• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
major0noob

Advertising markets

5 posts in this topic

lets let CRS know where we heard the game from, so they can target their ads better...

i was looking for a MMOFPS like star wars battlefront only no bots, H&G was bombing in reviews, and planetside 2 was too big to download. after 3 pages of google and dozens of shovelware previews i bit my lip and started looking at the f2p games... i found a total war battlefield game!

the game was on some list of games with keywords "MMO and FPS".

so the only reason i heard of this game is a google search itch...

ps

if you guys in CRS are reading this please re-label the F2P into demo mode or trial account anything else really, "F2P" in gaming is the festering scum spreading like a cancer in the gaming community.

seeing F2P translates in my mind to micro-transactions/pay to win/pay 4 fun/and straight up gambling.

ps

if you guys in CRS are reading this please re-label the F2P into demo mode or trial account anything else really, "F2P" in gaming is the festering scum spreading like a cancer in the gaming community.

seeing F2P translates in my mind to micro-transactions/pay to win/pay 4 fun/and straight up gambling.

It actually used to be exactly that; a two week trial. The issue is, as much as most of us don't like "micro-transactions/pay to win", it's the only model that works right now, because people no longer have a expectation of paying for something; most people expect something to be "Free".

Unfortunately I can't even think of any major MMO's that work purely off of a pay2play model. EVE Online is kinda like this but it's full of microtransactions itself ($70 monocle lol)

We have no microtransactions, even when you subscribe, you don't get equipment instantly; you still need to rank up to "earn" it. But, ultimately, a F2P type model was inevitable for the game to survive in a modern demographic. The question of course is how the game still pays the bills with such a large f2p playerbase, without overly inconveniencing f2p players.

Edited by Dodger

Pay some YouTubers to have a serious playthrough of this and people will start rolling in like crazy... Hardly anyone in my contacts has any idea what Battleground Europe is.

lets let CRS know where we heard the game from, so they can target their ads better...

i was looking for a MMOFPS like star wars battlefront only no bots, H&G was bombing in reviews, and planetside 2 was too big to download. after 3 pages of google and dozens of shovelware previews i bit my lip and started looking at the f2p games... i found a total war battlefield game!

the game was on some list of games with keywords "MMO and FPS".

so the only reason i heard of this game is a google search itch...

ps

This is a great question !!!!!

Me 10 years ago a friend hijacked me form City of Heros

Pay some YouTubers to have a serious playthrough of this and people will start rolling in like crazy... Hardly anyone in my contacts has any idea what Battleground Europe is.

It wasn't paid but this guy https://www.twitch.tv/lirik streamed Planetside 2 earlier today

PS2 went to the #5 game on Twitch and he had 37k viewers in his channel watching him run around a big fight. It was a good amount of press even though the guy didn't know what he was doing too much; the servers have had a big bump in population. I don't think web ads anywhere can really compete with that especially with so many people using adblockers nowadays.

Of course things can backfire with streamers like the time "AngryJoe" did a PS2 stream years ago and got farmed the entire time. Battleground Europe has so many artificial delays and nonsense that a player has to go through to get to a fight so I don't think a streamer could just join and put out a positive message unless HC were on comms with them providing action.

Edited by david01

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0