tempus

Ruling

55 posts in this topic

Is there a rule about Soft capping with 1 AO. I here about different rules but never seen any in writing. Would like to here from a person that upholds the rules not rules lawyers please. Just trying to understand them. Direction to said rules on Soft capping with 1 AO is preferred so I can read them.

Thanks,

Tempus

You can't place your only AO on a pure softcap now.

BUT you can place it on no man's land type attack, I.E. when the enemy's has a link to said town and is able to spwn on a depot in town once you place the AO.

then according to what you said, allied wont mind giving back fresnes, since it was 1 AO softcap and axis had no way to spawn into town. Just wondering and I am asking on behalf of my axis PB since it was brought to my attention by them as a infraction of the courtesy rules in place. I still would like to see it in writing thou for justification.

Thxs

Tempus

Edited by tempus

then according to what you said, allied wont mind giving back fresnes, since it was 1 AO softcap and axis had no way to spawn into town. Just wondering and I am asking on behalf of my axis PB since it was brought to my attention by them as a infraction of the courtesy rules in place. I still would like to see it in writing thou for justification.

Thxs

Tempus

Its a hard written rules. If we were able to AO Fresne its because it wasn't considered a softcap. Did you had air brigades in Etain still?

Thats probably why. The system can't make the difference between air and ground flags.

It is not a courtesy rule; its a coded rule.

Couldn't care less about that southern flank crap though lol.

Edited by Lob12

Is it a no mans land AO?

They probably had Air flags in Etain so it was considered a no mans land AO.

etain was already taken, no air there.

Then there was 2 AOs available at that time or the code is bugged because you CANNOT AO a softcap town when you only have 1 AO, you just can't.

Were you there yourself? Way I read your OP it seems you were not online yourself.

Hmm, can't spawn in the Etain depot from the Air Bgdes in Etain...

and the taking of Fresnes then makes Etain front line, no?

What happened?

Actually looking back at it tempus is right, we kicked the air from Etain and moved on. Then I went and fliped all the fb's around Etain to get ready for the buffer when we got the 2nd AO. There was no Axis flag in the area once the air flags were bounced.

Edited by exlax

If there is a brigade linking to an empty town, then it can be captured. Hard coded, available for both sides, and has been this way for a bit. As stated it cannot differentiate between what type of brigade it is.

I was there when this happened this morning, let me explain what happened. We had an ao on BoZ, and we were at single ao limits at the time. We gained a second AO and it was placed on fresnes to start buffering Etain. BoZ attack was going no where, so AHC pulled that ao to place it elsewhere on the map. Right after we placed that ao, the ao limit dropped to one, and we were stuck with the one ao on Fresnes.

I was there when this happened this morning, let me explain what happened. We had an ao on BoZ, and we were at single ao limits at the time. We gained a second AO and it was placed on fresnes to start buffering Etain. BoZ attack was going no where, so AHC pulled that ao to place it elsewhere on the map. Right after we placed that ao, the ao limit dropped to one, and we were stuck with the one ao on Fresnes.

Ahhhh

So what happened is that some guys logged on some F2P accounts, bumped up to 2 AOs, placed the AO allowing them to buffer the airfield then logged them off.

This is what happens when you include such drastic rules according to population and count F2P the same as everyone else, they are going to be gamed. You've provided a massive incentive to burst population this way.

So what happened is that some guys logged on some F2P accounts, bumped up to 2 AOs, placed the AO allowing them to buffer the airfield then logged them off.

This is what happens when you include such drastic rules according to population and count F2P the same as everyone else, they are going to be gamed. You've provided a massive incentive to burst population this way.

You're nuts.

This is a non-issue anyway.

You're nuts.

This is a non-issue anyway.

What are you talking about? It's basic population dynamics. Years ago during EU prime time the call would go out for everyone on axis to log off their 2nd accounts or tow accounts if they could because spawn delay was really bad. If HC needs two AOs to get an airfield buffered there is nothing against the rules to get more log ons and plant the AO to help HC and move the map.

What are you talking about? It's basic population dynamics. Years ago during EU prime time the call would go out for everyone on axis to log off their 2nd accounts or tow accounts if they could because spawn delay was really bad. If HC needs two AOs to get an airfield buffered there is nothing against the rules to get more log ons and plant the AO to help HC and move the map.

I'm in AHC and we don't do this kind of non-sense.

Speak for yourself.

Like we would bother to do that just to buffer etain, the most useless AF on the map, arguably.

Population fluctuated and the game lost an AO, thats all. Mystery solved. Thanks usm.

Don't need to see manipulation where there is none.

So if I have 2 AOs up and I lose one I can keep a SO on and don't have to change it to a hard AO for PB to be able to fight and defend objectives?

You have a 15minutes timer where you can't pull AO after placing it. It was just easier to get it done I guess. I bet the 2nd AO came back fast too.

Stop seeing a problem where there is none.

A) I'm not seeing a problem where there is one

B) It is good to know the rules and I was lacking on the knowledge of the 1 AO rule and how it functions with softcaps so I asked for clarification from someone with knowledge and XOOM answered me so thank you to him.

C) I think it is good to set a presidence incase this comes up in the future.

D) I do and will always voice concerns that are brought to me by the PB as any good officer would.

Thanks,

Tempus

We never do that.

Honest to goodness I have never seen ANY Allied leader, squad or HC, ask people to log off to affect SD OR ask people to bring on 2nd accounts to alter AO count on the Allied side. EVER.

That being said, yes it is a loophole that could be used in that manner especially with F2P, but I can virtually guarantee the Allies won't do that intentionally.

We never do that.

Honest to goodness I have never seen ANY Allied leader, squad or HC, ask people to log off to affect SD OR ask people to bring on 2nd accounts to alter AO count on the Allied side. EVER.

That being said, yes it is a loophole that could be used in that manner especially with F2P, but I can virtually guarantee the Allies won't do that intentionally.

You guys lobby for these incredibly specific map rules to change gameplay and then get offended if anyone suggest that players are changing their gameplay to suit the new rules.