kareca

CRS we can not play without HC?

47 posts in this topic

I'm not saying they are bad... but

we put AO by vote, move bgde etc

how many votes do alts get? 2nd accounts? other side's second accounts? ftps?

... other side's second accounts?...

so you are using your second account?

or other system..

or any other system..

many HCs are good, many great.

but some do many things wrong.

so you are using your second account?

or other system..

or any other system..

many HCs are good, many great.

but some do many things wrong.

The "majority" is prone to the exact same thing.

Erik

There's no question that we need a system to 'allow the show to go on' no matter the scaling or pop situation, but I think a lot of the reason why the Original Rats shied away from doing it was exactly working out how to protect the game from megagriefing.

It actually did happen once upon a time when HCs were able to sign onto the other side and move brigades, so this is not a theoretical concern, it's VERY real.

The basic fact is that HC are human beings. They do their best. They may not alway make the decisions that YOU as a player think are great, but remember, there is NO way for an HC to please all of their players at the same time.

I have bene MOIC many times, and many of those times, I received conflicting requests from my players. One player wanted a brigade moved to X, while player 2 wanted it moved to Y. There is often a disagreement as to what town to AO next. Then comes the time to cancel an AO. As an MOIC I don't know how many times I asked the player base for input on maintaining an AO that was getting stale. I would receive either no recommendations, or agreement and suggestions for a new AO. So I made the announcement that the AO was going down,and, still having heard nothing from the player base, I changed the AO. THEN and only then, would I get an angry PM from someone who was upset that I had cancelled the AO just as they were getting ready to rush and cap a CP in the town.

While not every MOIC asks for input from the player base, many of us do, and we all try to consider what is best for everyone. To be honest, I have seen HC members agree to attack a town that was not optimal or keep an AO going when it could have bene pulled, just because the players online at that time wanted them to. Sometimes we make decisions based on giving players a lot of fun at a particular battle, rather than on what might be the best tactical or strategic choice.

HC can try its best to make this a great, fun game. That means, that sometimes we are going to make decisions that make some players angry with us. Please remember that those decisions are being made with an eye towards balancing fun and strategic game play.

Just remember the HC Mantra

You can please some of the players most of the time,

You can please most of the players some of the time,

But you can't please MO.

or Delems

or Jsilec

or Bar

or....................

Its just as simple as there needs to be one more AO up, Im sorry, but two is just stupid, three would work wonders imho.

Warfare is built on deception, and that third AO would provide it

I know that not everything is perfect...but I am always glad to see HC online when I play. At least I know that someone is working on setting something. I usually groan when I see an automatic AO being placed. I appreciate that somebody is willing to put some time into the game. That's my two cents anyway :)

Its just as simple as there needs to be one more AO up, Im sorry, but two is just stupid, three would work wonders imho.

Warfare is built on deception, and that third AO would provide it

Its based on population level, and the threshold is already very generous.

Look how often AOs are without EWS already.

More ninja crap? no thx

Its based on population level, and the threshold is already very generous.

Look how often AOs are without EWS already.

More ninja crap? no thx

Yes I know its based on pop level, however my main point is when the player base online is "average" and there are two AOs up there should be a third.

The frontline is massive and the same with KGs/Brigades that are active and just sitting there ready to go. Plus its a a lot of supply that should be used.

Also I see nothing wrong with a more active frontline that does move more often to possible "ninja" caps of say 8-10 inf capping a 3-4 depot city, and we have plenty.

Players being funneled into only two possible battles imho takes away much from the game that could be expanded. And Im only talking of adding a third AO during "average" pop online.

Plus I feel very strongly that deception of attack objectives should play a role into the game and with only two AOs its completely lost. The days of sending small squads to move defensive positions from primary attack objectives for larger squads is gone and it could be brought back adding a third AO.

I understand the main goal to direct players into larger battles, I see nothing wrong with that however not all players want that do they ? A sense of capture and accomplishment is good for players and we see them return to play more often

The HC system is a failed system.

Plain and simple, it's a failed and broken system that needs to go, or at least have their role toned WAY down.

Those few HC can use the 2nd AO for a masturbatory AO on a useless softcap town because they want to pad their own squad's cap stats, or just F around capping an empty town.

Worse, those few can totally destroy the entire map by 1 bad flag move.

Worst yet, there could be no HC on and the system REALLY breaks.

It's a totally flawed game system that gives enjoyment to a select few.

Yes Mo it is a flawed HC system, however it MUST stay, and by that I mean HC must stay... imho its one of the unique systems in game that sets it apart from other games.

Plus it provides a strong player base and strong community that is one of the major assets that game has

It provides a sense of control and allows player base to have other options than just spawning in and "playing" the game. This goes back to my point of opening up the front to another AO, it accomplishes two goals. One, allowing lone wolfs to not feel the sense they are being directed by HC and two it opens up the HC strategic game at the same time to move those lone wolf players where HC actually wants them to divert or provide deception while not giving the sense HC is directing them.

The HC system is a failed system.

Plain and simple, it's a failed and broken system that needs to go, or at least have their role toned WAY down.

Those few HC can use the 2nd AO for a masturbatory AO on a useless softcap town because they want to pad their own squad's cap stats, or just F around capping an empty town.

Worse, those few can totally destroy the entire map by 1 bad flag move.

Worst yet, there could be no HC on and the system REALLY breaks.

It's a totally flawed game system that gives enjoyment to a select few.

It was never a good idea. Was against it from BEFORE it was implemented. But... the Rats knew better back then :rolleyes:

Yes Mo it is a flawed HC system, however it MUST stay, and by that I mean HC must stay... imho its one of the unique systems in game that sets it apart from other games.

Plus it provides a strong player base and strong community that is one of the major assets that game has

It provides a sense of control and allows player base to have other options than just spawning in and "playing" the game. This goes back to my point of opening up the front to another AO, it accomplishes two goals. One, allowing lone wolfs to not feel the sense they are being directed by HC and two it opens up the HC strategic game at the same time to move those lone wolf players where HC actually wants them to divert or provide deception while not giving the sense HC is directing them.

Its a broken system that only benefits a very few who play the game, the HC themselves.

For the rest of us, it's crap.

I like the direction xoom pointed in the last rat chat - returning the HC to its original role of facilitator rather than needed piece.

Hc system has been a failure and a revamp is long overdue....pretty sure the rats are working on something better since almost anything is better....a more open front will lead to more lowpop nonsense i think but at this point its worth a shot if we get higher pop....if lowpop wasnt such a deserted tz then i doubt the uproar would be so loud when the map is turned upside down every night at 4/5 am est....time to start thinking outside the box to keep things fresh

I like the direction xoom pointed in the last rat chat - returning the HC to its original role of facilitator rather than needed piece.

Yes agreed, I did listen to the rat chat recording and Xoom & The Rats do have some good ideas they mentioned

XOOM said in the Rat Chat they will be replacing the current system..We need to be patient..Wonder why the old team is all gone? They screwed up royally..Game still exists because of this community of gamers.

Its a broken system that only benefits a very few who play the game, the HC themselves.

rofl.

Whats the benefit???

Its a burden.

rofl.

Whats the benefit???

Its a burden.

To some it's a burden, for sure, but I know some HC who love it, who love to be in charge and play chess with the brigades.

Well it sure CAN be fun, if you're a masochist...

Time to come back on the good side Mos, no silly softcap run (when I'm on anyway)

And no squad-favoritism.

AO by voting is the worst idea ever since so many people don't understand the strategic part of the game.

Trust me, HCs know a lot more about the game than most. We're also better players than many.

Can't wait to fight for Towns like Walcourt and Ste. Menehould lol.

AO by voting is the worst idea ever since so many people don't understand the strategic part of the game.

Trust me, HCs know a lot more about the game than most. We're also better players than many.

Half the HC in the game don't understand the strategic part of the game, who are you kidding?

As for better players, LOL.