bmw

To all of those who are back on WBS.....

38 posts in this topic

I hope you stay after the 30 days.

The game needs you......even if its at $4.99/month. The pop levels are so much better it seems at the moment and the usual forum lurkers are back where they belong.

You can't run a business on a sob story, it comes down to what you offer your customers. If you want more customers then you improve your product. In this case that's the gameplay of ww2online.

What I keep seeing is new/returning posters complain about the gameplay, and then getting flamed by the diehards for not being as emotionally or financially invested in the game as they are.

You can't run a business on a sob story, it comes down to what you offer your customers. If you want more customers then you improve your product. In this case that's the gameplay of ww2online.

What I keep seeing is new/returning posters complain about the gameplay, and then getting flamed by the diehards for not being as emotionally or financially invested in the game as they are.

Go back to your cave troll.

Not a sob story. The game is much better than it was 2 yrs ago.....and getting better each patch release. The larger the pop the better the battles. You just seem like a bitter individual.

Go back to your cave troll.

Not a sob story. The game is much better than it was 2 yrs ago.....and getting better each patch release. The larger the pop the better the battles. You just seem like a bitter individual.

Came back a couple weeks ago after a 2ish year hiatus. The game has improved considerably, pop is much better and overall seems to be a healthier place. Talked with XOOM a couple nights ago about the plans and if things go the way he wants them to I think this game will come right back and be massive again.

Oh STFU and go away.

Its a player funded game, noones getting rich off it it.

It is true that the story of World War II Online has some sad times in it. There was one point that many people would of gave it a 95+% chance to fail within 30 days. Investors left, the majority of the staff went to find stable employment, which no one blames them. For many they would had just given up and thrown in the towel.

If it was not for the leadership and skills of the Rats at the time, Maypole, Gophur, Bloo, Doc, and Xoom it would had gone away. Since that time only three of the Rats remained and through their efforts and the community who would not give up, the future has become bright again.

Since that time the team has streamlined their operation to cut costs. The CRS now has 26 folks who work on the game. The majority of them are volunteers who want to make the game better. They bring their professional skills and use them to bring new things to the game and improve the stability of the game.

The Subs pay for the everyday expense of the game and does not make anyone rich. Up to recently no development was happening on the game. There was no one who could do it. Now we have a new team who has figured out the game and how it works. They have started to do things to move the game forward. The software the team originally used to build everything in the game, minus the infantry, had expired. Thanks to the community, we have now been able to get it and start working on more than what was able to be work on last year at this time.

The new team has a new focus on the future and a bold plan that will bring new and fun things to the game. Make the AMA on Monday or the Rat Chat on Saturday the 11th. Xoom and the team will go into the future plans for development and answer questions.

This game is not for everyone, we realize that. We are honored to have the customers that we do who believe in the goal of the team to improve the game and bring it to what everyone dreamed that it could be. We realize that they have put lots of faith into us and we are thankful for their believing in us. Without those community members we could not make the game better.

There are some players who will check in from time to time, and we appreciate them checking in. Yes it would help to have more subscriptions, but we understand that this game is not for everyone. We also realize that many people gave their support to the old team and that development came to a stop, after many years of production. It is easy to understand that not everyone would want to subscribe and help move the game forward due to that.

There is a new team here at CRS which is made up of 90%+ from the community. They came from the community and are established players of the game. They will continue the movement forward and those who do help along the way will always be able to say that they supported the effort of the new team and be proud as the game reach each milestone along the way.

Ty for pointing me to your post BMW.

3 AOs in TZ3 with very intense fighting till 1 AM

2 AOs till 3:30 AM

1-2 AOs off and on till I logged at 5 AM.

Very nice pop all the way into Tz4.

Insane fighting tooth and nail. Lots of green tags and old names. Was very fun playing with the old vets returning. Some of the Axis vets seemed to be just as good as I remember going up against.

Was very fun and I second the OP. Please hang and sub... seriously one of the best days IIRC in 5 years or so... definitely in the past 2 years.

It is true that the story of World War II Online has some sad times in it. There was one point that many people would of gave it a 95+% chance to fail within 30 days. Investors left, the majority of the staff went to find stable employment, which no one blames them. For many they would had just given up and thrown in the towel.

If it was not for the leadership and skills of the Rats at the time, Maypole, Gophur, Bloo, Doc, and Xoom it would had gone away. Since that time only three of the Rats remained and through their efforts and the community who would not give up, the future has become bright again.

Since that time the team has streamlined their operation to cut costs. The CRS now has 26 folks who work on the game. The majority of them are volunteers who want to make the game better. They bring their professional skills and use them to bring new things to the game and improve the stability of the game.

The Subs pay for the everyday expense of the game and does not make anyone rich. Up to recently no development was happening on the game. There was no one who could do it. Now we have a new team who has figured out the game and how it works. They have started to do things to move the game forward. The software the team originally used to build everything in the game, minus the infantry, had expired. Thanks to the community, we have now been able to get it and start working on more than what was able to be work on last year at this time.

The new team has a new focus on the future and a bold plan that will bring new and fun things to the game. Make the AMA on Monday or the Rat Chat on Saturday the 11th. Xoom and the team will go into the future plans for development and answer questions.

This game is not for everyone, we realize that. We are honored to have the customers that we do who believe in the goal of the team to improve the game and bring it to what everyone dreamed that it could be. We realize that they have put lots of faith into us and we are thankful for their believing in us. Without those community members we could not make the game better.

There are some players who will check in from time to time, and we appreciate them checking in. Yes it would help to have more subscriptions, but we understand that this game is not for everyone. We also realize that many people gave their support to the old team and that development came to a stop, after many years of production. It is easy to understand that not everyone would want to subscribe and help move the game forward due to that.

There is a new team here at CRS which is made up of 90%+ from the community. They came from the community and are established players of the game. They will continue the movement forward and those who do help along the way will always be able to say that they supported the effort of the new team and be proud as the game reach each milestone along the way.

Well said Badger :)!

S!

Maybe I shouldn't say this sense I have dementia so I will most likely forget what I have written within five minutes regardless.

So here it goes good or bad and for what its worth or not be.

Hum I do not quite understand - You can't run a business on a (Son Of A ***** story)? It comes down to what you offer customers? I just don't understand what you mean.

I have been playing a very long time and I have felt I get what I am paying for or I wouldn't still be here but than again it doesn't take a whole lot to please me. Just ask my therapy K-9. Thank You

Why are you here if you do not like the gameplay... Its the gameplay and my squad that has kept me here going on... 13 years. As for entertainment its about the cheapest never ending entertainment you can buy. Im really going to enjoy the next 30 days of intense epic battles. I played the first day of WBS and the pop increase was noticed, I played last night and the pop seemed to be double that of the first day.. Game play has been some of the most "hectic" as holium put it in another thread. Very fast paced with mass corpses around cps I have seen in who really knows how long. 1.35 brought the largest vets back to the game I have ever seen for a WBS.

Sheeesh game play, what other game comes close to this? As for gameplay complaints from returning vets... and I talk to them also ingame because I see day one players back and they seem excited about the changes and new stuff. I think I heard 2 complaints on the allied side from returning vets and they dealt with "OMG I hit him 3x with my ATG/Tank and he one shot me.." The rest where pretty much complaints about other players who killed them from who knows where... bah, that's a great part of the game... not knowing exactly what just owned your butt.

Maybe I shouldn't say this sense I have dementia so I will most likely forget what I have written within five minutes regardless.

So here it goes good or bad and for what its worth or not be.

Hum I do not quite understand - You can't run a business on a (Son Of A ***** story)? It comes down to what you offer customers? I just don't understand what you mean.

I have been playing a very long time and I have felt I get what I am paying for or I wouldn't still be here but than again it doesn't take a whole lot to please me. Just ask my therapy K-9. Thank You

not son of a ***** story nub

sob as in boo hooo sob..crying...get it

Oh STFU and go away.

Its a player funded game, noones getting rich off it it.

Salute Brother! Longtime....

Are you talking about the turd who said, "Your game controls ****ing suck. while saying that joysticks were not even used anymore in 2016?

Is he your roommate?

:Lover:?

Oh my...

The game needs you......even if its at $4.99/month. The pop levels are so much better it seems at the moment and the usual forum lurkers are back where they belong.

my sub comes at a price. fix the air game. i'm not alone. so many of us loved this aspect of the game and it's been killed.

commit to fixing any of these

visibility, im not talking weather i'm talking the fishbowl fog and lack of horizon

new planes

new mission targets/types

RDP that doesnt suck

something, ANYTHING for the airwar and I resub for a year in a heart beat.

not trying to be a downer and the whole steam angle IMO is an absolute must do - but - come on it's been years!

my sub comes at a price. fix the air game. i'm not alone. so many of us loved this aspect of the game and it's been killed.

visibility, im not talking weather i'm talking the fishbowl fog and lack of horizon

new planes

RDP that doesnt suck

not trying to be a downer and the whole steam angle IMO is an absolute must do - but - come on it's been years!

but.... new infantry skins!

new planes

RDP that doesnt suck

I agree the airwar needs work but understand that they JUST now were able to start doing new things that weren't possible in the past all because WE stayed and paid our sub and contributed thru donations.

Its good to see you back in any event even if its for the 30 days.

Yes! Its so refreshing being killed by names I don't recognize.

Just Re-subbed for the year, went to play and my graphics card just died :rolleyes:, just ordered a new one

I agree the airwar needs work but understand that they JUST now were able to start doing new things that weren't possible in the past all because WE stayed and paid our sub and contributed thru donations.

Its good to see you back in any event even if its for the 30 days.

understood, but, decisions were made and people, myself included, voted with their wallets. you want us back, fix what you broke ... actually that's unfair to you and the rest of the existing team.

look, many of us supported the old dev team in the decision to focus on infantry. none of us expected the airwar to be specifically targeted for castration in the process.

I'm dead serious here, look at the genre as a whole. where are the MMO ww2 first person shooters? they're all dead/played out.

i see many ww2 themed vehicle games on the market though - not an infantry in sight.

this game once offered and absolutely 100% unique air experience.

someone at rathq with access to subscription numbers needs to do the following. go back and look at patches directed at the airwar. now, compare that to subs. ever patch that forced players out, ****ing reverse w/e was done.

please, for the love of christ video games suck so much balls right now. I want to give you my money but i'm not willing to pay until i see a commitment of any sort to fixing the airwar. if xoom comes in here, or anywhere, and officially commits to fixing the airwar you'll have my sub for a year.

please take my money!

Just Re-subbed for the year, went to play and my graphics card just died :rolleyes:, just ordered a new one

Thank you for your resub and sorry about the graphics card, that sounds like my luck.

new planes

RDP that doesnt suck

I believe air is next on the board for improvements.

They made mention of this while pushing for funding on 1.35.

I still fly, and still wish for better RDP options, and still hate the fishbowl effect, and STILL wish for the Do17.

I still pay extra for a hero builder package as well, because even with the air issues, there is no other game that gives me what this one does.

It's easily worth it to pay, since WE are a community-funded game now.

Pay up hahaha

new models using existing broken flight models is cool, sure, but people someone needs to go back and look at how many people left when certain things were 'fixed' or added.

109 FM 'fix' - how many people left within 3 months of this?

'weather' - again, how many people left?

Find that data, multiply it by 4.99 a month, 10.99, and 15.99. What's that look like for the monthly nut? Is that worth pursuing?

I dont know the answers to these things but someone should take a look and see how much certain changes cost in subs. not suggesting this is a great way to run a game in the long run but if mistakes aren't .... if decisions aren't quantified its more difficult to make decisions on a go forward as to where development might result in the best bang for the buck.

steam will drive new subs to some extent. this game more than any other needs grizzled veterans to retain those subs though.

maybe it's the harbor ... lol ok i almost said that without laughing ... anyway. this new team is kicking ass, no doubt. i look around though and infantry first development hasn't exactly been healthy for population ... right?

i would kill for new game systems. add some CnH gameplay for vehicles. DnD gameplay for the air. infantry have had a lock on map affecting action for far too long. the other elements need to be able to 'push the map' too.

there is a lot to be positive about, and don't get me wrong i'm stoked for the team. feels like good things are coming. I just don't see any of the things that drove me away on the list yet.

We realize that the Navy and Air need loving. Not sure how much is known, but for years now there was no way to update anything with the game. Since the new team has taken the reigns, they have been able to take little steps to learn the outdated language that makes up the game. Eventually they figured out how to update weapons for the infantry, and had people working for CRS that would work on that. Those guys only do the things that affect that aspect of the game, while the back stuff was being worked on, these guys stayed busy with things that was within their skill set.

At the same time, the License for the software that builds everything but the infantry in the game had expired. While the team was getting used to the game, and figuring it all out, they did not purchase this expensive software. When the team felt they were ready, Xoom arranged for a trial version of the software to see if the team could use it and be productive with it. To me this was a very smart step. When the team felt sure that they had a handle on what it would take, and that the software would work, then Xoom worked out a very good deal for the software to get a lower rate. Then he approached the community for raising the funds to buy it. The Community once again jumped at the chance to help the game.

Since then we have purchased the software and the team is working with it. It took a while to finalize the purchase, but it is in hand now. Xoom has said we will first work with the guys who need the loving who have not seen it in a while. Once again the team will take baby steps as they learn one more part of the game. Xoom said in a Rat Chat, actually several now, that the plan is to retro fit some of the planes since that is the quickest to get new vehicles out, and also allows for the team to learn more about the game as they produce something new.

While this happens I do expect to see infantry weapons to come out too. This is not due to people not caring about the other branches, but that those guys do infantry and not coding, or the other things. Why have them sit around doing nothing when they can be adding more to the game?

Xoom has put out a call to the community for those who have professional skills to contact him if they are interested in volunteering their time and skills to help speed up production.

As subscriptions go up, which they have been steady in raising, then more money goes into the budget to allow hiring employees to help speed up production. Until that happens we rely on volunteers who work to support their family and pay their bills. Sometimes their schedule is restricted. Just brought up a good point, if the volunteers are doing this all during their spare time, just think what will happen when the company can afford to hire more staff at full time who can focus 40 hours a week on the game?

Yes many areas of the game have been lacking over the years. I will not go into the past, but I know what the future looks like. We have a new team who cares about the game and are working hard to move forward. They have done wonders in the last year. I know I felt that they had done enough to deserve me giving them a chance. They are all new and it is not fair to hold the past against them. I do know it is logical since it is the same company, but I think they have made progress enough so that I feel that I can back them. That led me to return and stay, pay my subscription and then rejoin their team.