• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
imded

Resupply from CP/DEPOT, FBs and ABs

36 posts in this topic

At present you can be resupplied from TRUCKs and FRUs.

Why cant a DEPOT, BARRACKS and GARRAGES give you supplies?

You spawn from these places, so they must hold supplies for your KIT.

I think you should be able to get resupplied from these places, lets say

within 3 meters of these buildings/tents. The same distance from a FRU.

That's my story and I am sticking with it.

:)

2 people like this

Yeah.. at least depots should be able to do the job. Enter the spawn building and get resupplied like you would from a truck. Just like boats get resupplied from the docks.

I suppose it's a coding-issue, since the current re-arm code that we have was sort of "hacked" into the game by the devs (IIRC).

I for one am glad we can get ammo in the field at all. Back in the old days, when you were out, you were out.. :)

I support resupply from depots and FBs. In ABs is maybe needed separate building for this - ammunition depot/dump.

Edited by lemkeh

I support resupply from depots and FBs. In ABs is maybe needed separate building for this - ammunition depot/dump.

Why a separate building?

Resupply from depots and ABs in towns that your side owns on defense might be ok.

I don't think there should be resupply from depots that are caputured on attacks. Not until the whole town is captured.

1 person likes this

Resupply from depots and ABs in towns that your side owns on defense might be ok.

I don't think there should be resupply from depots that are caputured on attacks. Not until the whole town is captured.

Thanks for bringing that up. Good point.

I don't think ABs require a separate building. There is usually some kind of supply dump (green boxes) inside that could be used or added. I'm kind of ambivalent about whether captured depots should resupply offenses. I would lean towards yes as that creates a stronger hold and footprint for attackers. The way I would rationalize it would be to imagine ammo bearers and front line support staff moving into the captured facility. Possibly a delay of resupply when a facility is captured, something like 3-7 minutes. That way an attacker has to hold the building for a while before they could resupply. This delay would apply to defenders recaptures when it comes to resupply.

You could get creative and cut resupply in half or even down to one quarter if the depot has been bombed out/destroyed. Going back to ABs, I think you would have to have a very tight rearm radius around the boxes so that units have to move very close to their proximity to resupply and eventually add the damage model to the ammo dump supply in the ABs so they can be affected by limited resupply if damaged.

Of course nothing stops players from placing an FRU/MSP within the ABs to help with resupply but I think a static resupply at depots and ABs makes a lot of sense and would add to immersion.

Depots on the other hand could improve their tactical content by eventually moving them just out of line of sight of the CP they are associated with. I would say you should have to reenter a depot in order to resupply. Also, allowing armor to place a part of their vehicle within the garage to resupply.

FBs I would say could be simply made to resupply when next to the tents. It would be nice for them all to have ammo dumps with the same above dynamics described in ABs.

Well as you can see I like the idea.

Edited by stonecomet

I support AB bunkers, AB garages, Depot, and even FBs for unit ammo resupply.

However, at the same time, I agree with stonecomet that these sites can be damaged or even contain exploding ammo dump [objects] to either disable the ammo resupply ability -- or possibly decrease a spawning unit's available ammo by a percentage [-10%, -25%, etc.].

And perhaps they can auto-rebuild later or be repaired [via another towns ammo supply ?].

just my dirty little ho

;-)

Edited by vonguff

IMO, a separate building(s) mainly to be the object/target for sabotage or bombing raid. This might slightly change scenarios of capturing another AB. Diversification even in small details it would be good for the game. Though i understand, that current ABs are too small.

I think that this idea makes sense for defenders. If you owna town, you should AT LEAST be able to resupply at the AB, AF and the Docks.

But we need a resupply in the field that is not just the MSP. We really need a way for a unit to place a resupply only PPO.

I LOVE the idea of having a resupply depot as a target for bombers or engineers.

Edited by Quincannon

I think that this idea makes sense for defenders. If you owna town, you should AT LEAST be able to resupply at the AB, AF and the Docks.

But we need a resupply in the field that is not just the MSP. We really need a way for a unit to place a resupply only PPO.

I LOVE the idea of having a resupply depot as a target for bombers or engineers.

Disagree. The attacker is bringing his supply in the form of an

MSP/FRU and a TRUCK <this supplies too, plus its mobile.

Whereas your idea would make it stationary. Battles are fluid.

We don't need another structure to give supply from.

:cool:

IMO, a separate building(s) mainly to be the object/target for sabotage or bombing raid. This might slightly change scenarios of capturing another AB. Diversification even in small details it would be good for the game. Though i understand, that current ABs are too small.

I agree with separate location.

Ammo and fuel was kept separate for safety.

AB's are not too small they cannot be put somewhere, but will likely require manual placement.

OFF HAND, for the interm, make the Inf Barracks the supply point?

I did not mean that they are small, that is no place where to put the new building. However, they are relatively small, to be normal targets for big bombing raids. imho.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:05 AM, lemkeh said:

I did not mean that they are small, that is no place where to put the new building. However, they are relatively small, to be normal targets for big bombing raids. imho.

Maybe a something like and ATG earthen bunker. Just looks different sorta.

idk about this, think no.

Like the requirement of needing a truck for something.

Also, use the FMS, UMS and AMC. (and riflemen)

Not sure I want free ammo for everyone all the time everywhere.  I say no.

This needs careful consideration. One immediate result for both AB and CP resupply, even if only for the defenders, is that one can thereafter expect a rain of continuous mortar-fire from AB's and CP's within range, on any captured CP or along the line in from an FMS. As it stands, whilst it's true that the attackers can put down a high volume of mortar fire from the FMS, it also betrays the position of same, and in any case is unlikely to be within raage of a worthwhile target.

It all comes down to. These locations have supply, because they can spawn things in it with the proper supply kit.

Sooo, why cant they RE-supply?

1 person likes this

I support resupply by ab's and cp's.

In the ab the full tanks should resupply the fuel.  If destroyed , no more fuel.  This is generally not a big deal.  There should be permanent ammo resupply boxes on the first floor of each barrack and on the top floor of the bunker.

In the cp their should be a permanent ammo resupply box on the top floor.

The ab/cp resupply only work if you have a flag in the town.

I also support the ability of ht's to tow damaged vehicles back to the ab vehicle spawn for repair - 1 to 5 minutes depending on level of damage.

Edited by GrAnit
1 person likes this

On 5/20/2016 at 1:07 AM, vonguff said:

I support AB bunkers, AB garages, Depot, and even FBs for unit ammo resupply.

However, at the same time, I agree with stonecomet that these sites can be damaged or even contain exploding ammo dump [objects] to either disable the ammo resupply ability -- or possibly decrease a spawning unit's available ammo by a percentage [-10%, -25%, etc.].

And perhaps they can auto-rebuild later or be repaired [via another towns ammo supply ?].

just my dirty little ho

;-)

Does anyone remember how in SVGA Airwarrior, you sometimes had to spawn with less than full ammo or fuel if your supply bases were damaged?  This makes sense to me as blowing up an enemy's ammo dump was a legit tactic in WWII

1 person likes this

Still No.

I don't want unlimited ammo to every unit everywhere I go.

Use the FMS, UMS, truck, amc or rifle.

Sheesh- why you all need so much ammo?  I rarely if ever run out of ammo.

Currently I would limit resupplying of ammunition to the army base and to the railway station.
The army base seems logical place to certain pile of ammo, almost all calibers, excluding for aviation  (Small arms ammo might be a little more widespread, i don't see big problem with FBs).
And the railway stations needs some value. Maybe is possible to put near the station some wagons, where you can resupply some ammo (if you are under same flag as wagons) and which would also be targets to flyboys.

And at same time i guess, in the game needs to stay a heroic job like replenishing of ammo in the field. On trucks, cars or motorcycles..

Edited by lemkeh

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, delems said:

idk about this, think no.

Like the requirement of needing a truck for something.

Also, use the FMS, UMS and AMC. (and riflemen)

Not sure I want free ammo for everyone all the time everywhere.  I say no.

The defender would have to drive/walk/push to the place to get a refill. IE: would have to go back to the AB. to get a refill.

Make them drive back to the spawn and have the spawn the resupply, Ab veh spawn and the FB veh spawn, this way a tank can't camp next to a supply point with infinite ammo.