• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
holmium

23 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Last night (about 12 hours ago from now) there was quite a long battle for Schilde, as we (Axis) wanted Schilde back and the Allies didn't want to let go of their freshly acquired town. Anyone who played would have found it quite the intense battle, especially for a TZ3 period.

One thing I and others noticed was the huge number of offset players in that battle. It was in plague proportions. I myself went offset at least 3 times during those 3 or so hours. Requiring client resets. Usually the client reset was forced when I would run on the AB vehicle spawn roof and fall through the floor and get stuck in a wall, not very helpful to lose a sapper this way. It was apparent with players running "backwards" and running through the bunker walls, not being able to go up and down stairs. I can only assume that the Allied players had the same issues with us. It was so bad, that the guys running into the bunker to try and clear us out, had only their weapons visible and the rest of their body was hidden in the wall. Trying to shoot them was almost impossible as we can't shoot through walls. Now, I know (at least 95% certain) that these guys weren't cheating, rather, they were offset like we were but it goes to show how much of an impact this problem has on this game.

I'm not blaming anyone for us being unable to take the town last night. In fact, I'd like to say GJ to the Allied players holding out with just the AB for at least a hour last night. You guys deserve to have that town for least another few hours.

Rather my point is, can we have 1.35 plz?

1.35 is being worked on feverishly as I type this.

They coders are fixing the bugs that were found on the open beta 2weeks ago.

We will be having another open beta ....

Only reason I am hanging on at this moment is

danh danh danh daaaaaanh

or is it

muahahahahahahaha

Yeah....1.35 Can't come soon enough. Getting really frustrated with the offset bs.

That being said I know you are working as fast as you can to get it out to us.

Someone get me up to speed re. 1.35 please. Last thing I remember before I didn't renew my sub in early 2015 was that we had a 1.35 beta at some point (which, I think, I have still sitting on my HDD somewhere).

Whatever happened to that beta back then?

S.

Someone get me up to speed re. 1.35 please. Last thing I remember before I didn't renew my sub in early 2015 was that we had a 1.35 beta at some point (which, I think, I have still sitting on my HDD somewhere).

Whatever happened to that beta back then?

S.

The new 1.35 is part of the old 1.35 code with the changes made to 1.34 since then ported over to it.

In the new 1.35, multi-crew is fixed, infantry lag appears greatly reduced & offset should now be fixed. Few bugs still need squashing but it's looking very promising.

The new 1.35 is part of the old 1.35 code with the changes made to 1.34 since then ported over to it.

In the new 1.35, multi-crew is fixed, infantry lag appears greatly reduced & offset should now be fixed. Few bugs still need squashing but it's looking very promising.

I got big boots.

:D

It's looking really good guys, I'll talk about it tomorrow for the update. S!

Yeah....1.35 Can't come soon enough. Getting really frustrated with the offset bs.

This statement is true for the majority of us, from players to the programmers alike. 1.34 was a problematic update from day one, and it only got worse. We are all excited about how the 1.35 patch is looking and we are wanting it released as soon as possible. I talked with some of the guys who worked on 1.34 and they knew it had issues before release, which I will not go into their reasoning for releasing it then, it is old news.

The team here today want to make every effort possible to ensure that 1.35 improves the game play for everyone. The goal is to correct the issues we all play with today, and to increase the level of fun that the game should have. This game will always have issues that can upset us as players. Issues like losing a campaign, a shot coming from nowhere, X tank killed my tank, etc. These are normal and to be expected. The addition of offset and lag is not something any of us want to have in our game play.

The priority is to have a great release of 1.35 and that it improves the game play for us all.

I think the question is, is 1.35, even in its current state, still better than what we have now. If so, I think the majority of the players would support releasing it as is and debugging it "on the fly." That would also help stress test it and find other, less frequent bugs.

Thoughts?

-Irish

I think the question is, is 1.35, even in its current state, still better than what we have now. If so, I think the majority of the players would support releasing it as is and debugging it "on the fly." That would also help stress test it and find other, less frequent bugs.

Thoughts?

-Irish

i think that would be good? at least i cannot wait for getting 1.35 clean and smooth :3 then new features and animations and stuff like that would be very nice, i just cannot wait!

Thoughts?

I am going to go on a bit of a rant, and it's not directed at you Irish, although your post inspired it.

Well my thoughts on that are "No." 1.34 for all its flaws that progressively seem to be getting worse somehow... is still very reliable for both the server and client. Hundreds of hours playing this game version and maybe 2 or 3 CTD's caused by it. The server side of things has been relatively rock solid (except for camp 115... le sigh) and the occasional ToE hiccup.

Now compare that to 1.35.

I had a CTD literally the first thing I clicked, the squad tab, not even in game, not 1 frame rendered. I wanted to make sure AEF wasn't Axis without me, and boom... CTD. As far as the gameplay with 30 or so people being on yeah it seemed better... but there are times 1.34 seems fine too, just not in close quarters battles, and def seems to get worse the more stuff going on.

With 1.34 the problems and issues are known.

1.35 is still an unknown without a much larger test, and a live server is a horrible environment to dev on... that's like changing the serpentine belt on a running car. It took them quite a while to get 1.35 beta up in the first place, and that's part of the drill... more unknowns.

What if 1.35 has some catastrophic bug or exploit and presents a problem 10x worse than the offset bug and it's something they can't fix in a timely manner. The game is essentially dead in the water at that point unless they roll back the server and all the clients, talk about a pain.

Some of the minor patches already have had issues, m1 garand sight getting hosed, blackout beddy bug not being "included," the progressively worse offset and lag crap... it's like the more they try to fix it the madder it gets. I also cannot imagine a major patch like this is gonna be exactly like updating your browser, or even comparable to what this group have already done to 1.34 since the new hardware.

1.35 is supposed to be a stability patch, CRS and the players both are relying on it to come through. The last thing CRS needs is any more black eyes from the court of public opinion, and a fumble 1 yard before the goal-line of the "stability patch" is gonna turn them into "Cornered Racoon Software" their eyes would be so blackened.

They have surely worked their ass off on this as I know the ".report DERIDE SHOT ME THROUGH THE WALL" or ".report DERIDE WAS INVISIBLE" 4000 times a month has to be getting old. The amount of time they will save on the the GM side of things not having to deal with the offset wank will be like someone just found money on the street. As bad as it is for us, think about how bad it is for them knowing their own game build hates them and is like actively plotting against them. I can cool off, take a break, walk away. They can't. I bet ol XoomXoom has launched a keyboard or 6 off the roof after he had to calmly explain in a professional manner some BS for the 10,000th time.

I am sure I speak not only for myself, but a lot of the unwashed masses when I say this is basically a golden moment to save face and prove this is going in the right direction.

Yes, the opportunity for introducing new bugs is there, but so is getting in a car wreck tomorrow and not being able to play the game ever again. Your house is a proven safe environment, will you stay in it for the rest of your life on the chance something bad might happen outside?

One thing is guaranteed: if we stay with 1.34, frustration will eventually destroy the game. There's only so long anyone will put up with it. So we can either stick with 1.34 knowing the outcome, or step outside and see what's out there.

Yes, the opportunity for introducing new bugs is there, but so is getting in a car wreck tomorrow and not being able to play the game ever again. Your house is a proven safe environment, will you stay in it for the rest of your life on the chance something bad might happen outside?

One thing is guaranteed: if we stay with 1.34, frustration will eventually destroy the game. There's only so long anyone will put up with it. So we can either stick with 1.34 knowing the outcome, or step outside and see what's out there.

OK, lets take your analogy and tweak it..the 1.34 house I am currently in is mechanically sound but has a bad criminal element in the area where it is patently dangerous to go outside. I have a 1.35 house bought and paid for going up *right now* brand new out in the country that doesn't have electricity, water, sewer, or walls... but has no criminal element. It might be cool for me and you to stay in that 1.35 unfinished house, cause we are adults... but think of the newborn baby riflemen wandering around in it.

You have a past with the game, as do I and many others... people who have never played the game, people we desperately need... have near zero tolerance for CTD's and stupid crap in 2016.

I can hang-on for a couple more months in a place I have lived for years, or I can roll the dice and go to an unfinished house which will be done in 2 months. Then I can go outside all I want without fear of invisible EI.

You are assuming 1.35 isn't coming for a long time, It will be here before you know it in the scope of the WW2OL timeline. 1.34 needs to be put out to pasture for sure, but not before that new house is ready for the little baby noob naders.

OK, lets take your analogy and tweak it..the 1.34 house I am currently in is mechanically sound but has a bad criminal element in the area where it is patently dangerous to go outside. I have a 1.35 house bought and paid for going up *right now* brand new out in the country that doesn't have electricity, water, sewer, or walls... but has no criminal element. It might be cool for me and you to stay in that 1.35 unfinished house, cause we are adults... but think of the newborn baby riflemen wandering around in it.
Ok, so you CTD'd at the squad tab which means the whole patch is a sh*thole and will destroy the game? That's kinda the vibe I'm getting from you here.
You are assuming 1.35 isn't coming for a long time, It will be here before you know it in the scope of the WW2OL timeline. 1.34 needs to be put out to pasture for sure, but not before that new house is ready for the little baby noob naders.

I am most certainly not assuming that. I can see where this "conversation" is going, and I'm not really interested. I tried to engage you civilly, but if this is how it's going to be, forget it.

If I remember the RAT chat correctly...XOOM mentioned the possibility of a June 6 15yr anniversary release.....I think.

Ok, so you CTD'd at the squad tab which means the whole patch is a sh*thole and will destroy the game? That's kinda the vibe I'm getting from you here.

I feel unforeseen problems with a major patch that hasn't truly been tested is a legitimate concern, esp when said patch is supposed to fix things. I guess it's not valid one in your opinion. If they were just adding models or something to the game, thats one thing... this is changing a lot of the bowels of the system, bugs and problems that have existed in the core code for years.

I am most certainly not assuming that. I can see where this "conversation" is going, and I'm not really interested. I tried to engage you civilly, but if this is how it's going to be, forget it.

Sorry you feel that way. I merely was pointing out a jacked up pre-mature 1.35 that people are waiting for and were told it would be a fix could do vastly more harm than 2 more months of 1.34

That's a pretty big show stopper - yes it will wreck the game if it goes live

But also (from the beta test):

Random engines not turning off

HC tools not working for moving flags

Most squad commands not working

Auto-AO not being placed

.35 is being worked on for release, but the above mentioned bugs would end the game as (and I guarantee) every new player would spawn, then see the cluster, then never be seen again. Likewise most vets would not stay around if No AO's could be placed without CRS/HC being on, flags not able to move to re-enforce/move into captured towns, and squad commands didn't work (maybe not so much this but.... )

This is why they've been having beta tests, to get enough folks in to cause the bugs to popup so they can be fixed.

I would imagine that before a actual release to 1.35 there will be more open beta testing for just that reason. To try and catch any bugs that might crop up.

That's a pretty big show stopper - yes it will wreck the game if it goes live

But also (from the beta test):

Random engines not turning off

HC tools not working for moving flags

Most squad commands not working

Auto-AO not being placed

.35 is being worked on for release, but the above mentioned bugs would end the game as (and I guarantee) every new player would spawn, then see the cluster, then never be seen again. Likewise most vets would not stay around if No AO's could be placed without CRS/HC being on, flags not able to move to re-enforce/move into captured towns, and squad commands didn't work (maybe not so much this but.... )

Well clearly they'll never fix any of that.

As Zeke said, expect another 1.35 open beta.

And when it happens I suggest as many people as possible try it out, as it's the best way of stress testing it and finding out if there are any bugs still kicking around.

Well clearly they'll never fix any of that.

They will and .35 will go live - at some point (and after a few more large scale trials I'm sure)

in the meantime we're in .34.

From my observations, the larger battles seem to be the common factor for causing the offset bug. The very "low" pop battles of less than 10 a side seems to very rarely occur. Looking forward to the next beta test!