quelin1

Is this OT?

64 posts in this topic

wtf Give us the OT free, i mean srsly.. wtf

These forums aren't sponsored by Bernie Sanders or the Democrats.

Hey guys and gals!

First off I would like to just say TSR you guys have a pretty cool game here and I have enjoyed for the most part my first 150 hours of game play. The potential money maker you guys have here might not be fully realized. But from someone that has been gaming since the early days of the MMORPG genre and by gaming I mean playing online 75 hours a week plus. I have seen the best and worst that the gaming world has to offer and this game here well it has a lot to offer and could be a good money maker for TSR. Just a few ideas J Yeah I am sure the team at TSR never gets enough of this from the players. I have a passion for online gaming so I will put my 2 cents into how TSR can make more money.

First off take some of the weight off the current squads, in no game ever has hand holding a person and showing and teaching them how the game works has ever worked out well. What you end up with is one a concurrent sub vet getting burned out / frustrated and a new guy being frustrated as well. Do something to help/ make a new player learn basics first and give a chance at playing w/o having to deal with the guys that know all the mechanics of the game. I don’t know take 2 squares somewhere put a boot camp make it where a new guy has to pass the test to get off the newbie island or something. As most people do very few people only read how to do something only after there in the game. It really is unfair to put the full weight of the games future into the hands of the helpful people you have in game and that are willing to spend the amount of time they do on a new person / free to play person. TSR you’re shooting yourself in the foot on this one.

Second put in some micro transactions for people. If you have say 500 active players that are paying 20 bucks a month and say they spend 60-70 bucks a year in micro transactions 30k dollars more a year is a lot of bug fixes. Maybe add an item that can only be bought like a horse for a XO to ride on J Hell I will even come up with the art work for ya! Or a motorcycle with a side car. Or if you really want to keep it simple say a free RTB for say 50 cents. Or a resupply for say 75 cents. How about being able to place a ad in game on a building ? How funny would it be to see fly over Antwerp and see an ad for Chucks chicken shack on a building ? Ads in game could add to your bottom line. Personally I would pay 10 or more dollars just to be able to test out the higher tier plane. What would that hurt say you could buy the best plane in game for 12 bucks bypassing the rank req. You would still need the skill to fly the plane Keep it simple to make you guys more money. Sure your going to have a bunch of na sayers but next time the light bill comes in or server maintenance is eating up overtime think about it. In the long run they will be happier gamers! Image a game with no DTC’ / not as much lag / 5k or more people online on avg. and new mods.

Take it for what it’s worth all I can say is that the game really is awesome once you get past the ugliness of it but hey war is ugly right and the bugs/ lag the few dtc’s.

TSR you have some really decanted people in the corps here that work really hard to make sure that player sees the game for all its worth! Step up before you end having a bunch of burned-out corps that are all bitter and not willing to help any new player. Then you truly will be on the death bed. The F2P model as been around for many years and your just now getting that part which is good. But don’t let the new influx of new players slip right away. Hell even the Canadians figured that out many years ago and I am not a big fan of bioware but they did the f2p and have done pretty well. TSR you guys have a awesome game here and I am sure its tough to change anything but hey the slowest thing in the world to change is the military but even there smart enough to know that change is a must to survive. Yes you can run a small game on a small budget keeping a few die hard people around will keep your lights on but if you really want to hire some people/ buy a new server/ get your son that new Ipad your going to have to make some changes and that’s all there is to It and the changes don’t even have to cost you much some simple things and yeah I have been told more than once if I knew how much it cost to change one pixel of color in a game. The thing is take what you have and work it man it would be cool say in 6 months to log on and see 5k people online all battling it out!

-dannyboom

First off, I kind of have a feeling this post is going to get a lot of hype, seeming a lot of people in this community come from a place where the dislike of Americans is pretty high.

I just have a question.

Why?

In 1775 we declared war on the British Empire, in the year 1783 we won the war and became our own free country, we were a Democratic Republic. I see a lot of people claiming that the USA is an Empire. We are of no such thing. We are still a Democratic Republic, not a monarchy or an oligarchy.

In the following years we had a Civil War, the Union was victorious, setting all the black slaves free, but our racism and "Jim Crow" laws didnt end untill the 80's or 90's. We got over that problem, up to that point, we are still a Democratic Republic.

On the date 12,7,41 we where obliterated at Pearl Harbor, our Pacific fleet destroyed, open for attack. The next day, war was declared between the USA and the Axis powers, the US once again in another World War to help out their Allies.

But before the second world war, there was a first. And if an event never happened, we would never have joined the Allies. In the teens we were more likely to enter on the axis side. This all changed when The sinking of the Lusitania cruise ship by a German submarine and the Zimmermann note. The Lusitania was a passenger ship that a German torpedo hit and sunk, killing about 100 US passengers. This ignited the US to join the allies.

Imagine the US joining the Axis, and then again in WWII. If you look at it, there would be no France, there would be no UK, there would be no Russia, hell, even the US wouldn't exist. But we helped the right people, and we won.

Let's not forget the D-Day landings and paradroppings behind enemy lines the night before. Without the Ameicans the landings would have been a terrible slaughter for the Allies.

In the 60's we went to Vietnam to help out the French and the South Vietnamese, we were abandoned and sent to fight a force that memorized the land like we memorize our rooms. The US never lost a battle in Vietnam, we just lost the war with our week politics, just like always.

The United States is a very important contributor to medicine aswell. Without us, you would still be searching for a cure for Small Pox. We have made HUGE advancements in medical science and Military technology. And without us, there would be a Soviet flag on the moon, and the Soviets would still be in the Middle east, and they would have a huge hand in everything. There would still be a communist Soviet Union.

Now please, i'm not looking for a flame war, i just want a simple explanation, i have nothing against anyone of another country. If you have anything to say just comment back.

Lastly, today, from all the bs we recive from ourselves and others. We are STILL a Democratic republic, we STILL have loyal citizens, we STILL have an amazing Armed Force, and we are STILL on this planet. That is all i have to say.

I had a DD drove from willem. I got to knokke AF about a mile away from it and my engine magically goes out. Ok I look around nothing is even around me. Nothing on land, nothing in the water. I look back see wtf is wrong no smoke nothing. Then i hear a *ping*, i look around nothing is there. Then the engine starts on fire. WTF is up with this invisible crap???? It's so much BS.

So I need to provide a little back story here. My fathe- in-law is 80 and is a muliti-millionaire. He worked his way up from poor little Dominican boy to making 2 million dollars, not pesos, a month. That's 12 million a year to those of you keeping score at home. He's mostly involved in fish and poultry production. He also has 19 kids from like 12 different women. Never been married. He loves holding the money over all of his kids head's, messing with their lives, keeping everyone guessing about who will inherit what, giving them money to start their own business, but taking half their profits for life. He likes messing with people and keeping them off balance so he can be in control.

He also lives in squalor. He lives in a compound of a few concrete buildings that the jungle is slowly reclaiming. His house is filthy, has a ton of bugs, no decent furniture, and the yard looks like a scrapyard. We stayed there the first night, and the last two nights we were in DR. It is not an enjoyable time. I'll post some pics at the end.

So Saturday we spent the morning talking to him in his living room. His oldest son is trying to take everything from him and they are in this feud. Lawyers left and right, his son has sent men to smash apart a farm he is building, he took a bat down to his son's offices, beat up a security guard, his grandson, smashed the windows etc. His son had some corrupt army colonel he keeps on the payroll arrest him. My wife doesn't want anything to do with the money. At least that is to say, if it turns out he leaves her a couple million we'll take it, but we're not getting involved otherwise. He decides he doesn't believe her and freaks out on her accusing her of only being nice to him because she wants the cash.

So that whole thing dies down and we head on over to one of her sisters' house. This house used to belong to the mother of one of my wife's brothers, who is not the mother of the sister that lives there now. My father-in-law decided that it would be funny to give it to this sister, rather than to the son of the woman who had lived there.

Anyway, there are three dogs at the house. A white dog that we will call Perro Blanco, a black dog we will call Perro Negro and a white ****su we will call the B*tch because she is in heat.

So pretty much as soon as we get there, Perro Blanco tears into Perro Negro because Perro Negro is trying to get it on with the B*tch. Perro Blanco bites Perro Negro on the face, making him bleed, and on the back right leg making him limp. Then the groundskeeper comes over with a machete and breaks them up. So we are sitting outside talking for the next few hours. Perro Negro, god bless his little horny soul, keeps trying to get at the B*tch. And Perro Blanco keeps chasing him away, getting inbetween them, so on and so forth. This goes on non-stop for a couple hours. The B*tch, that horny little slut, keeps making Perro Blanco's life miserable because she hangs around him and as soon as he turns his back she wanders over to Perro Negro.

So finally they calm down for a bit and Perro Blanco goes over to the steps of the groundskeeper's house and falls asleep. Well sure as sh*t, the B*tch strides right over to Perro Negro and starts sticking her twat all up in his face. Well Perro Negro, god bless him, he just can't help himself and bum leg and all mounts the B*tch and starts going at it.

So they're humping away for a few minutes and we're all kinda laughing, because poor Perro Blanco has spent the last few hours trying to stop this exact thing from happening. Now he's fast asleep and his woman is getting banged 50 feet away from him.

So, me being the Yankee that I am, have never seen dogs f*cking and you may not have either. Apparently when dogs are done humping, they are stuck together for a short while until the male dog relaxes enough to be able to pull out. So Perro Negro and the B*tch are stuck together at their genitalia. They are rolling all around trying to pull apart when what does my father-in-law do? He shouts over and wakes up Perro Blanco.

Perro Blanco wakes up and immediately looks around for the B*tch and what does he see? Perro Negro's c*ck stuck up in his woman. And poor Perro Negro is like "Uh, I tripped?" Well faster than lightning, Perro Blanco races over, grabs Perro Negro's head in his mouth and flips him over, ripping him out of the B*tch and slamming him to the ground. So there's poor Perro Negro, panis all swollen and red, head bleeding, leg hurting, lying in the dust waiting for death when the B*tch steps in and starts licking his panis. And then so does Perro Blanco. Talk about a weird turn of events. Now it's a weird threesome, and not the good kind.

So I hired an unlicensed electrician.

Apparently I had some aluminum wiring in my box that I had no clue about, well..because I usually don't spend time looking at the wiring in my box. Anyway, the wife is basically demolishing our house and we had an inspector come in because of the insurance. The **** looks into the box and tells me I have four wires which are aluminum. I'm like, ZOMG! He tells me that I cannot have aluminum wiring in the box and that this will have to be reported to the insurance. Okie dokey. So I call the insurance and they tell me that it's correct that I can't have aluminum wiring due to new coding and what not, but that I've been paying an extra 5% on my bill because of this. No one has ever told me that I pay extra because of this. They tell me no worries because I'm already paying for this anyways. I was planning on changing out the aluminum once they explained that it's a fire hazard. A week later I get a notice from my insurance telling me they will drop my policy if I do t get this changed by the 14th...same people who told me not to worry because I'm paying extra already anyways. So we get this **** electrician who was a referral from someone who was having his building wired. The guy comes in and rewires the box and swaps out the aluminum. New inspector comes in to look at the work, says it looks good, then asks for the invoice. Tell him I don't have it and will have to get it to him. Call the douche electrician and ask him for the invoice, which he sends. Inspector thens calls and says that this invoice does not have his license number. Now after tracking the electrician down, ****er goes into a dance about not having a license but that he works with his brother in law and he's the one that has the license. ****er tells me he'll get a invoice from the supposed licensed dood and he'll email it to me. Now I can't find the ****er! BTW...electrician was a gringo! Now I'm ****ed!

Originally Posted by Schecky viewpost.gif

So I'm legitimately considering joining the French Foreign Legion

blah blah blah, not going to get into the specifics right now. anyone know anyone who has?

i've been turning it over in my mind the last few months, and due to recent turn of events it's highly probable I will be leaving the country or at least my current area/lifestyle behind for some time

Tried to get on a subway today and the police stopped me at the turn-table. Reason? They wanted to search my bag. I was a bit surprised so I walked up and started giving them a look. I noticed on a side it said that I had the right to refuse to search my bag so I told them that I wasn't waiving my right. So they told me that if I didn't give over my bag I couldn't get on the subway.

What sort of bullsht is this? I told them to **** off and then I bailed. The sugar on top was getting followed by the cops as I walked out and tried to find a cab.

Then later today I bought a 6 pack of beer, I told the bag boy I didn't need a bag. He asked if I wanted a ticket? He told me that it's a ticket to walk with alcohol out on the street unless it was a bag, unopened or not. This one I can't believe if it is even true or not, the point being there is actually someone out there in this country worrying about that.

I've been gone for a while but when did you guys surrender the country over to the police?

ps-Also heard it is not completely legal to walk out on the streets in NYC without an ID. If you get stopped w/o and ID you may have a warrant out for you, so they gotta take you in to check.

I hope some of these laws are just urban myths that I am hearing through the pipes. I am more familiar with California law, but wtf. Why are the states so ****ty?

I was on a cruise with my wife and we were eating breakfast. I was a little hung over from the night before so we were sitting outside eating. The man at the table next to us was speaking so loudly it made me wanna vomit. So I asked him nicely to please for my sanity keep it down. He then asked me "do you know who I am?". I replied "an a$$hole?". He said "i'm Phil Donahue". To which I replied loudly and pissed ". Fuuck you Phil Donahue can't you shut your meat hole so I can relax". He replied " You have no Idea who I am do you? I'm Phil Donahue people come to me for advice.". I stood up just wanting to walk away with my hangover he speaks once more "I had a TV show for almost 30 years giving advice". Now mind you I am 300 lbs covered in Tattoos and have a headache with the hangover. I say one last thing as I grabbed his table. I said "Well Phil lemme give you some advice pissing off a guy that is bigger than you isn't the smartest idea and lastly I hope you have a heart attack and Die!"

A few hours passed on the boat then I noticed every old lady on the boat pointing at me even had a few flip me off. As I was talking to my mother in law I mentioned the incident she yelled at me and hung up. So I decided to Google the assholes name. Sure as **** there he was. I decided to just let the whole thing just blow over. For the rest of that week I felt like little old ladies were trying to intimidate me. Flipping me off closing elevators cutting me in lines. I think I might have pissed off the Cult of Phil Donahue.

All in all I thought it was hilarious during the trip but I just got flipped off by 4 old ladies in the supermarket at home I think the Cult has located me. Kinda freaky

you mofos have never shot a bear in your lives. go figure a 15 year old boy having to haul one out with his buddy injun style a couple miles on a pole while the old men were laughting 5 miles away. gotta sell half my chit at a rummage sale july 4th at moms place and run the fracking deal as the oldest niece will be hung over. mutha steals some thing and a shotgun comes out hence i go to prison which ain't gonna happen. sis wants me to take another day off but wtf? work a rummage sale whereas i can go into the mill and make twice the money but then again its friggin hot and humid. figure mds hotmom may eventually show up at my doorstep if she wants to see some cool chit but she cant bring the farked up kids which will mean that shell never come to da nort. figure id also have to chain md for a couple days until he settled down andd i tossed him a rod and reel which would make him happy and joyfull.

Kidding aside...

It's not new, but there is very much a cool-kids cliche here in OT. And if you are not "in" then you are very much OUT. If you are IN, it really doesn't matter what you post, you will always have a half dozen responses from the crowd slapping you on the back and saying how wonderful you are. OUT means that no matter what you post you are going to get flamed -- with a lot of follow up "OMG u WTFPWNZORED him Dude haha!" from the fellow idiot travellers.

I have seen Dale post threads consisting of nothing more than a picture or article, only to scroll through three pages of "FALE!" pictures as the follow up posts. For the most part you weren't debating anyone; you were shouting someone down -- and not so much because you disagreed, you never engaged your brains long enough to for any rational conclusions, but because he was not one of the cool OT people so it was safe.

It's up to you guys what kind of forum you want. I prefer one with lots of people, lots of threads, lots of opinions, lots of humor... a community. Apparently most of the remaining few want ten people in a cirlce jerk complimenting each other on the size of their epeens.

/serious mode