OHM

Experience on Beta?

18 posts in this topic

just tried to get in. "denied" "nein" "nuh uhhhhhhhhh"

whens game or 135 gonna be up and playable?

Very stable, faster load times, and better FPS everywhere except big cities.

In 1.34 it takes me up to 60sec to load into the game when switching missions, today it took ~5! Loading the game from start-up (from 'enter' in PlayGate to selecting a side) was also noticeably much faster.

I normally play with 8-12FPS (yes, it's past time for a new rig!), but today I was getting low 30's a lot of the time with the occasional dip into the mid-teens. Which was a lot more playable.

I usually get the the offset-bug pretty bad but today I didn't see any instances of it! Also, enemy units didn't skate or warp at all, it was a real pleasure shooting them! :)

I played off-and-on for ~3 hours and didn't have single problem. Release it already!

Played for a few hours, ground and one MC air mission, no issues at all.

Loading was quick tough I still had the north to south spawn in loading delay, about 30 - 45 secs, experienced no lag delay when shooting someone, infantry or armour, as well as no offset issues. multi crew went great with both myself and skunkmilk until I flopped my 110fb into the turf trying to avoid an ea.

Downloaded full install, installed beta, then logged in, all this took a total of 8 mins. Went very smooth.

Only hiccup was after downloading full install Norton flagged it as unknown so I just had to click the "trust" icon and all was good. Not a big issue for me.

Really looking forward to getting 1.35 live in the campaign situation. :cool:

think i was one of the only guys still lagging, in the first beta guys went down instantly and the guys killing me always rendered. back to trading kills.

never had ctd, did all the stuff that used to ctd.

watching tanks fight & aaa fire, every round hit the tanks, not 100m ahead like usual.

marks were visible on same town attack or defense.

i think you should ask the air guys about their lag, offset, and marks, they'll have the best POV on these things. also they overpoped the ground game for 1/2 the beta.

No crashes this time, so other than Auth server being down was excellent.

Only issue was mac waypoints not working, and not even working as well as 1.34.

Hello All.

My experience with the current beta is "nill" as the authentication server is not responding so I am unable to log on and see.

My experience previous beta was OK but there wasn't all that much action to get any feel. Something I did notice is that the "Game Info" display no longer shows the current Ping or Data I/O displays. I found both of those in-game diagnostic displays useful as a starting point to trace issues. I do hope they will be restored in the production release.

Cheers

James10

The only hiccup was in infantry movement. I could not go directly from a sprint to a stop by pressing the 'walk in reverse' key. I can do this in 1.34. In 1.35 Beta I had to go from sprint to walk before I could stop by hitting the reverse key.

I hope this gets addressed so movement functionalilty is the same as 1.34.

Edited by Granit

A big improvement comparing it to 1.34. Very smooth and awesome inf fights. Multicrew also working very well. Did not see any warping/laggy inf, tanks or atg/aa guns either(as exist in 1.34).

A lot less CTDS, had one and reported it with log file in a support ticket.

Keep up the gj!

I had no issues at all really, except one oddity which turns out, Nkelly also had. When flying a 190 and also possibly also in a 109f4 (I can't remember if it was in the 109f4), I noticed these weird black lines that seemed to seperate the terrain, it was quite obvious as it was showing on top of the low clouds. May be due to the low cloud from the rain. I didn't really pay much attention to it until Ned mentioned it afterwards. If beta is still accessible, I might pop up again to have another look if required.

Today I'm first time jumped to gameworld and ineffective tryed to find any difference with 1.34

- Same gameworld and terrain.

- Same sounds.

- Same granade throw system.

- Same ugly explosions.

- Same ridicules stamina mechanic, when persona forced to lie without movement after run untill it restore.

- Same structures around and textures on its.

Nothing new. I well remember list of dozen items of your 'our art and animation maker staff'. Depend on it I'm expected a bit more after 1.5-2 year of work.

And Of course, '... we woking hard', '... we supporting and fixing 3 millions lines of uncommented code'.

As I said I entering gameworld and saw all the same.

During period when I waited your 'masterpiece', I have time to discover and play 270 hours in 'Red Orchestra 2' and 190 hours in 'Squad'. Thank you. In other case, if your 'masterpice' can be a bit better, I could missed those two listed above and never open it's.

As I said look on 'Squad' project. Yesterday those guys made a mod for 'Battlefield 2' called 'Project reality'. And in a year or so they made new game looking modern and pretty. Same 'small team of ex-moders and enthusiasts' like you and your volunteers.

In 2006 (when I subed) 'WWII OL BGE' looked like old fashioned **** 'made in 2001'.

In 2012 it looked like 'made in 2006'.

In 2016 it is looks the same like in 2012. You are always overtaking.

Are you seriously gonna sell this 'piece of code' with 'picture from 2005' before player in Steam for money. Animation and graphics like current ?

Today I'm first time jumped to gameworld

beta has been over for 2 days now :rolleyes:

Eh boi

Sharpest pen in the box, nope.

Edited by Lob12

beta has been over for 2 days now :rolleyes:

Eh boi

Sharpest pen in the box, nope.

So I'm downloaded 1.35.0.14 client - run it, choose '1.35 beta' (lighted green) server and after all played 1.34 ?

So far, so good. Increase of FPS for me was considerable. And yes, infantry game seems a lot smoother.

Though some sliding corpses spoil the picture a little bit .

So I'm downloaded 1.35.0.14 client - run it, choose '1.35 beta' (lighted green) server and after all played 1.34 ?

Oh well my bad. Thought it was down now.

But you're looking for the wrong stuff. There was no graphic changes, no audio changes scheduled etc.

This patch is about bringing better stability and the stress test this weekend showed that its much, much better than the current version. So complaining about the game not being "better looking" is kinda beside the point here...

You cant notice the amelioration if you're nearly alone on the beta server at the moment, but the combat is really more fluid and less buggy.

Is this game really outdated on some points? Sure, but its also part of its charm.

And don't compare it to modding modern games where the developpers actually thought about the modding community when they make the game and gave them tools etc. WW2ONL is an old game and it took time to the new team just to learn the code.