madrebel

Funding drive idea (Pilots please read)

7 posts in this topic

How many builder subs would it take for you to commit to any of these AND still execute your existing plan? Meaning, pay another coder, buy middleware, etc etc

Fix fish bowl add proper cloud middleware:

Lack of horizon absolutely destroys the sensation of flight and leads to vertigo. Read up on the development of the occulus rift and the lengths they went to to get rid of vertigo. apparently making your customers sick isn't good ... i digress.

There are existing cloud middleware libraries not unlike speedtree. Last I recall KFS1 mentioned there would have to be code written to account for cell server sync but it should be possible.

Update the physics loop to account for modern hardware:

Back in the day Hoof talked about a different integrator that he wanted to use the runge kutta i believe? Can that or something better/different be accomplished now? Also as I recall the physics loop runs at 30hz? Can we bump this to 60?

There are many really broken flight models in the game. Sure, can still fly and have a lot of fun but ... I mean there's some **** to fix here.

This game and flight model offer a sensation of flight that just never has been matched, however, man the FM really falls down with stall behavior.

Bring in Defend and Destroy gameplay:

I've literally written novels on this subject, as have others. Death match is fun, but so are other game types. THE MOST POPULAR GAME ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW IS A DEFEND AND DESTROY GAMETYPE! I'm not a league of legends guy but make no mistake the game theory at the foundation of the game is very simple defend and destroy.

make airfields the first target. no pot holes, just bounce flags. use the same code you have for factory tile rebuilds and set a threshold for bombs on target (hangar buildings) or in the square.

give us something else to do and we'll leave the squishies alone!

More Planes and more Planes using existing kit

Need the p51 and p47 but need a full 4th tier for that .. good thing the italians, germans, british, and french can use more or less existing models for that 4th tier.

ju88 ... wellington ... manchester/lancaster ...

Put a number on this stuff. The airgame was taken from us and there was nothing any of us could do about it. Now, you need money to accomplish new things. Great, how much? I think there are enough former pilots out there so insulted by the market's excuse for good games flight sims that we can fund some sort of new development specifically targeted at fixing the airwar we used to love.

Above are just ideas, seriously, i dont care what the first step is. just commit to something new or some sort of fix for the airwar and tell us how many builder subs 'it' will take.

Also... this is a great time to get good questions ready for the upcoming Rat Chat.

We need the air game back on top.

We NEED a better air game.

How many builder subs would it take for you to commit to any of these AND still execute your existing plan? Meaning, pay another coder, buy middleware, etc etc

Fix fish bowl add proper cloud middleware:

Lack of horizon absolutely destroys the sensation of flight and leads to vertigo. Read up on the development of the occulus rift and the lengths they went to to get rid of vertigo. apparently making your customers sick isn't good ... i digress.

There are existing cloud middleware libraries not unlike speedtree. Last I recall KFS1 mentioned there would have to be code written to account for cell server sync but it should be possible.

Update the physics loop to account for modern hardware:

Back in the day Hoof talked about a different integrator that he wanted to use the runge kutta i believe? Can that or something better/different be accomplished now? Also as I recall the physics loop runs at 30hz? Can we bump this to 60?

There are many really broken flight models in the game. Sure, can still fly and have a lot of fun but ... I mean there's some **** to fix here.

This game and flight model offer a sensation of flight that just never has been matched, however, man the FM really falls down with stall behavior.

Bring in Defend and Destroy gameplay:

I've literally written novels on this subject, as have others. Death match is fun, but so are other game types. THE MOST POPULAR GAME ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW IS A DEFEND AND DESTROY GAMETYPE! I'm not a league of legends guy but make no mistake the game theory at the foundation of the game is very simple defend and destroy.

make airfields the first target. no pot holes, just bounce flags. use the same code you have for factory tile rebuilds and set a threshold for bombs on target (hangar buildings) or in the square.

give us something else to do and we'll leave the squishies alone!

More Planes and more Planes using existing kit

Need the p51 and p47 but need a full 4th tier for that .. good thing the italians, germans, british, and french can use more or less existing models for that 4th tier.

ju88 ... wellington ... manchester/lancaster ...

Put a number on this stuff. The airgame was taken from us and there was nothing any of us could do about it. Now, you need money to accomplish new things. Great, how much? I think there are enough former pilots out there so insulted by the market's excuse for good games flight sims that we can fund some sort of new development specifically targeted at fixing the airwar we used to love.

Above are just ideas, seriously, i dont care what the first step is. just commit to something new or some sort of fix for the airwar and tell us how many builder subs 'it' will take.

i have read that

I'd be in for a hero builder account in the next few months once I get through my wedding!

Maybe the Rats already do this, but it would be cool to see exactly where funds are being allocated as hero builder accounts are mini-investors in a way.

Realism in flight? Fix the sound issue when pointing the nose down and speed increased it gets quieter in the plane. It should be screaming at high speeds. This problem is also noticed by ground units hence the appearance of an engine off bombing attack. Old problem, I know.

The fishbowl isn't really a big issue for me since night flying is more of a challenge.