• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
stump

Seriously, now?

40 posts in this topic

Lots of good fighting in the beta. It beats fighting in Lagtown. I have yet to rage-log from the beta as I often do in 1.34. Let the beta test continue.

Sometimes individual sacrifices have to be made for the greater good.

Chairman Mao told me that.

I think DOC said it first.

Lots of good fighting in the beta. It beats fighting in Lagtown. I have yet to rage-log from the beta as I often do in 1.34. Let the beta test continue.

If it is better then the current game experience, why not implement what they have into the game now?

If it is better then the current game experience, why not implement what they have into the game now?

Because it has to work when it goes live. It has to be tested under as near normal game conditions as possible to make as sure as possible that it will work.

For instance, in closed testing the auth server never gave any indication of anything being wrong. In the open beta the auth server crashed constantly which lead the devs to be able to ID the problem for a fix.

These steps are critical to releasing a stable/playable game update.

So, the prob with the Auth server will be addressed. Any other bugs found will be addressed and tested fully in closed testing.

Then there will most likely be 1 more open beta to test that nothing else crops up unexpectedly. And then, if all goes well, 1.35 will go live.

Hope they (CRS) also have the Cap timers/S.C./Population issue also in this release.

Its a game changer for me.

:mad:

Whiny whiners.

Look, this game depends on the playerbase for EVERYTHING.

I'm glad to be a part of testing if it means 1.35 will drop sooner rather than later.

From what I saw even in the first open beta test, it's gonna be good.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough to remember when this game had a whole bunch of players, big squads getting multiple large operations done and just great fighting, but I have, and remember it well.

Then the patches hit and offset lag showed up... people left the game en masse.

Not saying your opinion isn't valid, it is... but what is the big problem with helping test open beta?

I've played lots of games like ahem... DayZ... that never made it to alpha. Still had fun, even with numerous character wipes. Paid for all of them, too.

At least we don't have character wipes!

Sure, you're a paying customer... you deserve getting what you pay for, right?

That doesn't mean you won't have to deal with some inconvenience here and there.

So they open beta tested two times during intermissions recently and channeled everyone into that for what... 48 hours at a time?

Out of 168 hours a week?

8736 hours in a year?

Small price to pay.

Do you complain to McDonald's when they short you a few french fries, too?

There are videos of me freaking out because of this all over the internet!

Whiny whiners.

Look, this game depends on the playerbase for EVERYTHING.

I'm glad to be a part of testing if it means 1.35 will drop sooner rather than later.

From what I saw even in the first open beta test, it's gonna be good.

Maybe you haven't been around long enough to remember when this game had a whole bunch of players, big squads getting multiple large operations done and just great fighting, but I have, and remember it well.

Then the patches hit and offset lag showed up... people left the game en masse.

Not saying your opinion isn't valid, it is... but what is the big problem with helping test open beta?

I've played lots of games like ahem... DayZ... that never made it to alpha. Still had fun, even with numerous character wipes. Paid for all of them, too.

At least we don't have character wipes!

Sure, you're a paying customer... you deserve getting what you pay for, right?

That doesn't mean you won't have to deal with some inconvenience here and there.

So they open beta tested two times during intermissions recently and channeled everyone into that for what... 48 hours at a time?

Out of 168 hours a week?

8736 hours in a year?

Small price to pay.

Been playing on and off since 2010. There isn't one big problem with any single item discussed in your post. However, going back to the initial, mostly-rhetorical-yet-actually-not question I posted with. It just seems like another bad decision. The same testing could have been done on a weekday night around peak times, allowing for a good amount of players (more dedicated at that), while leaving no inconvenience to the weekend warriors and new greentags wanting to try the game out on the weekends.

That's when I see the most new players, the weekends. It's probably not a good idea to subject them to this testing when they're just trying to log in and figure things out.

The same testing could have been done on a weekday night around peak times, allowing for a good amount of players (more dedicated at that), while leaving no inconvenience to the weekend warriors and new greentags wanting to try the game out on the weekends.

We tried it, it didn't work: With our current numbers, it's either we have everyone on the server or we get a tiny handful of volunteers (which, as I've noted, has consistently failed to reveal the bugs that these large tests have).

We tried it, it didn't work: With our current numbers, it's either we have everyone on the server or we get a tiny handful of volunteers (which, as I've noted, has consistently failed to reveal the bugs that these large tests have).

Fair enough.

The same testing could have been done on a weekday night around peak times, allowing for a good amount of players (more dedicated at that), while leaving no inconvenience to the weekend warriors and new greentags wanting to try the game out on the weekends.

That's when I see the most new players, the weekends. It's probably not a good idea to subject them to this testing when they're just trying to log in and figure things out.

With what... a third of the playerbase? That won't seriously test the beta version or the servers.

Sure, CRS has made some wonky decisions, but this one, I think... is sound.

:)

I don't mind testing out beta; in fact, the first go-round was a blast -no offset lag, instant deaths... good stuff and encouraging.

In fact, a lot of guys who had left because of the offset lag came back to test beta.

Lob... I'd LOVE to see you freaking out over a french fry short. hahaha