tr909

Is this an accepted part of the game?

18 posts in this topic

Extremely low population, no active High Command players on, the other side, with so many more people carve through towns at will and look to encircle and rout entire divisions?

Is this part and parcel of this game?

Edited by tr909

Unfortunately it does happen during low pop times but has been occurring less often of late.

Unfortunately it does happen during low pop times but has been occurring less often of late.

Its being like that the past 3 campaigns exception the one before cause 1 Axis aquade move to allied for a campaign. This is the norm.

population is ebb and flow. If you play long enough you'll see it eventually goes both ways. Its a tolerated evil that's derived from allowing players freedom of choice to play whatever, whenever for whomever they want. Not locking them in to one side or the other.

You can quite easily have equal population on both sides, but you can imagine how people would react to being spawned in to whichever side had a lower pop and not being able to play with buddies

If nothing changes with the cap timers due to population dysfunction,

it will be the END. I seldom play now for this very one reason.

:confused:

All dynamically changing cap timers will do is further penalize the side that's less organized and less efficient.

Also with the way things are now any population-based penalty that's put in to crush low pop axis movement isn't going to last as the allied US prime players are going to get hit with it just as hard or worse. That happened with spawn delay and it's why SD finally got capped.

I'd like to see it put in though just so everyone can see for themselves. US prime time is going to be interesting as the team that's majority tanks and air gets its few infantry slowed down while the side that's usually 80% or more infantry is going to have it's cap timers shortened.

Axis lowpop warriors at their best.

They also exploiting the fact that none gives a **** until the patch is out.

We had some good maps before and after last patch.

Recently though low pop is a problem. People are waiting for 1.35 badly. Does the population still reaches 3 AOs sometimes?

After playing it yesterday it really spoiled me. Don't really wanna go back to lagtown.

Edited by Lob12

Recently though low pop is a problem. People are waiting for 1.35 badly. Does the population still reaches 3 AOs sometimes?

We had 3 AOs when allies won campaigns a few maps ago :rolleyes:

After x years those players still dont get they make everyone log/unsub with the nopop caps.

Nothing is stopping you from not encircling divisions in nopop.

However I've been told this is the only way axis can win these days. As soon as lowpop is balanced allied miraculously win.

Once 1.335 comes we will have a much better feel what kind of things that will need to be tweek. Until then keep coming up with ideas to make the game better. This one about cap timers variable to population has been noted.

We had 3 AOs when allies won campaigns a few maps ago :rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point.

Lowpop circus ftw

*giggles* how soon the Breakfast Club is forgotten... There was a time, when 2 players and an Opel could cap half the map.

Double or triple the amount of AOs available during high pop.

Abnormal that the too few that can play when high pop sleeps can dictate 85% of the wins.

Ciney 11/05/2016 (Tz3)

26 Allies online

bluebottle

darthmarty

erasmo

glenbeck

gromet

gundun

halfsite

jaris

kelly52

kenq

luz9cia

m1g

marcin1983

maxq

mazer1966

morgsy

ngstaylor

phobik

sesam

skipa

themouse

tr909

trinquon

vstrider

wildcat382

yoav

23 Axis online

akkran250h

cannontow

carvo

coilatow

crassus6

drloo

fescar

gorgrunt

hastien

hessu

marcion

mutan12

nwo

pattio

pulasky250

raydr

sascha

streetbob

sydspain

tman

vandolas

wilco

zapo

How this population of +20 vs +20 become a +20 vs 2 it's a mystery for me...

Edited by sydspain

Ciney 11/05/2016 (Tz3)

26 Allies online

bluebottle

darthmarty

erasmo

glenbeck

gromet

gundun

halfsite

jaris

kelly52

kenq

luz9cia

m1g

marcin1983

maxq

mazer1966

morgsy

ngstaylor

phobik

sesam

skipa

themouse

tr909

trinquon

vstrider

wildcat382

yoav

23 Axis online

akkran250h

cannontow

carvo

coilatow

crassus6

drloo

fescar

gorgrunt

hastien

hessu

marcion

mutan12

nwo

pattio

pulasky250

raydr

sascha

streetbob

sydspain

tman

vandolas

wilco

zapo

How this population of +20 vs +20 become a +20 vs 2 it's a mystery for me...

Interesting you reference the unsuccessful Ciney attack. As that was a really odd battle, Allies had immediate momentum, took both spawns and the AB, bouncing the Axis bdes. Axis were holding on well at the south CP and had dFRUs out to the south of town.

Suddenly, and I mean suddenly, Allies went from 10-15 in town to 6 online. Allied numbers literally evaporated in the blink of an eye. Axis took advantage and their determined defence paid dividends.

When the Axis are winning during a period when not many players ar eon, Lob12 cries "low pop" foul.

When the Axis are underpop and the allies are rolling the map, he cries, "axis whiners have no game."

Why always the anti-axis bias? I think you're wrong on this, Lob12.

I've let my allied bias go, so it can be done. I'm living proof.

It has nothing to do with whose side anyone is on... it's just who is on, period.

When one side has the numbers, they usually get the job(s) done.

The way this game goes is just like this: One side starts winning, the other side tries to counter and get momentum back. Eventually, the momentum is lost and the roll usually goes on, as many players find reasons not to play.

Currently, my squad is off playing H1Z1 and not missing WWIIOL. Maybe with 1.35 they'll be back.