• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
stump

Seriously, now?

40 posts in this topic

Is this game a project to see how bad a game can be run?

Why wouldn't the "open beta" (which, BY THE WAY, is something the paying customers should not be forced to test) be during the weekday. Is this game just passive income for what's left of CRS, and therefore its only worked on the weekends and after business hours? I'm thoroughly confused why any game studio that has a subscription-based model would restrict access to their game during peak population times (the weekend).

Because they are busting there butts to get this 1.35 up and running ASAP and to do that they need big population on it to make sure they have it ready hence the weekend test.

Or we could wait longer with the lag and offset etc etc.

Me I want 1.35 ASAP so if we need to test it for weekend or so then let's do it, have some fun and be part of the future of wwiionline as it goes forth.

Because they are busting there butts to get this 1.35 up and running ASAP and to do that they need big population on it to make sure they have it ready hence the weekend test.

Me I want 1.35 ASAP so if we need to test it for weekend or so then let's do it, have some fun and be part of the future of wwiionline as it goes forth.

This x 1000

Sometimes individual sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.

Chairman Mao told me that.

And besides "soon", how much longer until this patch is out? I don't know that I've ever seen a game take this long for a patch with the sole purpose of increasing stability/performance. Be like Cloud Imperium Games and tell the playerbase that's keeping the game alive the exact progress of the patch. Not "soon", not "progress is going well", have actual project parameters and let us know.

I agree.

CRS has no clue.

The weekend is a time we get our fun on.

Do the test but don't punish the player base.

~xix

Sometimes individual sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.

Chairman Mao told me that.

You wanna a egg a role with the fireda rice?

~xix

Agreed.

So you think the lag is a game thing?

Check your internet connections.....

~ xix

And besides "soon", how much longer until this patch is out? I don't know that I've ever seen a game take this long for a patch with the sole purpose of increasing stability/performance. Be like Cloud Imperium Games and tell the playerbase that's keeping the game alive the exact progress of the patch. Not "soon", not "progress is going well", have actual project parameters and let us know.

They were aiming for a late spring release. Still on schedule atm

Come to the forums for other reasons than whining and you'll see the information

is this game a project to see how bad a game can be run?

Why wouldn't the "open beta" (which, by the way, is something the paying customers should not be forced to test) be during the weekday. Is this game just passive income for what's left of crs, and therefore its only worked on the weekends and after business hours? I'm thoroughly confused why any game studio that has a subscription-based model would restrict access to their game during peak population times (the weekend).

i wanna play the game..... Shess.... How can i get my fix if they doing this testing.........xix

So you think the lag is a game thing?

Check your internet connections.....

~ xix

Yes lag is due to ones internet connection, personally lag is not a big issue for me, but the last 14 years of code being overlapped with fixes and patches has probably caused some game lag issues as well as ones internet connection.

If want your weekend fix then log in the beta and get it, the more the merrier, so let's get as many as we can in game and just have fun with no campaign pressure, you know kill and cap etc etc.

Do you remember all of the CTDs we've experienced every open test? All of our internal testing didn't find any of those. This isn't because of poor management on our part; it's because our internal testing team is a few players who have volunteered. Calling for more people for planned tests doesn't net much of a turnout, and even if it did then we'd have to reserve it for intermission lest one side start losing ground because more Axis players decided to help test or vice versa (much like we have up until now).

So that leaves us back at testing during intermissions only, which means one test every month or so. The CTD fixes for this last campaign are all done — every single log I got my hands on, plus the speedtree stuff finally got dealt with — so 1.35 development is on hold until this large-scale test gets down. If we wait until the intermission, we're talking about progress effectively halting for a month until the campaign ends: That's one more month of 1.34. If any bugs pop up during the test then add yet another month to that, and maybe even more afterward depending on how things go.

Or we can have this test as soon as possible, and even if we need a few more we can still hopefully have 1.35 deployed in a month or two — maybe even when this very campaign ends if we're lucky.

Yes lag is due to ones internet connection, personally lag is not a big issue for me, but the last 14 years of code being overlapped with fixes and patches has probably caused some game lag issues as well as ones internet connection.

If want your weekend fix then log in the beta and get it, the more the merrier, so let's get as many as we can in game and just have fun with no campaign pressure, you know kill and cap etc etc.

I don't have a lag issue~

xix

is this game a project to see how bad a game can be run?

Why wouldn't the "open beta" (which, by the way, is something the paying customers should not be forced to test) be during the weekday. Is this game just passive income for what's left of crs, and therefore its only worked on the weekends and after business hours? I'm thoroughly confused why any game studio that has a subscription-based model would restrict access to their game during peak population times (the weekend).

i agree, the weekend? For some testing?

~xix

So, if i get it right: i connect, redirected to a web page telling me i might have not payed my subscribtion. So i manage my way to this page, where i learn server is down for beta testing. So, i log on beta, which cant run, because of an error 61 (anybody who knows what it is, please let me know)... I more and more understand the people reconsidering their subs...

Stop wasting valuable time explaining to these ingrates that this testing is important.

All of our internal testing didn't find any of those. This isn't because of poor management on our part; it's because our internal testing team is a few players who have volunteered. Calling for more people for planned tests doesn't net much of a turnout, and even if it did then we'd have to reserve it for intermission lest one side start losing ground because more Axis players decided to help test or vice versa (much like we have up until now).

Are you testing the beta using "hard" spawns?

Spawns in this game are incredibly fragile, you can't get the required intensity because spawns are killed too quickly and it takes too long to put them back up. The depots are hard spawns but they have limited supplies and are easily camped by tanks.

I remember years ago Company0 or someone organized an infantry-only battle in the Zees, basically there was unlimited supplies, the attacker got a depot(which would be flipped back by GMs if it ever got captured) and of course the defender was there. Navy units and so there was aircraft and a DD or two there were no tanks(this is huge). There was a massive amount of infantry fighting and killing and mortaring and overall stress on the server.

CRS thought that 1.34 was okay but once this happened the server was crashing every 20 minutes due to the activity. It was a big change from the usual campaign server which is a few kills per minute with long lulls in between, and maybe 15-30 at the end stages of a camped town.

Stop wasting valuable time explaining to these ingrates that this testing is important.

Testing is important but the Auth servers need to be at least online for users to come test. They have been offline 3 hours so far...

Edited by Kempi