wwolfw

Is there lifetime subscription?

38 posts in this topic

The money I spend for just 1 month of a good game goes a long way. How else can you have that many hours of fun for 20$ or less? You couldn't have a night at the bar for that anymore. You could maybe see a movie with it, or have dinner with a friend, but that would be over within a day. Of course I still do those things, but a chance to spend less than a dollar a day for good fun is a steal imo.

Trust me there are a lot of games that you can buy for 20$, e.g DayZ (over 600hrs also have a youtube channel based on it), insurgency, Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm (This is also a GREAT WW2 game). There are many games for 20$ that is packed with endless fun.

Trust me there are a lot of games that you can buy for 20$, e.g DayZ (over 600hrs also have a youtube channel based on it), insurgency, Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm (This is also a GREAT WW2 game). There are many games for 20$ that is packed with endless fun.

Those games all have a set end date; development is over after the game is launched.

Any MMO game you get has constant ongoing development, and thus needs to pay salaries as well as continuing server fees.

Those games all have a set end date; development is over after the game is launched.

Any MMO game you get has constant ongoing development, and thus needs to pay salaries as well as continuing server fees.

Rising Storm 2 is coming

I spend a bunch on this game in terms of subscriptions, fundraisers etc but the value is high none the less. It works out to about $1/hr. Not much for how much fun I have and a lot less than other addictions!

I understand your position 100%. I am actually in the same boat with every other game I play. The thought of paying for a monthly subscription for a game when there are so many other options out there seems ludicrous.

But for me, this game and this community are worth every penny. I pay (even when I'm not playing) to support the game because of a deep emotional attachment I have for it. Since you do not have that same level of attachment, it probably wouldn't make sense for you to subscribe.

You can still be a part of the community at still have a lot of fun as a F2P. Get on TS sometime (listening/learning is better than talking at first) and tag along with a squad. Who knows, maybe someday you'll reconsider getting a subscription :)

S! and welcome to WWIIOL :)

Edited by capco

I understand your position 100%. I am actually in the same boat with every other game I play. The thought of paying for a monthly subscription for a game when there are so many other options out there seems ludicrous.

But for me, this game and this community are worth every penny. I pay (even when I'm not playing) to support the game because of a deep emotional attachment I have for it. Since you do not have that same level of attachment, it probably wouldn't make sense for you to subscribe.

You can still be a part of the community at still have a lot of fun as a F2P. Get on TS sometime (listening/learning is better than talking at first) and tag along with a squad. Who knows, maybe someday you'll reconsider getting a subscription :)

S! and welcome to WWIIOL :)

Yup...this is the point alright!

Well said.

danm.. 1,000 is soo much for a game, thats how much my pc costs.. well rip me i'll have to be f2p forever :(

There are added benefits to being a gold builder that they didn't mention, first of which is that all rank requirements for everything are removed. Rank 1 navy and want to sail a Destroyer? No problem! And free binoculars for your marines. And you can make missions. Pretty much everything that isn't behind the HC wall is yours to play with.

Other benefits include: Having every noob in the game ask you what that hammer means, laughing in the face of temporary bans, and being able to take all the time off that you want because it doesn't matter anymore. Oh, and outlasting the Rats themselves. Seriously, now that DOC is gone I don't think is a single Rat left at CRS who was there when I first started playing.

oy6PxrD.png

Whatever you decide to do, Wolfy ---> You're welcome in our community. Your post has stimulated a good discussion on the subscription tiers and so thank you for making it. If you see me in game, say hello and I'll help you with anything you need. S!

It is as much, if not more, the people in the community that I play the game with, than it is the game itself.......which is out of sight...........phenomenal.

Other benefits include: Having every noob in the game ask you what that hammer means

Just ask them to turn your hammer off. I did back in 2005 and have not been bothered since. I do wish gold builders got an expanded ignore list. Mine keeps filling up.

if i was SMRT I would have dropped $1000 back in 2003 whan I started for a lifetime sub.................the money i would have saved.

Yeah, I'm glad I did that, even though it was rather a lot at the time it's been nice knowing I didn't have to worry about the subscription any more and could pick it back up whenever I wanted.

oh well, and Im not a fan either of paying taxes, but wth. How do you think we can keep the game open then?

Life is not for free.

If you are loving the game, make it a favour (and yourself) and support it with a suscription. And starter account could be a good start.

Or no future. This is a 100% community funded game.

This post made me think about this WIP IDEA.

PS: This is just something that came into my mind this moment as I was reading this post, so it will maybe sucks, the idea will problably alot of problems that would need solutions to make the idea works.

Anyway the players of this game usually back the indiegogo stuff and subscribe to hero system,.... so they like to help this game to get even better.

Anyway....

Instead of buying the game and then paying per month, the game would work like this:

People would pay X dollars to buy the game (people that already brought it wont need to pay again).

Instead of amontly fee the developers would do this:

They would have their own kickstarter page, when they think about a game feature, or etc.. they want to include on the game, they create an page about it, this page will tell how the feature will be and also the price of this new feature (money needed to develop it plus some extra money because the company need to profit from the game).

Users would select some feature and back it with real life money, like kicksarter, (but you will need to be one of the guys that brought the game to do that).

When an feature become funded, this will be on the list of thing they will work on, they will get the money of the backers that backed this feature (only the money they applied to this specific feature, not the money they used to back other features).

Anyway, no extra feature (excluding bug fixes) will be included on the game if not funded.

Each month the kickstarter like site will also get some amount of the users that backed something (needed to pay for the server and etc...), this amount will be the amount needed split between all users that are currently backing something that was not funded yet (but the site will not get more money then the one the users used to back something, they cant get money from someone credit card, bank account...)

If you brought the game, you have full acess to the game (even if you never back something), and if you are the current free acess you continue the way you are (until you decide to buy the game).

THIS IS PROBLABLY A ****TY IDEA, ANYWAY JUST POSTING SOMETHING THAT CAME INTO MY MIND THE EXACT MOMENT I SAW YOUR TEXT.