PITTPETE

Increase push speed on Flak 36

60 posts in this topic

Flak 36 is only useful when you have a spy account and know an attack or tank column is being setup, so you drive your truck towing and 88 and setup in a good place.. Then kill some tanks and be killed by a infantry or plane a few minutes later..

It does not balance the matty and char only if you could self-tow and if you had a gunshield could it survive and have a higher impact on the game, it's a pretty bad weapon, as allied I charge them frontally with infantry and never get killed or fear dieing..

I think the 88 will do better with more population ingame.

If you get organized squad attacks again the 88 can be very deadly. High concentration of enemy tanks, high concentration of infantry that can prevent any lone soldiers to plink you.

9 hours ago, monsjoex said:

I think the 88 will do better with more population ingame.

If you get organized squad attacks again the 88 can be very deadly. High concentration of enemy tanks, high concentration of infantry that can prevent any lone soldiers to plink you.

Maybe so, but we don't have that, may never have that again

On 3/10/2016 at 3:24 AM, DOC said:

Actually, rather than be slowed down as is often believed (because stuff is almost always nerfed rather than buffed) ... the last thing the 88 got (and all other ATG's as well) was an increase in push speed.

Just for the record.

I was the last one "all those years ago" to adjust data like that, and I can still remember back that far. Just. :D

PS: Don't view this to mean I am saying "it shouldn't be sped up" because that would be erroneous, I did not say that. I might even agree that it could be sped up as part of gameplay, I didn't give an opinion on that. I just don't think (to be accurate if that matters) one should attach the need to speed it up on the basis it was made slow, then slower, to annoy someone or whatever. That puts the focus on why in the wrong light completely.

"Why" should always be based on a series of positive outcomes that make any such change the best decision, rather than attack it from the opposite direction. That's an opinion. ;)

Hi Doc, good to see you around the forums.

I think the one thing that could change is to allow the flak-36 have the one option it had in real life, was to be able to fire while limbered and still hooked to the prime mover. This put limitations on elevation and traverse.

Flak-36 without a gunshield is a Flak-18

15 hours ago, mauserk said:

Flak-36 without a gunshield is a Flak-18

This in not entirely correct.

A Flak-36, without a gunshield is likely to be a Luftwaffe Flak-36. One with a gunshield is likely to be a Heer Flak-36. Flak-18s and Flak-36s are similar but distinctly different weapons. The Flak-18 was the predecessor to the Flak-36 however.

Cheers

james10

Edited by james10

Add a gun shield, that is all. I don't want ahistorical adjustments. Then why not change the speed of tanks to 400% like all the other games and play Battlefield 1 or some other [censored]? Just adda shield and leave the gun be.

On 11/5/2016 at 6:07 PM, pbveteran said:

Flak 36 is only useful when you have a spy account and know an attack or tank column is being setup, so you drive your truck towing and 88 and setup in a good place.. Then kill some tanks and be killed by a infantry or plane a few minutes later..

It does not balance the matty and char only if you could self-tow and if you had a gunshield could it survive and have a higher impact on the game, it's a pretty bad weapon, as allied I charge them frontally with infantry and never get killed or fear dieing..

Lies, the 88 is only effective when you have your own tow, know the terrain, and know where your side is launching an attack or know where an enemy attack is happening.  All of those things can be gotten without having a 'spy' account.  Shoot, for defending against enemy attacks, I just look at the EWS.  For attacking, usually all it takes is a 'yo HC, what's the next AO' on side chat.

I would not mind if the 88, Pak40, 17pdr and 3" ATGs all had a speed boost for playability reasons.. I also would not mind if transporters and trucks got a speed boost also. Not a lot but something that would make it more attractive to tow and to set up FRUs. If no speed increase, mb an increase in excelleration to get to top speed faster.