david01

Everything HC needs help with, F2P can't do

41 posts in this topic

The F2P aspects of this game need a fundamental overhaul. The current system doesn't lend well to the type of game this is and, really, is pretty archaic in comparison to how F2P games are setup now. This is not an easy job and there are people in the industry whose specialty is coming up with and implementing F2P systems. Eventually this is something the Rats are going to have to invest in.

The F2P aspects of this game need a fundamental overhaul. The current system doesn't lend well to the type of game this is and, really, is pretty archaic in comparison to how F2P games are setup now. This is not an easy job and there are people in the industry whose specialty is coming up with and implementing F2P systems. Eventually this is something the Rats are going to have to invest in.

Eventually, you'll have to leave your parents basement and pay for chit yourself too ;)

Eventually, you'll have to leave your parents basement and pay for chit yourself too ;)

Hello. We haven't met. I used to sub to this game back in 2005 or so. Did for a few years but decided to come back and see how things are around here.

I'm also a 38 year old video game artist and designer who's game is being announced by Sony this week for PS4 and PC. (Well my and my studios game) As for my parents, they are doing pretty well but would wonder why I need them to send me money to subscribe to a video game. Plus we're approaching crunch getting ready for PAX East, and GDC 2016 so my time to play is fairly limited.

Now that we got that out of the way, you can either listen to any advice I might have or just continue to be catty on the internet. Your choice.

Edited by sardu

Although this thread is namely about F2P, I feel there is a lot of oversight on the starter account. It's only $4.99 a month and you are able to accomplish many of the things that are listed here as issues. Truth be told, $4.99 is cheaper than a pack of cigarettes, a six pack, model paint, stationary or whatever else your vices/hobbies may be. I think that a lot of the complaints in here stem from many pay to win variants out there such as H&G, WoT etc etc which really are based on a different model than WWIIOL

Edited by sgtgrunt

If you're getting a free meal, don't complain about the service.... this isn't a free game. You want free go play candy crush or angry birds. If you don't have $4.99 a month for some of the better toys go get a paper route.

what about me huh , if your just gonna treat f2p like that , I'm sure badger has something to say about that , so please respect the f2p

How does this affect you?

I dont see you in here lobbying for more stuff for free.

If you were i'd tell you the same thing.

If people dont have a few bucks to play a game, then they probably shouldnt be playing a game or spending so much time on the internet.

I have been proposing that FTP be renamed as Demo accounts for a while. I think this will ending up being very significant before STEAM release as most STEAM players, I believe, will not be happy with what we call FTP and could cause CRS more of ****storm than they realize. Basically avoiding a lot of back and forth as to what FTP should have. Rename that level Demo and run a promotion every so often that allows Demo accounts higher levels of access for a short period of time. That's my point of view anyways.

calling anything F2P will make any game garbage no matter how good it is.

there was a thread about it in the subscriber fourms, should bring it up again before 1.35 is out.

Hello. We haven't met. I used to sub to this game back in 2005 or so. Did for a few years but decided to come back and see how things are around here.

I'm also a 38 year old video game artist and designer who's game is being announced by Sony this week for PS4 and PC. (Well my and my studios game) As for my parents, they are doing pretty well but would wonder why I need them to send me money to subscribe to a video game. Plus we're approaching crunch getting ready for PAX East, and GDC 2016 so my time to play is fairly limited.

Now that we got that out of the way, you can either listen to any advice I might have or just continue to be catty on the internet. Your choice.

This game only survived because of the selfless contributions of many members of the community (including the Rats, who are nearly all former community members now). They have very few ressources at the moment and I don't think spending them on "F2P systems" is a priority.

F2P usually also means micro-transactions and/or "pay-to-win" in most MMOs, and we don't want that here.

Basically we, as a community, appreciate our F2P members but some of us just can't help but roll our eyes when we see some F2P players asking for basically everything subscribers are paying for. This game survives on our subscriptions, you know...

You guys already gained A LOT in the recent times. You're able to cap, you have binocs, you even have a SMG class now!

Give enough reasons for F2P to join this game in large numbers and that way, even a small percentage of conversions will mean much more money than now.

Also, less of "sub because the rats are nice and they need money".

And more of "sub because this game is amazing and worth every penny".

I just wonder is the game engine could handle "large numbers" of players.

Well I guess it comes down to a fundamental disagreement here about F2P.

I think that if I as F2P decide to log on and play I'm going the game a favor, especially if perform core duties that no one wants to do.

Then others from what I see here believe that the game is doing me a favor simply by letting me log on, and certainly shouldn't allow me to perform core duties that no one wants to do because those are reserved only for subscribers.

How does this affect you?

I dont see you in here lobbying for more stuff for free.

If you were i'd tell you the same thing.

If people dont have a few bucks to play a game, then they probably shouldnt be playing a game or spending so much time on the internet.

Well, as someone who has subscribed, but had spent many years in the "working poor" bracket, I can tell you that there are a lot of folks who work hard, and pay their bills, but don't have a lot left over for extras. I don't begrudge them taking advantage of a game that allows Free to Play in their spare time.

But I also agree that If a company is cool enough to offer a Free to Play level without a thousand nickel and dime pay to win options, then the F2P players don't have a a lot of room to feel like they aren't being given enough options.

Hopefully the model will get better in the long run.

I have been proposing that FTP be renamed as Demo accounts

The Democrats already get enough free stuff now you want to give them subs.....GEEZ ;)

I canceled both of my accounts and went F2P. I think it offers more than enough to learn the game. Would I like to take down FBs? repair AI, drive a truck or tank be a sapper? Sure. The cost of a sub. is less than I spend on lunch every day so I can sub easily if I want to do that. F2P is a prelude to playing.

Now I do what I can.. guard caps, try to kill something with a rifle (of which I fail), and log off when I get bored.

I can easily resub and the cost is very minimal but I will wait until something changes such as:

I can gain rank past the limit as it is how I keep score (does not have to be general, could be some crap title or even just numbers on my summary)

Fix the lag like it is not 1999 still

-Make it so all sections of the military are useful - Navy throughout the campaign not just until they give away the N and navy goes bye bye and becomes just another foot solder

-Fix air balance. I could care less about "realism" and more about actual gameplay. Anyone can say, and always say, both sides have pro's and con's but we all know, and it is reflected by the number of pilots, that axis air is at a huge disadvantage. Watching the allied air do things no plane should or could do is just not fun and limits the usefulness of having Air force in game.

I can gain rank past the limit as it is how I keep score (does not have to be general, could be some crap title or even just numbers on my summary)

Fix the lag like it is not 1999 still

You realize there are something called stats right?

Using rank as a way to "keep score" is pretty dumb.

And unsubbing while asking more stuff is the worst thing to do right now.