kanu1

Hello from Italy

25 posts in this topic

My name is Alessandro, I joined B.E. community yesterday and I would like to greet you all.

Me and my girlfriend are interested in WW2 and played many years online games like MOHAA/BF42, but we were looking for a more realistic gaming experience. Sadly the italian section of this forum seems dead, but we are reading your tutorials (everything seems very challenging!).

I'm sure that living this community will be a pleasure.

Welcome to WWII Online :)

The learning curve can be steep, but if you are patient enough you should be pleased with the game.

Because teamwork is important in this game, and since many current players are veterans, I recommend you join a squad in the future.

Please note that it is customary in this game for squads to only play one side (Axis or Allied) for the duration of a campaign. A campaign typically lasts about a month and ends when one side reaches certain victory conditions.

Therefore you may want to hold off on joining a squad until you get a chance to play on both teams. Or maybe you have decided which side to play on and want to join a squad right away. It's all up to you.

S! <--- this is shorthand for a salute

Edited by capco

My name is Alessandro, I joined B.E. community yesterday and I would like to greet you all.

Me and my girlfriend are interested in WW2 and played many years online games like MOHAA/BF42, but we were looking for a more realistic gaming experience. Sadly the italian section of this forum seems dead, but we are reading your tutorials (everything seems very challenging!).

S! just so you know , this game has a long learning curve but worth it (also devs will add Italians in the future , they said on the roadmap)

also devs will add Italians in the future , they said on the roadmap)

Err..yeah... :D

Welcome to the game ... always nice to see fresh faces pop up in here!

It might not be the shiniest looking game, but there is a reason why people have stuck with it for years and/or keep coming back. Still loads of fun, very challenging and still the biggest continual MMO-map out there (AFAIK).

Make sure to check out the Teamspeak channels. There's one TS-server for Axis and one for Allies and people are generally pretty friendly and helpful on there.

I'd also recommend looking for WW2ONL fan-made video tutorials on youtube. Some of them are a bit old, but a lot of the stuff you'll learn from them is still valid.

S.

Benvenuti to the community and game. If you see me in game or need something please don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to help. Use the help text channel in-game and usually you will get an answer, eventually. Lots of death by typing, you'll figure that one out. Joining an active squad can be one of the best ways to learn and enjoy the game.

Saluto!

Welcome aboard Kanu (Alessandro), we're glad to have you on board, S! (which means salute). Our game is not only challenging but it's an exciting replication of the Western Front in World War II.

Thanks for posting something so our community can greet you with open arms, our community is truly second to none.

Good luck, and for your best possible experience, join a squad and get on teamspeak.

Sadly the italian section of this forum seems dead...

Since you're better at English than most of the native speakers, I don't see that as much of a problem. :)

Welcome to the game!

-Irish

Welcome to WW2OL!!

There was a Italian axis squad called REI, maybe some members still active... Italfolgore, Diablo, Lince... etc.

S! :)

@Tempus thanks, I'm glad too

@Capco thanks for your advices!

@Silversoil no problem, I would feel a bit "uncomfortable" playing italian side (but this transcends the game, then never mind)

@Sascha I'm spending a lot of time reading guides and watching tutorials. Unfortunately it is not easy because of the language, but I'm already falling in love with this game

@Maxios thanks!

@Stonecomet thanks mate, I will join a squad for sure

@Jwilly let me answer with two pics (at the end of this post)

@XOOM I believe in your words "community is truly second to none". I have been looking for a similar game for years, and now that I finally found I cannot describe my excitement

@Lilreb39/Wrath Thanks!

@Odonovan1 my english listening/speaking skills are horrorific, I would be in trouble on TS :(

@Kase thanks for the welcome, I've read about Italian axis squad, but I love too much USA/British army history to play axis side ;)

rQRh0M

sZj0um

S!

@Kase thanks for the welcome, I've read about Italian axis squad, but I love too much USA/British army history to play axis side

So you are goin to play allied side... Ok its a good choice for beginners.... :D(joke)

This game is awesome, you will see it, take your time to learn and improve your skills. :)

Is the jeep yours? How about the tank?

Edited by jwilly

S! Welcome to the game.

Love Italy...spent time in Rome and Cinque-de-Terre and Milan.

Great stuff.

As others have said...steep learning curve on this game...it's a good time to get into it as development is ramping up on the game after being stalled for a while.

Lots to learn and look forward to.

best regards

@Odonovan1 my english listening/speaking skills are horrorific, I would be in trouble on TS :(

I'm a native American-English speaker. You should see how much trouble I have on the Lancers' TS channel. I can't understand a fekkin' thing, some of the time. :) I think it's the Scots and Welsh accents that make my brain want to explode the most.

@Kase thanks for the welcome, I've read about Italian axis squad, but I love too much USA/British army history to play axis side ;)
You're my hero! :)

-Irish

Edited by odonovan1

@Wolfbo/Kase250 we will meet for sure :)

@Jwilli I met the owner of the jeep visiting a museum near Mantova (http://www.museofelonica.it/). It was found after Allied invasion in Sicily. Sherman tank was found in Anzio (near Rome) and I saw it in "Memorial museum of Liberty" (Bologna, Italy). It was involved in the assault to the Gothic Line. I use to visit WW2 museum during "flea markets", because I started collecting WW2 stuff.

@Elfin S! I live in Verona, but I'm from southern Italy. Bari, the city where I was born, was heavily bombed on 11 september 1943 by Luftwaffe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_raid_on_Bari). During the fascist regime, my grandfather was not able to join a group of partisans and fled to Albania. My father, when he was a kid, rescued an US pilot gunned down :)

@Odonovan maybe for an Italian it's more difficult to understand american-english :) At the moment I can only be your KIA hero, because these days I'm taking more bullets than a training target :D

Hi from austria ! welcome in the hell ^^ :D;)

Welcome friend,

Be patient, the learning curve is hard!

It took me 5 days to get my first kill when I started in 2005!

Try both sides, you will not regret the decision. Knowing what all of the equipment is capable of will help greatly.

S!

See you on the battlefield!

At the moment I can only be your KIA hero, because these days I'm taking more bullets than a training target :D

Okay, so you're not my hero. You're my twin brother. :D Just look at the white duck in my .sig. It's a "sitting duck" (which means an easy target).

-Irish