Kilemall

F2P Promotion- Intermission?

6 posts in this topic

Got to reading about the whole issue of F2P and 'not getting the whole game experience', and I am wondering if the Rats should target intermission as a 'try everything' promotion.

Advantage- they can try everything, mission lead and do all that good stuff.

Disadvantage- they might get the wrong idea about normal gameplay and learn to blow through supply as though attrition does not matter, possibly even less motivation to get with a team and learn the game, and a shock when normal campaigns resumes and the Tigers/Shermans are not instantly available.

Opinions?

I think that intermission is a great time to hold such events, possibly not every intermission, but dependant on campaign length.

As for the shock value, I personally wouldn't be too concerned about it. Most f2p'rs have a rough idea of the supply constraints, and those that don't or join later can get schooled up easily.

Maybe if we paired the all access intermission with planned (jointly with both HCs and the rats) we could really maximize the enjoyment for all.

I believe this is a very good idea. If they get a taste of the real weapons in game, I believe we may see more actually pay for an account. The Free to Play is causing some of those who use it to demand more equipment and in fact say that other games like this offer more. There is no other game like this. Free to play has plenty of equipment to play with. If you don't want to use free to play with the equipment you have, guess you may have go play one of those games like this that offer a lot more free stuff. This game is NOT free to play.

Perhaps run an event with the promotion and supply attrition intact but an event with enough supply that could be rotated so that Demo accounts see the attrition occurring and see calls for rotating supply etc. These promotional intermission events could be well planned if they are done roughly every other month. That is once the development team gets to catch their breath a bit after 1.35 implementation.

I believe this has been done a few times on a few campaigns intermissions. But not sure.

That's what I thought myself.