OHM

Beta 1.35

13 posts in this topic

Update...

The network guys just got past a major roadblock that was preventing the beta server from working nicely with the main network.

They are working feverishly to get it online .... no ETA yet

They have been working around the clock to bring this out.

finally replacing the hamster...

7OV82za

now you need a better wheel :)

Edited by major0noob

*looks around*

Uh, well...like I ain't goin' nowhere, y'know. :)

Thanks to the Rats for all the hard work. We haven't forgotten you guys missing Christmas for us, either. The patch happens when it happens.

S!

-Irish

OHM, with all the due respect, at least you guys could try to give us a real update further than copypaste the same words than 12h ago?:D:D

S! gasoffits u tha man S!

i gat a 9 yr lap tops i both me wife 4 hre gamse an at m was tah beast u colde gat,as 2 day i his she did no givse it 2 me lol lol i goins tri sa wat i gat ok 4givse me if i sonds spuppid.

i gat a 17 insh hp provilanis .entrateamamte CP

pntall cerions cp

invida 9600 Graffik cards

4 i repeet 4 meg DDR2 rams

an i can stil play gamse wit som salf satifactions

JVR1959 out S!

S! gasoffits u tha man S!

i gat a 9 yr lap tops i both me wife 4 hre gamse an at m was tah beast u colde gat,as 2 day i his she did no givse it 2 me lol lol i goins tri sa wat i gat ok 4givse me if i sonds spuppid.

i gat a 17 insh hp provilanis .entrateamamte CP

pntall cerions cp

invida 9600 Graffik cards

4 i repeet 4 meg DDR2 rams

an i can stil play gamse wit som salf satifactions

JVR1959 out S!

I hope you mean gigs of ram :)

You can't even play Rise of the Triad on 4 megs

and here's DOC trying to find the crash log storage location

Eniac-348x196.jpg

I bet he is glad he's not.

Any update on the status 1.35?

This is what VICTARUS wrote in a another thread.

Yep. The point of the test was to flush out any issues that weren't popping up during the smaller tests, and enough of those cropped up right away for us to decide it's best to just get started on what we have and have another large-scale test later. There were also some issues that cropped up due to the shift to physical hardware, but we can test those easily enough with the smaller team we usually use. Most of the deployment stuff we were fighting with this time will also carry into the future, so the transition should also be a lot smoother, so when we have the next big test (probably after this coming campaign) we shouldn't have the delay that we had this time.

While things might have been really buggy for some people, a lot of the issues players ran into seem like they'll be really straightforward to fix (I already fixed two of the crashes people were experiencing in about ten minutes :D ), so we should be in a far better place when the next major test rolls around. Unfortunately the only way to find a lot of these issues was to actually have a larger test like this, so it's one of those things where we kind of have to show you guys all of the ugly bugs we run into in order to find them in the first place. Rest assured that we were fairly certain this was going to happen: The longer schedule is there for when these kinds of issues don't pop up (or at least are less significant) so we can make sure the server runs for a decent amount of time with an active load: Once it passes that, we'll most likely make the switch and run the following campaign on 1.35.

At its core, 1.35 is already a lot better than 1.34: Everyone whose experienced the actual gameplay has said so in no uncertain terms. The problem is just finding all of the rough edges, and as brief as it was this test has helped us immensely with that. :)