ZEBBEEE

Updating capture flag "building"

38 posts in this topic

I like both of your ideas, Zebbee. TBH, I'm not 100% of what ou mean by 'Open Capture' unless you simply mean that all CPs should be open air areas, which I would disagree with. Some open air/ closed combos, yes; but pure open? I wouldn't be a big fan. We have enough of that at FBs, and in many cases it's little more than a turkey shoot once someone gets a good position. IMO, one depot sniper shouldn't be able to completely shut down a CP. A CP should have options that allow for a defender to get in where the attackers have to go in and get him.

On 6/19/2016 at 2:55 PM, tomppeli2k said:

i dont understand why they took off these :/

I dont think they took it out so much as when the buildings got reworked, the castle did not get remodeled, perhaps was a time issue?
We got rid of all the old paper buildings and a few things did not seem to get new ones built, perhaps ran out of time?

This is what the real one looks like, ours wasn't exactly correct

citadelle-de-dinant.jpg?ID=5076

On the all same cookie cutter CPs

The reason is time i imagine.
To have different kinds, you have to do the building models, all the different possible kinds
Then you have to go into each town and hand edit the terrain to accommodate the particular building properly so it does not look totally borked
which means you may have to move or edit other buildings.
Then when you got the visuals where it looks right, you have to go code in the capture area, and program the links.
Then recompile the whole map, and test each location well, then build a patch for the clients and install new map data on the server

Ive not done WWIIOL terrain, but ive done terrain that i think is done in very similar fashion and it is very time consuming on small scale, and our map is huge with many locations.
You kind of need a couple guys who are doing nothing but terrain generation

With new terrain abilities, and with recent threads, I'm bumping this up again. We could really use some different CP building ideas.

S!S!S!

40 minutes ago, Quincannon said:

With new terrain abilities, and with recent threads, I'm bumping this up again. We could really use some different CP building ideas.

S!S!S!

Imagine underground structures ! Finally ! Wooot !

Lol. Since I posted here I volunteered for CRS and now better understand the complexity/challenges to get things upgraded, but yes I am still 100% supporter of open air area capture.

However, I would remain cautious with such big impacting changes and therefore added an in-game poll to ask all players about this.

If it is positive, once the big city blocks are released, maybe it could be pushed up to Hatch’s ears. 

I would like to see the capture area in bunkers to be in different locations. 

As of now it's up the stairs to the left. It be great if there would be variety .

One bunker it's downstairs by the tipped over table, the next one it's like we have it , the 3rd it's up the stairs and to the right ( and yes the windows stay uncovered  , it's silly as is that a few wooden planks keep HE rounds and AP rounds out as it.

The 4th bunker it's right in the entry of to the left behind those crates. 

Also it be great if the City CP could /maybe tie into the whole , city capture mechanism.  As of now it's either a after thought or its the 1st one that does get captured cause no one ever checks it and it's of no importance. 

Maybe tie it in with the AB bunker , once city is captured , the capture timer speed up or recaptured it slows it down.

Maybe make it that one has to control city to be able to cap bunker ? ( but I assume the low pop would be in a disadvantage there)

A while back I had the idea that it would control the AI , city gets captured AI goes away, recapture it goes up again ( but a few didn't think it's a good idea) 

Edited by dre21

24 minutes ago, dre21 said:

Maybe make it that one has to control city to be able to cap bunker ? ( but I assume the low pop would be in a disadvantage there)

I like this sort of out of the box thinking.

It could be applied to attackers only. this would slow down battles, avoid constant bunker guards, and better focus forces between city and AB.

This is sorta like what I posted (I suggested a small cemetary as the open air area, but for exactly the same reasons, it makes control of the surrounding buildings required: