• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
shallow2

Playgate.exe is not a valid Win32 application

16 posts in this topic

I downloaded the new 1.35 and am getting "...Playgate is not a valid Win32 application" popup when attempting to run it. I also get this message when attempting to run WW2.exe. All the files in the folder have timestamps of 5/17/2016.

I tried the patch first. Got the same error. Next, I uninstalled the pre-beta version and did the full installation. I continue getting the popup message.

I did not play the beta. The old version of the game was working fine on this computer some weeks ago. This is a Windows XP system.

Any ideas?

The same thing happens to me when install and launch the game.

I have Win XP Professional Service Pack 3.

The anterior version runs perfectly.

I download wwiiol_1.35.1.255.exe (full installation for PC) and I made a clean reinstallation.

In addition to complete the installation and launch the game appear CreateProcess fail, Code 193.

This is an issue with Windows XP we're running into that we thought we had solved for but apparently not. We're going to try and get a fix out ASAP so you can get back in the game.

This is an issue with Windows XP we're running into that we thought we had solved for but apparently not. We're going to try and get a fix out ASAP so you can get back in the game.

Fodhron is saying something different in the other thread. Is this being worked on or not ?

Yes Windows XP is going to be a thorn in our side. We noticed the issue and thought we had it corrected. We are looking into it but in all reality sooner rather then later we will have to drop support for it as it will end up taking too much development time away from improving the game and adding content to keep it running on windows xp.

There is no ETA for a Windows XP fix for the game as Microsoft does not support XP as of April 2014.

There is no ETA for a Windows XP fix for the game as Microsoft does not support XP as of April 2014.

It is amazing to me when people quote something when all some people can afford at this time is what they have. They say, update and you'll be fine, however they only take consideration to what helps them and not the person with only limited opinions. A person can tell anyone what might work or what might help, however taking care of a person is a greater responsibility and undertaking when it come to the reality of life and what you do with yourself.

The same can be said about the Rat crew, limited, tight budget, asking for help, community support, fundraising, sound very similar to a gamer still using XP, that was working fine, has been working fine on all other gaming platforms being played.

I run my own business and if a person still used a land line, has no voice main and I can't leave a message, I call back and make sure I am doing everything I can to communicate with everyone at all times, I mean it my business

Yeah I run XP, yeah just spent 3k+ on new rig, however XP is a very solid platform.

and that's all I have to say about that

Forrest Gump

And Microsoft hasnt supported it in 2 years.

Dont be a stubborn old crow, just update.

You are asking for trouble using an older OS with no security updates which makes you vulnerable.

Well might as well un-sub then :( PC been working great since 2003 , would get 29-45 fps

no problems. Also no sercurity problems cause hackers anit going to attack a old system.

So the XP users are not going to see a fix for the game? I just need to know so I can either un-sub or wait for a fix. Affording a new/used computer right now is just not within my budget.

(edit)

It's says I'm FTP but I'm paying 4.99 for starter access.

Edited by b1p0l4r

IMO, until minimum requirements allow XP users to play the game, i guess all hope is not lost.

MINIMUM

Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.

Mac OS X 10.9

Processor: Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or Athlon 64 3500+ (2.2 GHz) or better with SSE 2.0 support

Memory: 4GB

Hard Drive: 3 GB Free

Sound: on-board or better

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 series or ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro

Broadband Internet Connection

We want to support XP but the problem is getting the right stuff from Microsoft to make the game work is next to impossible.

We have know idea how long it will take if we even can.

Same bug here. I keep running XP so I can continue to run my old CH Products joysticks, pedals, and yoke. They are all the old gameport plugs and the PCI sound card with that port has no Windows 7+ drivers. I am a day one player - not saying I am leaving if this does not get resolved but I am crossing my fingers that CRS can get a answer out of Microsoft to fix this bug.