fbucker

Lower the rank requirements for airplanes

11 posts in this topic

I suggest that we should lower the rank requirements for the airplanes to give new pilots a better change to fight and eventually increase the number of pilots in the air.

Currently tier 0 is good for new pilots, but after that it gets too hard, because of the rank requirements for the better planes. With current points system and pilot numbers it is really hard and frustrating for a new pilot to get even to rank 3.

My suggestion for new plane rank requirements is:

Rank 0: Hurri I, 109 E1, Hawk 75, Stuka, blenheim

Rank 1: Hurri IIb, 110,

Rank 2: Spit I, Spit IIb, 109 E4, 109 F2, Hawk 81, D-520, He 111, Havoc, DB-7, 110 FB, Hurri IIc, Bell

Rank 3: Rest of the planes.

So faster access to more combatible planes in higher tiers, and all planes at rank 3.

Could we test this as soon as possible for campaign or two. If possible immediately. We have discussed this at the hangar forum, and it got more or less good response from the pilots. At the moment I think it is more important to get more pilots in the air than to worry about supply.

Give some toys to the new flyers!

Edited by fbucker

I agree! i spend like a afternoon for getting... 19% experience with my hawk...

I agree, but would also like to remind CRS that the point system for air still stinks and is just idiotic.

It would be good to more some points for hits as well as kills. When the opposing pilots can ram you mid air and make you get a KIA, or nose dive into the ground to rob you of a kill... and if you are bombing from a distance too far to render and subsequently being robbed of points for kills that way, AND the HE model is whacked beyond belief... there needs to be some compensation for scoring.

If you can drop a 250kg bomb within 2M on any side of a tank, and not even hurt it... there's a problem.

I think low ranks in Low tiers should have access to bombers to level on bombing runs at least.

hear hear!

I usually play ground-pounder and am still tier 0 in air, so this would be f-i-n-e by me (heh). To be fair and as a nod, lower the rank requirements of our ground forces for ze fly boyz.

just my dirty little ho

;-)

considering I have been piloting for oh, I don't know 11 years and still only have enough rank on both sides to just make missions, I am in agreement with this! points are just far to hard to come by in the air.

Somehow the company doesn't believe that a bunch of F2P players filling the skies with bait bombers(what blens and stukas are) would be a good thing for the game.

Somehow the company doesn't believe that a bunch of F2P players filling the skies with bait bombers(what blens and stukas are) would be a good thing for the game.

Well, FTP people shouldn't be able to take those out for a spin unless it's a promotional thing, like on intermission.

i think their either needs to be an increase in the xp amounts or additional ways of gaining xp, and the rank requirements should be lower on the lmg and sapper class. ive been playing for over a week and in all the hours ive put in to it, it wasnt until a few days ago that i finally got to rank two. its crazy difficult to get points especially when you die as many times and as often as i do

there are "sneaky" less honourable ways to accrue points but I won't go there.

:)

I think I agree some with the need for easier access to better planes for free accounts.

Allowing them access to any of the planes that carry bombs I think is a potentially good idea (if they don't already).

I had some time a few years ago when hotrod was just getting into flying and I spent a lot of time then learning to fly in game as something to keep my interest up (there's alway something to work on in this game).. HR got better...I didn't though.

lol

However, I will say that having that learning challenge didn't put me off flying...and when I got access to all tiers, it was a pretty satisfying feeling. And I did feel like..."hell ya...I fought hard and made it..." being a LTAP.

If things are too easy....well....what's the point.

Still unlike, let's say getting access to the top tier tank, gaining rank enough in planes is a bit more of a challenge than that for new players.

There...so I am squarely in the middle on this.

:)