• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
imded

Scout planes to get intel behind enemy lines

43 posts in this topic

Another reason we need scout planes with no AWS, is currently, if we have any LW fly with our destroyers, we are immediately found as the aircraft sets off AWS.

Having a scout plane with no AWS signature would allow the destroyers to have eyes, but not be broadcast to the other side where they are.

And the Arado Ar 196 A-3 to A-5 was the KM shore and ship based recon plane.

Arado-Ar-196-Seenotstaffel-6-(K3+CO)-being-catapult-lunched-01.jpg

Edited by delems

That could add at least some activity behind-enemy-lines (besides softcaps). Though "the information" need to be such, what can't be collected by F2P units, which might be sent as spies.

And yes, me too would be liked small/med flying boats/amphibious planes. They could add to game even more new content.

That could add at least some activity behind-enemy-lines (besides softcaps). Though "the information" need to be such, what can't be collected by F2P units, which might be sent as spies.

And yes, me too would be liked small/med flying boats/amphibious planes. They could add to game even more new content.

This would be a new facet of the game that would bring in some

new players. F2P would not be able to use these vehicles.

It would require rank of say of an E6 or higher.

:)

France:

Potez 438

The Potez 43 wasn't in military service AFAIK, whereas the very similar Potez 53 was:

p58_02_zpsanqagji3.jpg

Officially, it was a training/liaison plane, but it did fly reconnaissance missions in 1940.

1 person likes this

the very similar Potez 53 was

Ooops... I meant the Potez 58, the variant in military service pictured above being the Potez 585.

1 person likes this

If you want a real french "reconnaissance" plane... Take the potez 637.

pz633-i.jpg

This pic actually shows a Potez 633 originally built for Romania. It has the bombrack for 4x50kg-class bombs, as well as additional armour for the pilot.

Having the Potez 63x class would be nice and all, but for some reason I think slow STOL army co-operation planes would be very cool to have in the game.

1 person likes this

scout planes can trigger special mission when finding certain facility's,

one mission i can think up with is "attacking radar stations" you find one place a attack mission on it blow it up take out aws in a general area for a few hours

im sure people here can think of a dozen more type of missions

also scout bikes :) (no not the side car mg ones just the bikes)

Germ - BMW R71 or R75

FR - Royal Enfield WD Re or Harley WLA

US - Harley WLA or Indian scout 500

Brit - Norton 16H or Royal Enfield WD/RE

also scout bikes :) (no not the side car mg ones just the bikes)

Germ - BMW R71 or R75

FR - Royal Enfield WD Re or Harley WLA

US - Harley WLA or Indian scout 500

Brit - Norton 16H or Royal Enfield WD/RE

If we get bikes we'll have to build POW camps. Just sayin'. ;)

u0LAJRdm.jpg

*Photo Still of Steve McQueen in the movie "The Great Escape"*

I agree, there should be asymmetrical balance. There is no need for absolute weapon to weapon balance and it can still make for an interesting and playable game.

That has been the argument by the previous generation of Rats. I think the current generation's approach is listen to the player base more.

Interesting, but everyone knows that the best intel comes from having a F2P account logged in on the other side.