Combat Medic Unit

medic_ambulance.jpg

Loadout:

Binoculars

First Aid Kit (6)

Smoke grenades

Ammo for resupply

What are the features of the unit?

The Medic renders first aid to stabilize wounded units in the field.

How does First Aid work?

First, the Medic is not a magical healer.They treat wounds, and one of the most common issues is bleeding. Consider that units often get wounded, and then they watch their health and stamina bars drop as they "bleed out"

So I suggest a change to this. Consider that once a unit gets wounded, there is a slight delay..say 1 minute before the bleeding begins. (In real life it could take awhile before blood loss was a danger); then, once it begins, it takes another minute to bleed out. As far as most units, it would just take longer for the wounds to take effect. It is important to note that this would have NO effect on wounds that kill the unit instantly. Just the ones where the unit survives getting wounded and currently takes about 10 seconds to bleed down to half health or further.

Once a unit is wounded... Their icon on the map changes color to yellow, as does their identifying callsign above their heads. The player now has the option of calling for a medic both on side chat and on Teamspeak. At this point, the Medic has 2 minutes to reach the wounded soldier. Once the Medic reaches the soldier, they apply first aid to stop the bleeding. Bandaging a wounded unit takes 15 seconds, during which bleeding / health loss is stopped. Once treated, the wounded unit loses no more health or stamina unless they get wounded again.

Wounded_zpszsgnprzo.jpg

Wounded2_zpsznxouwhi.jpg

The Medic can help Rescue wounded or missing units.

The Medic unit can build a 'First Aid Tent' PPO. It is destructable, but may be rebuilt after a 4-5 minute timer delay. MIA units that despawn at it are treated as an RES; and RES units are treated as an RTB. This also happens if they are wounded, preventing additional supply delay time. This is the advantage of despawning at the First Aid tent when wounded, over the truck MSPs. Medics can also use this PPO to resupply their First Aid kits.

7087889415_3b71f9dbc2_m.jpg

The Medic can assist other units by scouting, throwing smoke, or resupplying ammunition.

Medics can assist CP capture timers as additional bodies, but may not capture on their own.

Medics may not be mission leaders and can only spawn into other unit missions.

The Medic unit has slightly more stamina than other units, to allow them to run more quickly to reach wounded units.

Medics can be killed, but enemy units will receive NO points for killing them.

Medics would get points for administering First-Aid, for guarding, and for those who despawned at their PPO.

With this model Medics are able to locate and proceed to wounded infantry units. Medics are able to treat wounds to mitigate their severity. By placing temporary Field Hospital tents, they allow wounded units to return to supply faster, and allow MIA units to be Rescued. Medics can also support other units through resupply and smoke cover.

CRS has mentioned that they are interested in adding a Medic Unit. I hope that this design might be workable. It's success, however, would rely on the possibility that CRS could change the Bleeding timers, in order to give Medic players time to respond to wounded players.

Another possible secondary effect that Medics could perform would be to "stabilze" heavily wounded infantry, which would work by removing the heartbeat and clearing the dimmed vision effect. No health or stamina would be restored.

All of this assumes that CRS has priorotized its resources and this is pretty far down the road in R&D. If it worked, I believe that it would establish a workable support class, and add even more variety for our player base to enjoy playing.

this is what cars is looking for , AND is exacly what i want in a medic class , i hope they add this , and if so , PLEZ MAKE IT F2P

I am fine with a lot of what is being put forth with the exception of a medic being an ammo bearer and resupplying ammo. This is a function that as far as I know medics did not perform during WWII. Being an ammo bearer could be considered a breach of their ethical duties to save lives and therefore, at least in the European theater, part of the reason they where not often shot upon is that most medics disdained from actually taking part in an offensive manner even in a support role. Carrying extra ammo would negate any extra stamina from my point of view. I'm just not sure this was the route that CRS was contemplating when envisioning a medic. My impression was that the medic would only deal with avatars and not wounded players. So long as CRS is willing to commit the resources to achieve what is being put forth it would be an interesting class for support players to use. Expect players to target medics more than was the case during WWII in this theater especially if they provide ammunition and can add to the capture total of a capture point or are in any way armed.

But won't they still be shot at since there will not be any penalties anyway and it helps hinder the supply of the enemy? There is no stopping them.

When CRS discussed a medic development plan before, medic actions weren't going to have any effect on the health status or progression of a currently-in-game player. Per CRS discussions then, such effects would be unacceptably unrealistic, given CRS's original design intent that modeled wounds be considered to be at least life threatening.

And, medics also weren't going to affect the return to a side's spawnlist of a wounded or just-killed player. Such a capability would significantly motivate opposing players to kill medics, and CRS didn't want to expend resources to develop and market a new gameplay-type that in practice would be just bullet-bait.

Two plans instead were discussed at the time. In one plan, a dying player that waited to despawn until a medic had reached him and successfully stabilized him could despawn with a Rescued status instead of KIA. This wouldn't affect supply, which would still be based on KIA, but the despawned player's mission credit and thus stats would be based on his adjusted status.

In the other plan, medics could treat only server tracked avatars of already despawned players. In this approach, nothing that a medic did would have any direct effect on the despawned player, whose status would already have been determined at despawn time.

In furtherance of the goal of not motivating players to kill medics, a player doing so would not get a kill credit, for the same reasons that the game doesn't model civilians or animals.

Of course, all of the above is just my understanding of a design-forum discussion from several years ago, with completely different Rats involved.

When CRS discussed this several years ago, there was nothing said about medics carrying ammo packs. That'd be highly unrealistic, and would blur what I understood at the time to be the marketing intent, i.e. to attract a customer type in addition to the current combat players.

Medical thing is a super ultra hard thing to do in a realistic way.

And there will always cool features to be added.

On my opinion we should focus on other cool features instead of doctors.

When CRS discussed this several years ago, there was nothing said about medics carrying ammo packs. That'd be highly unrealistic, and would blur what I understood at the time to be the marketing intent, i.e. to attract a customer type in addition to the current combat players.

I only mentioned the ammo because I know that sometimes patrols during the war would swap carrying the ammo for the BAR among themselves, inclusing the medic.... and because it would be one more teamwork based activity.

I see NO reason to make medics invulnerable, even though they would not be able to fight. As noncombatants, Medics should not carry any arms. Assist in capping? Sure. They just should not be able to do it themselves, so they should only be able to assist as a body to speed up the timer. They could also get guarding points for watching a CP. In the miitary, even medics can stand watch as a lookout; at least they did when I was in the Navy.

I also want to say that I think that it's funny that it seems that most of our players are just fine with CRS making reality and history give way in order to make the game more playable in most areas, but absolutely refuse to accept the same concept when we discuss medics.

Edited by Quincannon

And what about an anbulance?

You drive to where an atg or tank is, one soldier is replaced by another and the unit keeps going...

Agree it would requiere a kind of "cynematic" moving the killed/wounded body being pulled and another body joining the crew... but would be usefull.

Wonder if those anbulances would be respected by fire :D

this is what cars is looking for , AND is exacly what i want in a medic class , i hope they add this , and if so , PLEZ MAKE IT F2P

Maybe you should then consider a payed account to help with funds to get this in game, or do you want your cake and eat it ;)

Maybe you should then consider a payed account to help with funds to get this in game, or do you want your cake and eat it ;)

if u don't know , I'm going to the 82nd in may for training , my money is going to starting my family and + , my wife won't let me , i would if i could but , even badger respects what I'm doing as he said in a post under a thread . and you are right , i should help , and i would if i could.

Edited by silversoil