silversoil

mines

10 posts in this topic

Mines would have to be carefully implemented so as to make it not all powerful.

Like the bazooka/schrek. They can remove so many tanks very quickly.

One has to look at the ramifications and the long term effects to the game.

The idea may sound great BUT it could destroy the play of the game.

The idea should be discussed at length. As all ideas should with carefull consideration.

:D

If there would be mines I envisage they should be placed in areas designated as minefields. I can imagine an area which has anti-tank mines meaning that infantry can cross the area but vehicles cannot.

However it would make it a bit gamey as I don't think it would be possible to have mine clearing vehicles in the way the game is currently set up.

If there would be mines I envisage they should be placed in areas designated as minefields. I can imagine an area which has anti-tank mines meaning that infantry can cross the area but vehicles cannot.

However it would make it a bit gamey as I don't think it would be possible to have mine clearing vehicles in the way the game is currently set up.

either knifes to carefully poke it , or maybe it would be a small black dot , placed by a player, and spotted and avoided by a player , or just a mine field of them as a default def

either knifes to carefully poke it , or maybe it would be a small black dot , placed by a player, and spotted and avoided by a player , or just a mine field of them as a default def

WHY DID THIS POST TWICE!

WHY DID THIS POST TWICE!

Given the length of time it takes to manually clear a mine field - even compressed for game - you got a few hours to stare at the map terrain?

Given the length of time it takes to manually clear a mine field - even compressed for game - you got a few hours to stare at the map terrain?
not a big mine field , just a 10 m minefield , 1 on each side of town

Good idea in theory, but I agree that it has the potential both for abuse and for slowing an already slow game down to a crawl. The former can be mitigated somewhat with placement rules similar to FRU placement restrictions, but the latter is the real killer for me.

Mines are dangerous.

2tpSkVJF7-8

But yea at some point I think they should and will be added but will require some serious thought as to rules/code governing their use.

And, that is a very young "me" in that vid picture working in the mines.

A lot of players of this game, particularly the customers that are looking for something different than the run-and-gun games but not too different, only want to attack. They want offense, and they want it fast.

Mines are a defensive strength multiplier. Not only do they make offense harder, they also slow it down.

Maybe CRS would want to make game-offense slower, and game-defense stronger. I'm doubting it, though.

My guess would be that CRS thinks the current game has the offense-defense balance just about right, and doesn't want to introduce anything that might change it substantially.

Edited by jwilly