silversoil

rapid assault

9 posts in this topic

release it , would be great while server down or just to be more well known , i would love to storm normandy , or whatever you guys had when rapid assault was canceled , but me and many other think it should be released and show what you are capable of becoming in the future!

release it , would be great while server down or just to be more well known , i would love to storm normandy , or whatever you guys had when rapid assault was canceled , but me and many other think it should be released and show what you are capable of becoming in the future!

RA was not built by the current team in any way shape or form, it was a venture of the last one around 2011-2012(ish?) with the objective of making a tactical/grand scale FPS. It obviously didin't work for a number of reasons.

You can see many of the things from RA in the game though, i.e, Americans primarily got added to be added to both WW2OL and RA.

Actually it did work ... in a way most do not remember. The investment funds we secured by creating that demo kept us alive for almost 2 whole years, without which ... we may not have paid our light bill let alone our taxes.

Actually it did work ... in a way most do not remember. The investment funds we secured by creating that demo kept us alive for almost 2 whole years, without which ... we may not have paid our light bill let alone our taxes.

to say that it worked might be a little overzealous. Unless of course your plan all along was to create it with the end goal of keeping you afloat for 2 years.

to say that it worked might be a little overzealous. Unless of course your plan all along was to create it with the end goal of keeping you afloat for 2 years.

That's part of it. The other part was it also let them create the American infantry we have in game. So yes it did work, otherwise we'd all be playing war thunder and heros and generals atm and wishing we still had this game around.

The worst part about RA was the lack of players. Otherwise it was pretty fun.

The worst part about RA was the lack of players. Otherwise it was pretty fun.

I had a lot of fun myself when the Rats organized a few RA days. But like you said, otherwise there was just not enough players.

I liked it, was different enough that it felt like a different game.... but was still familiar enough to be recognized.