• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
traveler

2.5 minute sd when logging into game is getting really really old!

39 posts in this topic

And then I get asked for more money once in the game?

Sometimes I want to jump in the game real quick to see how it's going, but have to sit there for almost 3 minutes?!?!?!?

I bit my lip for some time now, but today, well... here's the post!:mad:

Edited by traveler

SD is limited to 30 sec.

If you are seening more than that something is wrong.

Edited by Granit

Hello

SD is limited to 30 sec.

If you are seening more than that something is wrong.

SD is set to 30 sec maximum, but...

the Side Lock Restriction can be 3 min to select the overpop side when you first log in.

Cheers

james10

Launch game

Determine side lock timer length

Turn on Keurig /Load Mr. Coffee / or select adult beverage

Select coffee cup / frosted mug

Select roast of choice / beverage of choice

launch teamspeak (optional)

inform wife or significant you are entering game (20 to 90 seconds to convince)

Pour coffee - cream / sugar optional, or adult beverage

Check side lock timer

Prepare to enter game

Outlined in a light and humorous manner for all of us waiting at that damn screen.

Pros: Funnels impatient players to the other side balancing.Deaths take too long to come back into the fight (which isnt a bad thing actually as you cant avenge your own death as easily)

Cons: No Surge attacks. No surprise overwhelming attacks. ie battle of the bulge.

feel free to add to the list.

Launch game

Check side lock timer

Prepare to enter game

Outlined in a light and humorous manner for all of us waiting at that damn screen.

Oops you forgot one:

Rub one out in Xooms honor (I know you'll like this one xoom).:):D

Pros: Funnels impatient players to the other side balancing.Deaths take too long to come back into the fight (which isnt a bad thing actually as you cant avenge your own death as easily)

Cons: No Surge attacks. No surprise overwhelming attacks. ie battle of the bulge.

feel free to add to the list.

I believe he is talking about side lock as opposed to spawn delay. It was decided to implement a one time maximum 3 minute side lock when the sides are imbalanced. This is only in effect when you log into the game unlike spawn delay, which was every time you spawn.

It was reasoned that it would be preferable to lower the spawn delay to a maximum of 30 seconds to help with the flow of the game. Hopefully it will encourage some people to choose the underpop side, balance is good for the game, in the short and long term.

I believe he is talking about side lock as opposed to spawn delay. It was decided to implement a one time maximum 3 minute side lock when the sides are imbalanced. This is only in effect when you log into the game unlike spawn delay, which was every time you spawn.

It was reasoned that it would be preferable to lower the spawn delay to a maximum of 30 seconds to help with the flow of the game. Hopefully it will encourage some people to choose the underpop side, balance is good for the game, in the short and long term.

Yes! I am referring to that. Wish there was a way system could keep track of where you have been = "Oh, he's just login in for the first time today" etc. as apposed to “Hey he was just playing one side and now wants to jump onto the other.” For that I’d like to see 12 - 24 hour side lock. But that’s just me.

Anyway, was just a little put off today by it.:cool:

Never knew about the side lock timer as I usually play the inderpop side. lol.

Oops you forgot one:

wow .... more than i want to know

Sometimes I want to jump in the game real quick to see how it's going, but have to sit there for almost 3 minutes?!?!?!?

Pro Tip: Re-up your Hero account and you'll avoid that entirely. Contact http://support.playnet.com for assistance to get your already paid for time comped / rolled in.

Oops you forgot one:

Disturbing as ever Sw25th :).

Oh boy....a 3 WHOLE minutes when you first log in. I know it must be tough but HERO up and then that 3 hr wait....err I mean 3 min wait will go away.

Pro Tip: Re-up your Hero account and you'll avoid that entirely. Contact http://support.playnet.com for assistance to get your already paid for time comped / rolled in.

EXTORTION!

But I’ll probably do it. Where do I bend over? :confused:

the point is 3 min side timer

30 sec spawn delay

another 2-5 min did you know screen

5-15 sec for engine to start

This is all fine a dandy but what happens if you change you game preferrences and get randomly booted or have to relog for any of the many reasons. Your looking at another 5-11 minutes to get back into the game.

Heck mingus will have banged his wife 3 times and be passed out drunk before he even gets his wheels up.

the point is 3 min side timer

30 sec spawn delay

another 2-5 min did you know screen

5-15 sec for engine to start

This is all fine a dandy but what happens if you change you game preferrences and get randomly booted or have to relog for any of the many reasons. Your looking at another 5-11 minutes to get back into the game.

Heck mingus will have banged his wife 3 times and be passed out drunk before he even gets his wheels up.

I guess there may be an "up side" to all this. :rolleyes:

Pros: Funnels impatient players to the other side balancing.
Launch game

Check side lock timer

Prepare to enter game

Spawn delay: Making the "War on Drugs" look effective since... egads, how long has it been, now?

1 load ww2o

2 check side lock

3 teamspeak

4 tell wife , i love u , i won't see you for about 4 hours , if i don't come back , i get you a new purse

5 check side lock , if still up , get some popcorn/chips , get a few cokes

6 check on baby

7 play game

Disturbing as ever Sw25th :).

Great perk... what side lock delay? I just load in to game.

XOOM Pro Tip: Re-up your Hero account and you'll avoid that entirely. Contact http://support.playnet.com for assistance to get your already paid for time comped / rolled in.

I went hero. Got a confirmation. Still got a 2.5 minute delay login in!

XOOM Pro Tip: Re-up your Hero account and you'll avoid that entirely. Contact http://support.playnet.com for assistance to get your already paid for time comped / rolled in.

I went hero. Got a confirmation. Still got a 2.5 minute delay login in![/

LOL

a) The game gets the offset bug, that to fix you have to reboot the game...

a) CRS introduce a 3 min login delay as a feature that will allegedly balance the sides.

c) But the feature not only annoys some people on login, it actually exasperates people who attempt to fix the offset bug by re-booting.

d) CRS do a Don Corleone and whisper in your ear "give us $30 bucks a month and we'll make the feature disappear...."

(which sort of defeats advertised purpose of the feature.)

e) You take it up the keister and pay..

f) You still have login delay.......

no need to panic, It'll be fixed soon.

what was your first thought again?

EXTORTION!

Don't worry, I'm sure that's not the case CRS, would never take advantage like that.

Edited by andycap

I feel your pain!

But I am unable to play this damn game as I am out of country until July 2016 !!!

Damn I wish I had a 3 minute delay until I could play....... !!!!

lol

Hell I am dumb enough to be paying a hero account and I can't play...dooohhh!!

But perspective is everything :-)

You would think my life was a shallow little shell of a thing because I find this "game" an important part of it. But this game is my game...the community and friends in game are my friends. Of course the game itself is unique and possesses so much actual "variety" as to make it almost endlessly challenging.

This community is one that is "my community", though I belong to many other communities as well.

Here I can "let my hair down" (what's left of it) and just be "me" and have some fun with others with no pretensions.

WWIIonline is my "sanctuary" from my life as an academic spewing forth ever more theoretical "meh" for publication in whatever journals want to print my "wisdom" so I can climb ever higher the well paid ladder of academic ranking. lol.

Though I have achieved what most academics would like to achieve (advancement, tenure, job till i die, researching whatever I want to, travelling to places to give talks, pretty well getting paid to do whatever the heck I want....etc....) at heart I am still the kid who shovelled the crap from the cattle on my aunt's farm, drove the farm machinery, worked on the railway at lousy jobs, milked too many cows (by hand)...etc...etc... and basically hung with "salt of the earth" people....who were raw, to the point and got plenty wild at times. That's my roots and in a way this game and community is like that "raw", "to the point" and "plenty wild" at times.

:)

I love that I can get on WWII online...on TS and work with people I would never have got to know...while pretending I am the 'uber' tanker, fighter pilot, sniper or whatever...(though my suckage rate is high). Working together on a goal...is a crucial part of this game all the while laughing and talking and swearing when things go well or not so well.

Anyway...smile and hum a song...you only have to wait 3 minutes.

:-)

cheers