• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Hells Gate   03/24/2019

Break through the lines, and enter Hells Gate!!! This will be the next CRS organized event.  Lead by the High command from each side.
      Free Premium Access for the event
      Date: 3/30/19 Time: 11:00 AM Server time/ 12:00pm EST/ 1600 GMT
czpetr

Multicrew for F2P players?

13 posts in this topic

I would like to ask if F2P players will have access to some multicrew positions (when multicrew will be working in 1.35) ? F2P have no access to tanks or bombers - does it mean they will have no access to multicrew any positions in tanks/bombers?

Always have so I would assume that won't change.

Correct. They can serve as crew members at all times, and with any vehicles they have available they'd get access to command / request crew as well.

Correct. They can serve as crew members at all times, and with any vehicles they have available they'd get access to command / request crew as well.

i hope , and i hope if there is EVER a medic class it s free too , ya know , i love saving peeps lives

hello gentlemen, I take this opportunity to expose my opinion about Multi Crew.

I think it is an outstanding feature but it should be revised, I'm talking about tanks Multicrew I do not understand why the player who drives the tank can not assist the gunner taking the position of commander.

It is extremely limiting and compromises the efficiency of units,think of the Stug, the assault gun It possesses the ability to determine the distance of the targets through the optics of the commander it would be great to be able to communicate the targets to gunner and have the situation constantly under control.

I am sure that with this little fix people would do much more Multicrew They would lose less tanks and would avoid the waste of resources.

i hope , and i hope if there is EVER a medic class it s free too , ya know , i love saving peeps lives

Medics are a total waste of time in this game.

95% of the time that you get shot you are dead.

the player who drives the tank can not assist the gunner taking the position of commander.

I'd much rather have a good second player doing the driving/hull-MG than sharing the turret with me. Due to various factors, acquiring and tracking targets can be quite tricky even when you're on your own. I would probably find it confusing to have the TC (who has better zoom and better overview of the surroundings) trying to explain to me where to look for a partially obscured tank or a well hidden ATG. I'd much rather be able to switch between TC and gunner myself to do this.

Now a dedicated driver does come in real handy when you have to keep your tank positioned correctly in relation to the highest threat. Being able to quickly swing your tank around a few degrees while still being able to observe the battlefield from the TC position can mean the difference between life and death. There was a reason why they taught German Tiger-crews to always keep their vehicle facing high threats at an offset angle, not "dead on". That side armor gets a lot thicker when the enemy have to shoot it at anything other than a perfect 90° angle.

And for obvious reasons, having a second player as the driver really is the only setup that makes any sense in the StuGs. These things almost feel like a different weapon when you run them with a buddy who knows what he's doing.

S.

I'd much rather have a good second player doing the driving/hull-MG than sharing the turret with me. Due to various factors, acquiring and tracking targets can be quite tricky even when you're on your own. I would probably find it confusing to have the TC (who has better zoom and better overview of the surroundings) trying to explain to me where to look for a partially obscured tank or a well hidden ATG. I'd much rather be able to switch between TC and gunner myself to do this.

Now a dedicated driver does come in real handy when you have to keep your tank positioned correctly in relation to the highest threat. Being able to quickly swing your tank around a few degrees while still being able to observe the battlefield from the TC position can mean the difference between life and death. There was a reason why they taught German Tiger-crews to always keep their vehicle facing high threats at an offset angle, not "dead on". That side armor gets a lot thicker when the enemy have to shoot it at anything other than a perfect 90° angle.

And for obvious reasons, having a second player as the driver really is the only setup that makes any sense in the StuGs. These things almost feel like a different weapon when you run them with a buddy who knows what he's doing.

S.

Personally, I feel that having a commander assisting targeting is more beneficial as he can help direct your fire when the target is so far away that you can only see a few pixels on your gunsight (e.g. telling you to fire slightly higher or lower, left or right etc), also he can look around for other targets that may be needed to be destroyed first such as a more powerful tank or a truck, whereas the view is quite limited in the gunner position making it impossible to have spotted anything else, and switching between commander and gunner can make you lose your target at times.

On a side note, do you guys think tank commanders should have the ability to take out a submachine gun to kill EIs? It improves self-sufficiency of a tank at the expense of the infantry but the turn rate of the commander is quite low so he is still handicapped. Plus, a commander is normally responsible for spotting targets so it wouldn't make too much of a change in terms of gameplay.

On a side note, do you guys think tank commanders should have the ability to take out a submachine gun to kill EIs?

From a "realism"-POV this would be nice to have. They did carry SMGs inside tanks for a reason and I've read stories about tank-crews engaging EI with them.

Alas, it would probably require a re-write of the game-engine. I doubt the current system is capable of simulating the TC grabbing an SMG and firing away.

Come to think of it: I'd rather have a third position for the TC:

1. Buttoned up - same as what we have today

2. New position - partially open: open hatch but TC's head barely sticking out of the cupola. Limit or deny his access to binoculars in this position.

3. Fully open - same as what we have today.

This still wouldn't simulate the RL ability to quickly duck down, but it would give a new option to observe the surroundings without making the TC a pretty easy target for just about anything that can shoot a bullet.

S.

Having the Commander controlled by a different player than the gunner seams like a good idea, however given how the game engine works it would actually be a disadvantage.

Only the player shooting sees the correct fall of their rounds, everyone else just sees an approximation. Therefore currently when shooting at long range you need to shoot, switch to your commander to see where you round falls, then adjust your fire. With the commander controlled by another player you couldn't do that.

Problem with the driver not being able to use the commander is that positioning yourself gets a bit difficult.

Especially if you want to throw in a bit of an angle... are you placed dangerously or not? You hardly have visibility to the left or right and you can't pop up the MG gunner either.

From a "realism"-POV this would be nice to have. They did carry SMGs inside tanks for a reason and I've read stories about tank-crews engaging EI with them.

Alas, it would probably require a re-write of the game-engine. I doubt the current system is capable of simulating the TC grabbing an SMG and firing away.

Come to think of it: I'd rather have a third position for the TC:

1. Buttoned up - same as what we have today

2. New position - partially open: open hatch but TC's head barely sticking out of the cupola. Limit or deny his access to binoculars in this position.

3. Fully open - same as what we have today.

This still wouldn't simulate the RL ability to quickly duck down, but it would give a new option to observe the surroundings without making the TC a pretty easy target for just about anything that can shoot a bullet.

S.

I was just thinking about how the "O" button works for the driver and implement it for the commander. Whereas it closes the narrow viewport, it will take out the SMG for the commander and it can act like a 3rd weapon of the tank. Alas, I do not know whether or not it is as easy as I think.

hello guys, it's been a while since the last time!

In the meantime the new version of the game has been released I personally find it amazing.

synchronization between clients works perfectly it makes it fun and cool cooperative play

I particularly liked the fact thatWe see the difference between an armor-piercing shell and an HE when impacts

good work keep it up!!