tempus

Ruling

55 posts in this topic

You guys lobby for these incredibly specific map rules to change gameplay and then get offended if anyone suggest that players are changing their gameplay to suit the new rules.

Nah, you're just talking out of your arse we called you out on it. that's all.

Population fluctuates. Nothing more to it than that.

If people want to use 2 accounts, its up to them. Personally, I don't have one.

Your little scenario just doesn't make any sense. Per example : why would we log off our 2nd accounts after getting the 2nd AO, what would be our interest in that? It doesn't change the fact that you couldn't defend Fresne by other means than para dropping. It doesn't make it easier for us. It doesn't even prevent you from AO'ing it back because, once air brigades are back in, the towns around Etain will be considered "no man's land" AOs.

You should think about your conspiracy theories a bit more before posting them.

I wasn't online when it happened (didn't play today), but I bet it didn't last for long and that the 2nd AO came back quickly.

You guys lobby for these incredibly specific map rules to change gameplay and then get offended if anyone suggest that players are changing their gameplay to suit the new rules.

I think the extent of incredibly specific gameplay requesting was an incoherent roar amongst the Allies 'stop allowing TZ3 para softcaps across the map to determine campaign outcomes', not any rule this specific.

The general rule of thumb to any of this sort of thing, Old Rat or New Rat, is that you may ask for a thing, gameplay change or new toy/feature, but you will likely get something else you had not envisioned. Hence all those WillyTee cartoons like this-

412479_312951415418603_643786600_o.jpg

I only wish I had that kind of spidery control, but I don't, and frankly don't try very much. This theorycrafting of yours as to what happens has a lot more to do with your worldview then what actually happens.

Hi All.

Just some relevant information.

I was the Axis PB that pointed it out. I did a “.report” on the subject just before I contacted Axis HC via pm. Initially slip250 (or similar) but the system indicated he was unavailable. I then contacted tempus who did respond.

There was 2 AO available at the time. I do not remember where they all were but I did notice the Allies were SC Fresne at the time. As the Allies controlled Etain it looked to me they were attempting to buffer the airfield. At that point the AO was valid as there were 2 AOs available and therefore it was permitted to SC anywhere. The only units adjacent to Fresne was a Naval Unit (French I believe) in Verdun. The Allies had a Hard AO as well as the SC. The Allies removed their hard AO, shortly after that the number of AOs fell to 1. I noted the System apparently removed 1 of the Axis AOs from a message by tempus in the chat. I expected the System to remove the then invalid AO on Fresne which it was by that time. Not long after that the Allies capped the first CP there. Fresne eventually fell. Sometime after 2 AOs returned.

From observing what happened, it appears, as long as an Unopposed SC is valid "when placed", it will not be removed by the system if it later becomes invalid due to the number of AOs being reduced.

Cheers

James10

Edited by james10

Hello All again.

err that was posted above by usmfan08

Yes I did read his posting supporting what tempus had claimed. usmfan08 did provide support for tempus from the Allied side as he saw it at the time. This is a good thing and I am grateful there are people who are willing to say what they saw despite being on the opposing team. For that I applaud usmfan08 unreservedly.

I am a little unsure what to make of your response though. I suspect it was made against the good advice of “Think before you Quack”. More likely it was made without a comprehension of what I actually posted in my post on this subject. There are details that usmfan08 cannot know. Additionally usmfan08 drew no conclusions on what happened. I did in an attempt to clarify, for all, the underling machinations of the current incarnation of Battleground Europe. This being the case, I think “err that was posted above by usmfan08” is at best an inappropriate response in the context of the discussion.

Cheers

James10

Edited by james10

Hello All again.

Yes I did read his posting supporting what tempus had claimed. usmfan08 did provide support for tempus from the Allied side as he saw it at the time. This is a good thing and I am grateful there are people who are willing to say what they saw despite being on the opposing team. For that I applaud usmfan08 unreservedly.

I am a little unsure what to make of your response though. I suspect it was made against the good advice of Think before you Quack. More likely it was made without the comprehension of what I actually posted in my post on this subject. There are details that usmfan08 cannot know. Additionally usmfan08 drew no conclusions on what happened. I did in an attempt to clarify, for all, the underling machinations of the current incarnation of Battleground Europe. This being the case, I think err that was posted above by usmfan08 is at best an inappropriate response in the context of the discussion.

Cheers

James10

4c32ebbfa64362686641dc3e94b07104.jpg

Nah, you're just talking out of your arse we called you out on it. that's all..

lol That made me nearly choke on my pizza!

Your little scenario just doesn't make any sense. Per example : why would we log off our 2nd accounts after getting the 2nd AO, what would be our interest in that?

Because dual accounting is a hassle, and they're no longer needed after the AO is placed? It doesn't matter. What's important is that since the softcap rule there can be a massive incentive to burst population from one to two AOs and it's not against the rules. Spare me the "we are too honorabru for this" line.

Bah you can keep imagining whatever you want, I'll keep giving you the reality check.

Whether you want to listen or not is up to you.

Because dual accounting is a hassle, and they're no longer needed after the AO is placed? It doesn't matter. What's important is that since the softcap rule there can be a massive incentive to burst population from one to two AOs and it's not against the rules. Spare me the "we are too honorabru for this" line.

Listen man, none of us over here enjoy SCs, at all. They are ridiculously boring, and do nothing to boost the PB morale. I can promise I've never seen anyone log off or ask ppl to log off just to gain an advantage, because as I said, none of us enjoy SCs.

Dual accounts aren't a hassle btw, they are actually designed to be less of a hassle for tows etc etc.

Your claims are unfounded at best, and if it's an issue for you still I challenge you to come allied and watch if the day comes someone calls for logging.

Bring popcorn, antidepressants and deodorant, because it'll be a long time before you get what you're looking for.

I am beginning to think that there will never be a time when everyone is happy on how the game is. No matter what we do someone will start a theory on how it hurts one side :-(

Okay, now you've crossed a line.

We aren't kidding about this. We just don't.

An incentive? Ya, that's an issue the Rats need to address in future rule changes/algorithms.

But don't you dare say the Allies would.

I am beginning to think that there will never be a time when everyone is happy on how the game is. No matter what we do someone will start a theory on how it hurts one side :-(

Bank on it. Guarantee it.

Because no matter what you do, somebody's preferred game style will not be favored and may even be coded down/away, intentionally or side effect, and because people do not like to change.

You have to approach this in something like a steely-eyed version of what Jwilly is talking about, and do what the game needs, not what people say they want.

1778340.jpg

You don't even play anymore. You're just full time forum angst nowadays.

Maybe GHC does it, but we-do-no-do-this-kind-of-gamey-crap. period.

Now, go make me a whine thread about the gear or something.

Edited by Lob12

ohm Join Date: Dec 2006

I hope it didn't take you 10 years to figure that out ;)

I understand now why DOC lost it at times.

You have to remember there are some really crazy people in this world.

There are more than a few in these forums alone.:confused:

Perfect example right here

http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=462142

Even though they know what has happened with this game and its developers.

Even though they know that 1.35 is being worked on.

Even though they know that the new team is made up of volunteers.

Even though they know the game is moving slowly in a positive direction with the help of community members who wouldnt/couldnt let the game die.

They still cant comprehend.

They need to post negativity because they have no self control.

Some are just plain bat**** crazy...

Edited by Pittpete

1778340.jpg

I'll laugh with you... lets do this :

Axis armored : 57 panzers

Allied armored : 42 tanks

Axis inf : 26 panzers

Allied inf : 20 tanks

Axis the new easy mode?

AHC since 2007 and I have never, ever seen or heard of any tactical alt account use as described in this thread.

Euro Allies do not use this tactic. Fact.

Years ago during EU prime time the call would go out for everyone on axis to log off their 2nd accounts or tow accounts if they could because spawn delay was really bad.

So far the only evidence of either HC trying to alter the game mechanics via accounts logged is through your own admission right here.

So far the only evidence of either HC trying to alter the game mechanics via accounts logged is through your own admission right here.

And, having played Axis exclusively for nearly 15 years, I have never heard of it being used either.