f2p like that , I'm sure badger has something to say about that , so please respect the f2p

1. This game desperately needs more people helping HC with things like setting spawns to AOs and blowing FBs. There were like 70 people online axis on Saturday and at times not a single FRU was up on attack.

2. As a subscriber you pay for the privilege of running trucks and blowing FBs and such, might as well let the F2P help with the miserable stuff

3. If I brought 20 guys over from another game, put them in stukas and flew over a town more would probably cream themselves at the spectacle and the easy kills instead of dwelling on the fact that F2P are getting something for free

well said , and also , in 121 , i did many great things for hc to wear hc would beg me to do things for them

Edited by silversoil

Everything HC needs help with they can call on sub players for. Hey HC... You can call on me anytime. Lol it's not like only f2p players are willing to help out.

I personally am not a fan of f2p. It is what it is though. I agree as some others have said it should be a limited time offer. If you like the game sub up. If you can't afford it.....sorry. Their are many out there paying more than their fair share through the hero builder program huge S! To those guys. F2p already gets too much imho. But oh well. I don't look down any any of them I know there are some great f2p players out there. But sub up or be happy with what you get.

I have been proposing that FTP be renamed as Demo accounts for a while. I think this will end up being very significant before STEAM release as most STEAM players, I believe, will not be happy with what we call FTP and could cause CRS more of ****storm than they realize. Basically avoiding a lot of back and forth as to what FTP should have. Rename that level Demo and run a promotion every so often that allows Demo accounts higher levels of access for a short period of time. That's my point of view anyways.

Edited by stonecomet

I have been proposing that FTP be renamed as Demo accounts for a while. I think this will ending up being very significant before STEAM release as most STEAM players, I believe, will not be happy with what we call FTP and could cause CRS more of ****storm than they realize. Basically avoiding a lot of back and forth as to what FTP should have. Rename that level Demo and run a promotion every so often that allows Demo accounts higher levels of access for a short period of time. That's my point of view anyways.

Good point! I hope the right people consider it.