bmw

To all of those who are back on WBS.....

38 posts in this topic

i get all that dude no need to justify the past and how it's impacted the existing team's ability to move forward. anyone who finds fault with the current team's ability and execution thus far is a fool. however, we have the tools paid for now right? so what can be committed to? i still don't see the major pain points on the list.

new models are cool and all but let's keep this fix train rolling. flight model audits? update the physics loop that likely hasn't been updated since hoof or hatch last touched it? damage model audits?

i'll give you an example, i recently resubbed to wow. why? cause they're making changes to allow for very casual multi-character pvp play which was a huge pain point for me. I liked playing a few different types of characters but to get them all geared was a massive tedious grind, now it won't be, so i resubbed.

oh and btw, swear to god if a single line of code is written for the navy ... to many major systems would need to be written for good gameplay but there just isn't a market for naval sims. there just isn't.

I believe air is next on the board for improvements.

the air was always next after the inf game , but what about the glory navy here,huh??

A few of us are trying to get RDP tweaked to make its impact more pronounced (see my thread in Suggestions).

Would something like that be enough madrebel? Or are you looking for something different in regards to RDP?

ANYTHING!

ffs put on the list "adding back pilot legs/arms/torso to the 3d pit" and i'd be stoked.

RDP would be great and perhaps the simplest to do as the variables and systems are already in game, just need some tweaking.

the two biggest IMO are fixing the visual issues, lack of horizon, etc. the reason being, this ALWAYS impacts playability regardless of any other underlying changes. add new mission types, new models, etc etc they're still flying in the fish bowl.

second, other than directly attacking ground forces the air has no relevant way of contributing towards victory. RDP would be great here, but, IMO, RDP would be best served as weekend, bi-weekly, semi weekly, or otherwise event.

please follow me on this and look past the reference, but blizz/wow does a good job here with scheduled events. things like 'this weekend honro gain from arenas awards more X' ... "this saturday in ww2ol factories take quadruple damage"

RDP just takes too long for the average gamer. even us old die hards have kids, etc etc we can jump in for an hour or two here and there but hinging the depth of your game mechanics on something that requires over an hour of your player's time isn't the right choice for your limited developer dollar IMO.

so if time is spent on RDP, IMO, it's best spent turning RDP into a weekly cool event type thing where during that window, whoever 'wins', gains meaningful momentum of some sort.

if it were me, new dev time would be spent developing the defend and destroy game type and using airfields as the first target. the main reason, its absolute BS that airfields work so well as defensive AI flak screens. the end of map stalls near factories make for, IMO, terrible gameplay. let us bomb them so we can take AI offline and bounce flags. make it super hard, just make it possible.

done right, pieces of that code can then be reused for other targets. add supply depots that delay resupply tickets or completely cut them. etc etc etc.

however i lack a lot of details that might prompt me to not do any of the suggested ... just sayin we need new mechanics more than models ... but we need models too ;-).

Glad to hear population is increasing. Haven't played since 2011 but just went and took advantage of the 9.99 special so you have another $10 bucks to throw at the air game now. Don't let me down! :)

I will echo the prior comments that the market seems to be in vehicles now (WoT, WoWS, War Thunder, etc). My issue with those games is the lack of long term effect. So the more than can be done to allow air to have an effect on the campaign other than direct A2G kills would be excellent.

Now to go find an Luftwaffe squad....

ANYTHING!

ffs put on the list "adding back pilot legs/arms/torso to the 3d pit" and i'd be stoked.

RDP would be great and perhaps the simplest to do as the variables and systems are already in game, just need some tweaking.

the two biggest IMO are fixing the visual issues, lack of horizon, etc. the reason being, this ALWAYS impacts playability regardless of any other underlying changes. add new mission types, new models, etc etc they're still flying in the fish bowl.

second, other than directly attacking ground forces the air has no relevant way of contributing towards victory. RDP would be great here, but, IMO, RDP would be best served as weekend, bi-weekly, semi weekly, or otherwise event.

please follow me on this and look past the reference, but blizz/wow does a good job here with scheduled events. things like 'this weekend honro gain from arenas awards more X' ... "this saturday in ww2ol factories take quadruple damage"

RDP just takes too long for the average gamer. even us old die hards have kids, etc etc we can jump in for an hour or two here and there but hinging the depth of your game mechanics on something that requires over an hour of your player's time isn't the right choice for your limited developer dollar IMO.

so if time is spent on RDP, IMO, it's best spent turning RDP into a weekly cool event type thing where during that window, whoever 'wins', gains meaningful momentum of some sort.

if it were me, new dev time would be spent developing the defend and destroy game type and using airfields as the first target. the main reason, its absolute BS that airfields work so well as defensive AI flak screens. the end of map stalls near factories make for, IMO, terrible gameplay. let us bomb them so we can take AI offline and bounce flags. make it super hard, just make it possible.

done right, pieces of that code can then be reused for other targets. add supply depots that delay resupply tickets or completely cut them. etc etc etc.

however i lack a lot of details that might prompt me to not do any of the suggested ... just sayin we need new mechanics more than models ... but we need models too ;-).

^^^

good post

RDP targets need to moved forward - towns behind the lines representing supply

chokepoints to reduce the time factor.

MANY players are now family laden and cant put in 3+ hrs regularily unless lucky :)

MANY players are now family laden and cant put in 3+ hrs regularily unless lucky :)

or supportive AI systems.

would be nice if squads could schedule certain mission types and spawn into a formation already heading to target.

not son of a ***** story nub

sob as in boo hooo sob..crying...get it

Yes w0rmz I did actually get it. Do you honestly think someone doesn't know what Sob as in sob story is. I was trying to be some what polite about it. I might be half gone but not so far gone as to not know what sob story is - read between the invisible lines. LMAO

Ah... Now I remember the Hanger :rolleyes:

thats not the hangar not even close to it

no despawn post in here

no post about the porknbeans thread

not a guy here that quote himself (cant remember his name? i think we called him o-gina or something)

no rebel post about his last 2 kills

no "nerf the 20mm" or "spit-ezmode" or "250kg bomb is to heavy" thread

and so on

It is true that the story of World War II Online has some sad times in it. There was one point that many people would of gave it a 95+% chance to fail within 30 days. Investors left, the majority of the staff went to find stable employment, which no one blames them. For many they would had just given up and thrown in the towel.

If it was not for the leadership and skills of the Rats at the time, Maypole, Gophur, Bloo, Doc, and Xoom it would had gone away. Since that time only three of the Rats remained and through their efforts and the community who would not give up, the future has become bright again.

Since that time the team has streamlined their operation to cut costs. The CRS now has 26 folks who work on the game. The majority of them are volunteers who want to make the game better. They bring their professional skills and use them to bring new things to the game and improve the stability of the game.

The Subs pay for the everyday expense of the game and does not make anyone rich. Up to recently no development was happening on the game. There was no one who could do it. Now we have a new team who has figured out the game and how it works. They have started to do things to move the game forward. The software the team originally used to build everything in the game, minus the infantry, had expired. Thanks to the community, we have now been able to get it and start working on more than what was able to be work on last year at this time.

The new team has a new focus on the future and a bold plan that will bring new and fun things to the game. Make the AMA on Monday or the Rat Chat on Saturday the 11th. Xoom and the team will go into the future plans for development and answer questions.

This game is not for everyone, we realize that. We are honored to have the customers that we do who believe in the goal of the team to improve the game and bring it to what everyone dreamed that it could be. We realize that they have put lots of faith into us and we are thankful for their believing in us. Without those community members we could not make the game better.

There are some players who will check in from time to time, and we appreciate them checking in. Yes it would help to have more subscriptions, but we understand that this game is not for everyone. We also realize that many people gave their support to the old team and that development came to a stop, after many years of production. It is easy to understand that not everyone would want to subscribe and help move the game forward due to that.

There is a new team here at CRS which is made up of 90%+ from the community. They came from the community and are established players of the game. They will continue the movement forward and those who do help along the way will always be able to say that they supported the effort of the new team and be proud as the game reach each milestone along the way.

That's outstanding! I'm a year one player that's been gone for about a year and a half due to RL stuff. If I'd have known this info a year ago, I would have re-subbed back then. Well done to Xoom and the team for taking over and starting the well overdue move forward. Because of this information, and the fact that 4 Wing is still one hell of a fun place to hang out, I'm going to do my part, and re-sub.

Hopefully we get to see a 20th anniversary.

S!

1 person likes this