robyd

Acknowledge the 100k players

6 posts in this topic

We have an award system (that needs updating) but to many players this is very much part of their game (Like stats). For some this is more important then actually the game play itself so it cant really be ignored.

Two of my squad (Catfive and Canuk) have now reached the 100k milestone in kills which I feel is a huge feat in itself, but actually shows the players commitment/loyalty to the game overall. Both times we celebrated this within the squad but what I noticed was new(ish) players in awe of this accomplishment and actually stating that they would like to be part of this unique group!

My proposal is that we recognise this by creating a "garden" area in a central town (so its seen on a regular basis) with statues or a stone (even pictures like in AB bunkers) of the 100k club.

We know that little things like this add extra "content" to the game but also it provides that extra incentive to players more then just "levelling" to gain additional weapons. Some players would become obsessed with the want to achieve these kind of targets and this would naturally increase (or sustain) some player subscriptions.

we could also consider other milestones like 25k, 50k so that other players can be involved.

Then add a place to post the names of pilots that drop more than XXX tons of bombs while performing Factory Bombing Runs.

We agree, the topic has been brought up multiple times within the internal team. It is on the list of things to do, we just have not gotten there yet...hang in there.

We have an award system (that needs updating) but to many players this is very much part of their game (Like stats). For some this is more important then actually the game play itself so it cant really be ignored.

Two of my squad (Catfive and Canuk) have now reached the 100k milestone in kills which I feel is a huge feat in itself, but actually shows the players commitment/loyalty to the game overall. Both times we celebrated this within the squad but what I noticed was new(ish) players in awe of this accomplishment and actually stating that they would like to be part of this unique group!

My proposal is that we recognise this by creating a "garden" area in a central town (so its seen on a regular basis) with statues or a stone (even pictures like in AB bunkers) of the 100k club.

We know that little things like this add extra "content" to the game but also it provides that extra incentive to players more then just "levelling" to gain additional weapons. Some players would become obsessed with the want to achieve these kind of targets and this would naturally increase (or sustain) some player subscriptions.

we could also consider other milestones like 25k, 50k so that other players can be involved.

If some sort of 'lifetime achievement' page were to be made - what sort of things should be on it (obviously lifetime leaders for kills and caps)...