• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
gnpatton

What's the story on CRS / WWIIOL resurrection?

51 posts in this topic

haha I never lived in Bend =)

Currently in San Francisco working at a mobile game company.

BTW hi ammodog!

I work in SF too!

I remember you!

You doing work for Zynga? :P

I know that's not the only one.

bro, don't put me on blast like that.

Wellllllll Gn, whaddya say?

I feel I need to quote adams family here with a "jaaaaarp" :)

and you know Jarp, this is what your post reads like to everyone else "jaaaaaaarp" so tone it down a bit ;D

"JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP"

Hi all,

Day 0 player here. I dropped out for a while back in 2012. I always thought that CRS was dying a slow death since major updates stopped for a long time.

Now we have this big marketing push, new updates, new devs and new leadership. So what happened?

I'm super curious because I used to follow CRS very closely. Did KILLER sell CRS? Who bought it?

Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

Glad to see another Day 0 (or as I call it, D-Day Subber) in the forums!

S!

[Edit - WOW, many D-Day Subbers on this thread!! SSS!!!!]

Edited by chef423

haha I never lived in Bend =)

Currently in San Francisco working at a mobile game company.

BTW hi ammodog!

Sorry about that. There was a Gen Patton here that lived in Bend whos dad owned a Brewery. I got him tickets to E3 for my biz and he met the Rats. I thought you were the same guy.

I had dropped off for a while with the arrival of my little girl......... slowly getting some time to get back online. As soon as our finances get back onto a more even keel I will resuming my Hero Builder account. Amazing game, brilliant community, would hate to see it fade away. My hat is off to all involved in keeping this Gem of a game going.

Regards Cannonfdr

Edited by cannonfdr

I love the game and the community. Dropped out for a couple of years but as far as I am concerned I will continue to sub until I either can't or I don't need to anymore.

The team and the community are working together to make this thing work and, for the record, you have my 100% support.

who said Crowdfunding can't take it amazing places?

consider the tens of millions raised by Star Citizen

WWIIOL 2.0

I have a mostly written synopsis of what ww2ol 2.0 might be like. you raise a good point though ...

one thing star citizen did extremely well was paint the picture. that mental picture and the early tech demos inspired folks to fork over millions. the wing commander pedigree didn't hurt either.

this game world can paint a similar picture. this game's continued existence, along with all the lessons learned, is a valuable pedigree if worded correctly.

when was the last time we saw a grand vision though? do understand, not faulting the current team here they're busy not only surviving but putting out new content too!

but, if you're looking to scare up big crowd funded jack you need to paint a grand picture. where are we going? how are we getting there?

remember the buzz terrain 2.0 caused? imagine that today, that pic with the italian alpine troops, the kick ass terrain, and a link to contribute towards development ... need that picture.

Reflecting on all of this discussion has added a sense of fulfillment, and I'd like to thank you for the kind words and encouragement. This has been one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but I am really proud of our team and our community for what we have accomplished together.

I don't often stop to think about what happened, more about how we can keep going and doing better. I know your words mean a lot to my guys and gals, they mean a lot to me too.

Welcome back to our fellow community members, I hope to see many of you stick around and not only believe in us, but continue to provide us the opportunity to do so much more.

It's a great time for the game, we have much work to do ahead. But for now, let's enjoy this month and the company who has showed up to take a glimpse at what is new. Brief them, share with them as much as you can, and above all work to let them know that a team from the community is dedicated to keep the ball rolling.

We're just getting started...

Day 0 here as well. I still dream of those solid green glass top fields. The beauty of the.... Ahhhh fell through the map again!

Hurry, reload, gotta walk to the Alps.

consider the tens of millions raised by Star Citizen

The world's most expensive vaporware is probably not the best example. Just sayin'.

The world's most expensive vaporware is probably not the best example. Just sayin'.

i'm neither for nor against star citizen, never played it likely never will. however, it's funny how you're calling something vaporware that ...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/star-citizen/

... apparently has multiple gameplay reviews on at least one game review site. so either you've no idea what you're talking about or you have some expectation for that game that you feel hasn't been delivered upon yet.

regardless, it's a real game that really raised over 100 million dollars and is really actually being actively developed with releases up to 2.3.

so which is it? are you dumb and don't know what vapoerware actually means or are you a jaded fan boy who's expectations were cruelly not met by the sinister developer?

just wondering.

i'm neither for nor against star citizen, never played it likely never will. however, it's funny how you're calling something vaporware that ...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/tag/star-citizen/

... apparently has multiple gameplay reviews on at least one game review site. so either you've no idea what you're talking about or you have some expectation for that game that you feel hasn't been delivered upon yet.

regardless, it's a real game that really raised over 100 million dollars and is really actually being actively developed with releases up to 2.3.

so which is it? are you dumb and don't know what vapoerware actually means or are you a jaded fan boy who's expectations were cruelly not met by the sinister developer?

just wondering.

they have a quite playable beta (or perhaps is it alpha?) right now. when I last tried it, it was basically a dogfight arena type deal. fun enough but not worth the $100 million at this point - still a work in progress though, I knew its not finished yet. the persistent universe will be the holy grail of a complete game when you'll know the game was worth the cost. I dunno if they will pull it off or not *shrug* I don't keep up with the news like some others may - vyper and vonwiggle and the jg26 crew stay informed on it a lot more than I do

you're a grown man correct? Act like it.

Wanh,wanh,wanh means Debbie Downer and was in response to Sharpe

.... euh.. what ?

What AI installations are planned?

AI bunkers on the front.

AI guard posts at critical bridges or road junctions.

AI AAA guns for cities, factories, bases.

AI truck convoys from cities to bases.

AI convoy ships.

Im missing something of the above ingame here..... :rolleyes: