• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
silversoil

balance issues

19 posts in this topic

these issues are based on real life weapons and what they can do

each army has its strength and weakness , so the germans have accurate as !#@$ semi and bolt action rifles , with a soon ar (stg44).

but the french have awesome tanks and smgs , ( JUST A EX.)

so if these sides could master there strengths and cover there weaknesses , this would not be a problem .

BUT , there is a few ''default'' problems out there that need to be fixed .

but lets look at the BIG picture , supply , hc need to choose what would be made the most , with limits on the countrys money , the more land , the more $$$$.

so with this money the hc could make the mg34 at the top of the production list , so it would be the most produced thing and would be more of them , i believe this could change ww2 online problems and add a bit of strategy to the game . and this could resolve the ''sucky weapons'' (mp34) to be used the less , therefore it would not hurt combat as much

this is a game idea , but also a message to the community

Edited by silversoil

I'm not sure what language that is, but I can almost understand some parts of it. I think they might be suggesting that we go back to the old HC run RDP system?

Sorry, that will never happen.

but lets look at the BIG picture , supply , hc need to choose what would be made the most , with limits on the countrys money , the more land , the more $$$$.

so with this money the hc could make the mg34 at the top of the production list , so it would be the most produced thing and would be more of them , i believe this could change ww2 online problems and add a bit of strategy to the game . and this could resolve the ''sucky weapons'' (mp34) to be used the less , therefore it would not hurt combat as much

This is actually how it used to be done, and I loved it. It came into play when I was CinC and I thought it was a great system that allowed for the command to build up a great supply based on the needs of their team at that time. I enjoyed working the budget to make sure our side had the best and the most available while remaining within the budget. While I loved it, my counter-part did not. He had issues with the budget process. Nothing against him, it was something that not everyone could get. Which is what became a problem from what I understand. It gave the side with a CinC that was good with math and budgeting a big advantage if the other side had a CinC that was not as strong. So like you pointed out, it was a balance issue, but not based on equipment, numbers, or anything more than which CinC was better at the order of supply. I bet the majority of the time it was something that would be balanced, but when one side's CinC was way better than the other side, then I could see it as a really big issue.

If you allow the allied HC to decide what equipment they could produce then there would probably be 1000 Matildas in Tier 0. --- No thanks :)

Abuses would probably occur on both sides.

Although its an interesting idea, I doubt it would work unless there was a way to keep things overall balanced somehow.

Cheers!

Edited by krazydog

This is actually how it used to be done, and I loved it. It came into play when I was CinC and I thought it was a great system that allowed for the command to build up a great supply based on the needs of their team at that time. I enjoyed working the budget to make sure our side had the best and the most available while remaining within the budget. While I loved it, my counter-part did not. He had issues with the budget process. Nothing against him, it was something that not everyone could get. Which is what became a problem from what I understand. It gave the side with a CinC that was good with math and budgeting a big advantage if the other side had a CinC that was not as strong. So like you pointed out, it was a balance issue, but not based on equipment, numbers, or anything more than which CinC was better at the order of supply. I bet the majority of the time it was something that would be balanced, but when one side's CinC was way better than the other side, then I could see it as a really big issue.

There was also the matter of playerset 'a' that would throw a temper tantrum whenever equipment type 'x' didn't get RDP advanced. The reality is that it made for varied campaigns, but it also turned each RDP tier advancement into a forum whinefest.

Edited by B2K

And then one day a CinC forgot to hand in the RDP worksheet and DOC had to do it for him. The entire system was scrapped the next day.

i propose this , country leader , theater leader , and a new rank ( rdp leader ) could control this , and i understand the math and how hard it is , so why not think of a way to get past this?

Edited by silversoil

If you allow the allied HC to decide what equipment they could produce then there would probably be 1000 Matildas in Tier 0. --- No thanks :)

Although its an interesting idea, I doubt it would work unless there was a way to keep things overall balanced somehow.

Cheers!

as a said , money .

I'm not sure what language that is, but I can almost understand some parts of it. I think they might be suggesting that we go back to the old HC run RDP system?

Sorry, that will never happen.

I'm sorry , i made this RIGHT AFTER i woke up , still a little , eh...

Cheers!

There was limits on what you could get, a budget of points in which you had to choose the weapons that would fit into your budget, each weapon was worth X and you could only get to XXX but also had limits that you must have so many of Y vehicles to populate the list evenly. So neither the Axis or Allied were able to populate the whole spawn list with the most powerful weapons.

It did allow to phase out old versions for updated versions, and Tier 0 was not able to be controlled.

I remember that old, player-run RDP-system... it usually went down in the exact same manner every single map. Phase out the crappy stuff ASAP, bring in Tigers and PAK40s.

I also seem to remember that it was causing quite a bit of conflict between the playerbase and HC.

Personally, I can do without this system - especially since we don't have that many options to choose from when it comes to developing new weapons.

With a larger (and wider) tech-tree, this might become an interesting option again. Say you'd have the choice of producing lots of PaK40s or a smaller amount of PaK40-equipped Marders or StuGs... or the choice between a ton of Hetzers or a handful of King Tigers and Jagdpanthers.

But writing this, I realize that maybe this isn't such a good idea. It would put too much power into the hands of HC and would have the potential of pi$$ing off a lot of folks if their favorite toy doesn't get produced that campaign.

S.

I would have liked to been in HC during these days just for the experience of allocating points.

But in the end it's simply a novelty and not something that will improve the game. I prefer to let all the whining about the ToES roll downhill to CRS, not the HCs.

I remember that old, player-run RDP-system... it usually went down in the exact same manner every single map. Phase out the crappy stuff ASAP, bring in Tigers and PAK40s.

I also seem to remember that it was causing quite a bit of conflict between the playerbase and HC.

Personally, I can do without this system - especially since we don't have that many options to choose from when it comes to developing new weapons.

With a larger (and wider) tech-tree, this might become an interesting option again. Say you'd have the choice of producing lots of PaK40s or a smaller amount of PaK40-equipped Marders or StuGs... or the choice between a ton of Hetzers or a handful of King Tigers and Jagdpanthers.

But writing this, I realize that maybe this isn't such a good idea. It would put too much power into the hands of HC and would have the potential of pi$$ing off a lot of folks if their favorite toy doesn't get produced that campaign.

S.

i understand , but I'm saying not WIPED CLEAN , I'm saying is lower the producton rate , or more like it , choose what supply is sent to each brigade , giving meaning to a armor flag am i right

this is a game idea , but also a message to the community

HC is more powerful than it has ever been and yet the game still experiences big imbalances. At some point you guys are going to have to stop sinking more time in to HC and think about how to fill out the main subscriber base again. Not only has this path left you with fewer players you also have worse balance.

Silversoil your suggestion is ironic in particular because average players used to be able to manually resupply units back in the days of town supply. If a leader wanted more effective units than the list CRS gave him then he just got players to drive/fly them forward. If you wanted to min-max and try out a new strategy you just moved stuff. In addition to creating better gameplay it also made for better balance as the exact spawn lists weren't as relevant because the frontline towns would be frontloaded with extra units.

As it is now every unit in the spawn list is critical, there is no realistic way to change it ingame yet there is still massive resistance to any proposed changes. So if you think that you need more LMGs and that bolt-actions are nearly useless then you aren't going to get more LMGs and there is no real way to augment them.

HC hasn't done a good job of satisfying the player base with places to fight using AOs, they can't keep everyone supplied with brigades, so if you give them control over the list composition I'd say that there would be huge problems. The HC's decision would either not be efficient enough and cause a loss, or it would cut out niche gameplay as officers min-maxed their lists like a real-time-strategy game and set everything else to the minimum.

HC hasn't done a good job of satisfying the player base with places to fight using AOs, they can't keep everyone supplied with brigades,

Keeping an active battle supplied is part of the challenge for HC. Just like maneuvering flags around on the map, trying to cut off enemy towns and avoiding to be cut off yourself. Having static "in-town" supplies again would take that component out of the game and remove a way in which to outmaneuver/outfox the opposition.

Have you ever tried HCing, david? If not: You should. If only to see what's involved in running a map. I haven't had the time or nerve to rejoin yet, and it can be quite stressful .. but if an attack works out while you're in charge, it sure is rewarding as the best A2A- or 88-kill I ever scored.. :D

S.

the supply idea sounds cool, researching entire units is too predictable though, i bet axis would replace everything with mg34's and allies would have only Thompsons.

if it was a module based rdp it could balance itself out, for example:

75mm+ = atg, tank gun, arty

40mm bofors = tank guns, aaa

sub-25mm = tankette, aaa, aircraft cannon

same with chassis/airframes, engines, small arms, etc.... (this is my dream game:rolleyes:)

where we can make our own units, like a hetzer with a bofors main cannon, or a stu with a quad ..50.

the Sherman was kind of like this with it's arty cannon and airplane engine.

in my dream game we could make a sherman if the parts have been selected to mass produce then attach them to each other.

back on topic...

for the past year we've had trouble getting even 1 HC on ether side. usually we have volunteers from whoever's online.

there was talk of phasing out or replacing HC with something else, any news on that?

Edited by major0noob

Silversoil your suggestion is ironic in particular because average players used to be able to manually resupply units back in the days of town supply. If a leader wanted more effective units than the list CRS gave him then he just got players to drive/fly them forward. If you wanted to min-max and try out a new strategy you just moved stuff. In addition to creating better gameplay it also made for better balance as the exact spawn lists weren't as relevant because the frontline towns would be frontloaded with extra units.

The ability to resupply still exists, it's just so rarely done it may as well not.

The fundamental flaw in the old RDP system was that both Army and Air had to draw from the same pool of points. That is where all the whining came from. One group would get new toys and the other group would whine. Very simple.

If CRS had simply separated that into two separate point pools they could have easily fixed the problem. Instead they just scrapped it altogether.

The fundamental flaw in the old RDP system was that both Army and Air had to draw from the same pool of points. That is where all the whining came from. One group would get new toys and the other group would whine. Very simple.

If CRS had simply separated that into two separate point pools they could have easily fixed the problem. Instead they just scrapped it altogether.

could we have this in a form of some sort of beta , to see if it works with 2 point pools . thank you for this feedback , and all the others who have left VERY HELPFUL FEEDBACK , i hope i can see more of these replies!