blimpy2

why is it? (offset?? lag??)

36 posts in this topic

Ding ding ding!!!!..........^^^^^^^

Hit the nail on the head. It happens, I know it happens. Obvious to visually detect if your looking for it, but no way CRS is going to be able to verify it legitimately in my opinion. To many excuses will be offered as to "bad" lag.

Several months back I was noticing some odd behavior with several of my killers. Same patterns emerged. Not every time but quite a lot in CERTAIN circumstances mainly inside CP/ AB's. I would hear them then see them enter the CP and then I was dead and they were behind me.

I googled "lag" to try and understand how it effected games and different stuff and the LAG SWITCH came right up and I was like, well well....this is interesting and may explain the weird behavior.

So in conclusion do I think some players use one? - YES, but im sure its a very very small number and only used in close quarters like CP and AB buildings. All other anomalies I chalk up to $hitty old code and natural server ping issues.

well, it's easy to believe given all the lag, but honestly there's just two much of it, I honestly think you'll find that when the issue if minimised/fixed it will go away, and while I am not naïve enough to think people don't cheat.

I think for the vast majority of incident's it's just poor code/lag/offset etc.

well, it's easy to believe given all the lag, but honestly there's just two much of it, I honestly think you'll find that when the issue if minimised/fixed it will go away, and while I am not naïve enough to think people don't cheat.

I think for the vast majority of incident's it's just poor code/lag/offset etc.

I agree BUT the popping up behind you screams lag switch.

Lag? What Do Ya'll Know About Lag? I AM Lag...I Spit On All O' You...

5v7k44.jpg

You may spit, BUT I olde man phart in your direction.

muahahahahahaha

Qhick, PULL MY FINGER ;)

Offset can be replicated, 2 builders figured out how and forwarded the results to the Rats.

A lot of infantry heroes are gonna see their K/D drop by a lot when they can't kill people who have no way to fight back...lol.

were they testing in 1.35?

were they testing in 1.35?

Tested in both 1.34 & 1.35

Bug is re-creatable in both. But now they can create it at will, and have narrowed it down to an area of the code, hopefully they will be able to fix it "soon".

Actually, the first time I saw the bug was during the initial testing of 1.35 few years back. It wasn't present in 1.34 at that time, I wonder if it crept in as some features were back-ported.

Actually, the first time I saw the bug was during the initial testing of 1.35 few years back. It wasn't present in 1.34 at that time, I wonder if it crept in as some features were back-ported.

Was talking with Zeke the other day and we suspect we know when the bug appeared in 1.34. Given what we suspect it is related to it's more than possible that the code that includes the bug was back-ported into 1.34 from the original 1.35 code.