• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
soraz3

Some feedback for Xoom, re todays live-cast

15 posts in this topic

For what its worth, the thing that hooked me in, back in 2001/2/3 (or whenever i subbed first), was the fresh, open and constant communication from the devs, about the state of the game and the frank interaction with customers in the forums.

I remember waiting impatiently for next weeks newsletter to see what new stuff was coming, and rushing to the forums to get extra info. I didn't want to miss a single post, so I even developed a Rat Quote Tracker for the old forums to that effect.

The video today, gave me that same feeling. The feeling of being kept in the loop. Of experiencing the process *with* you; being able to throw feedback *at* you; share in the frustration of the difficulties that lie ahead; dream at the potential yet to be fulfilled.

Truely, I admit to having been absent for *some* years now, so for what I know, it may have been like this for all that time, and you may not even know what I'm talking about.

ANYWAYS, consider my interest re-piqued.

Welcome back gentleman, I'm glad you're here and took the time to write us and give us your feedback. The dream is alive and together we can do even more with it.

Let's keep rolling forward!

None. Xoom himself stated it wouldn't make sense to introduce different theaters due to the size of the current playerbase. Who knows far down the road. It depends on how well the game is recieved on steam. Even then though there are other more pressing priorities. The usage of the new software that has been bought, not to mention a much needed new graphics engine.

What theaters are the team considering for WWII Online 2.0 ?

Please let it be N-Africa/Med ... Battle for Crete and Malta? Afrika Korps and Italians against Brits and US in the desert? Supply route attack/defense in the Mediterranean? Of course, the map would have to include Casablanca and the town itself would need to have a certain "Café Américain" near the airfield as a unique building.. ;)

Plus we could finally get 109s, Spits, Hurris and P-40s in the loveliest paint-schemes they ever wore ... :D ... and perhaps even some tiger-striped Italian beauties such as the Macchi 200 and 202.

I'd also accept any theater of operations that would allow the inclusion of carrier groups. Been too long since I had to land on a virtual carrier.

S.

Respectfully I disagree with N Africa. Barren landscape filled with the same air/land vehicles we currently have. Not including the Italians of course. Everything just sand colored.

The Eastern front would be better. Variety of new Russian aircraft/vehicles/weapons. Large/small cities and villages to fight over. Thick forests to the North, marshes in the center, and mountains to the South. Winter and summer. Naval action to the North and South of the country not to mention the inland rivers. Numerous large factories to bomb and oil fields to the South.

I say Italy. :cool:

Lots of mountains to deal with. Volcano? Large cities.

Nice looking women or were they men in dresses? some had

mustaches. :D

Respectfully I disagree with N Africa. Barren landscape filled with the same air/land vehicles we currently have. Not including the Italians of course. Everything just sand colored.

Well.. like I said: It wouldn't just be N-Africa and deserts. It would also include the Mediterranean, with places like southern Italy, Sicily, Crete and Malta. Which would probably make this area a nice shot in the arm for the naval game.

Also: We already have US troops in the game, and this theater of operations would fit their "historical path" quite nicely. Invasion of N-Africa, fighting what remained of the Afrika Korps, the landings at Anzio, Monte Cassino. And how cool would it be to be able to fight over large islands like Crete or Malta? Of course: The Brits would need some Gladiators and the German Paras would have to lose the FG-42 .. :D

Eastern Front OTOH would require a whole new nation to be put into the game. You could do N-Africa/Med without the Italians, but you can't do Eastern Front without the Russians. And I'm pretty sure that none of us want to see the USSR fighting with nothing but lend-lease equipment ...

S.

I say Italy. :cool:

Lots of mountains to deal with. Volcano? Large cities.

Nice looking women or were they men in dresses? some had

mustaches. :D

For sure...and it will have CANADIANS !!!!!!

Well...we can hope

:)

or at least I do

:)

The problem I see with introducing the Eastern Front is that it would split the player base as you'd have to separate battle lines occurring simultaneously, unless I'm misunderstanding.

Perhaps bringing the game to more European gaming markets (Russia) would help this issue.