cdz

Random spawn points

5 posts in this topic

What about random spawn points, say within 200 meters of the AB in random buildings, allowing INF to spawn in a place other than the Metal Buildings to slow down camping when towns are under attack:)

Per past CRS comments, camping is a design feature. The original design team decided that there needed to be a mechanism for an attacker to definitively capture a defended town. They arrived at campable spawn points as a mechanic that would provide the defender and the attacker with a reasonable chance of prevailing, depending on their relative strengths in the town.

Creating a mechanic that would have the effect of disabling camping would be a major design change favoring the defense. That's not automatically desirable just because it could be done.

Per past CRS comments, camping is a design feature. The original design team decided that there needed to be a mechanism for an attacker to definitively capture a defended town. They arrived at campable spawn points as a mechanic that would provide the defender and the attacker with a reasonable chance of prevailing, depending on their relative strengths in the town.

Creating a mechanic that would have the effect of disabling camping would be a major design change favoring the defense. That's not automatically desirable just because it could be done.

Well I know the depots work in the direction I am talking, But when it gets down to the AB and all depots are captured, maybe 1/3 of spawning inf could be random, I think there Is nothing more frustrating than that in game, and I think it has driven more people from the game than any other factor. :) People hate the Camp!!

Edited by cdz

People hate the Camp!!

Defenders do, for sure. But this is one of those design questions that causes strong feelings that differ depending on whether you're an attacker or a defender.

Any change that would move the game toward less-frustrating defense, probably would involve defense being more successful and attackers less so. And, that would move the game toward a slower overall pace, with fewer attacks that would take longer.

The camp is usually the end of the battle.

The last thing we need is players magically spawning behind an encirclement ala the inf placed FRU.