• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
pikapawz

Tanks tanks tanks

68 posts in this topic

I'm sat here, trying to think how I can word this without being too salty, without being too whiny and entitled.

I'm struggling, guys I really am. In game earlier I did lose my cool a little, I admit and started ranting in Axis Side chat after it just reached critical mass. After 24 hours of the same thing happening to the Axis side over and over and over I just got fed up.

For the last 24 hours I have found myself having a few good fights here and there, enjoying infantry combat and the back and forth and just as SOON as the Axis make any progress all the Allied forces stop spawning as infantry and suddenly spawn in as many tanks as they can get into and rush down all the MS. And then rather than shoot them, they just encircle and camp them. I had a guy literally stood with his gun pointed at one with plenty of time to take it out. Taking down the tanks hasn't been possible simply because almost no town we're attacking to or from _HAS_ at in decent numbers. One town had, in total 5 AT weapons of different types.. that is I should say Capacity. They were all (obviously) gone. Even if they WERE spawnable, there is no way they would be able to take out the sheer volume of tanks that are rushing around the map.

I brought in a few newbie friends for this event and jumped back into my old veteran builders account. Out of around 9 of us, there are two left. Some went to Allied to try it, one of those remains. The rest have all quit.

We're not children or anything, and this game is exactly to our taste (We play a crap ton of ArmA for example) but this is infuriating. It's like the Allied side is going out of it's way to stomp, camp and make the game as un-fun as possible. Okay, so moral is part of war? That mechanic is losing the game potential future players and subscribers...

I don't know how to deliver this any better, how to do it with less whine and salted cheese. I'm honest a little saddened but I kinda know how this thread will go, and I don't really have a point to make. I just want to ask: Is this normal for WW2Online these days? Just rush camping? What happened?

AT weapons like ATGs you mean?

Pretty sure you will have 40+ ATGs in every flag MINIMUM.

"all the allied players despawn infantry and grab tanks"

lol...

thanks for the laugh there.

Like I said, bring an ATG or 2 with your trucks instead of expecting to roll the map with infantry alone.

This is a combined arms game.

Yeah, not enough people bring ATGs with them when setting up an AO.

Opels and 251s can haul the 50MMs, which are pretty decent ATGs.

I would like to see infantry flags have 75% fewer tanks and cut the armored flags down by half.

There are indeed too many damned tanks running around, regardless of the OP.

Organization is everything in this game. Without teamwork it's really tough to make any progress. If your fru's are getting camped you simply delete them and try elsewhere or better yet, you begin further out and slowly work to town concentrating on armor attrition first. We don't always do that :D. I suggest you grab your group of friends again and team them up with an active squad. It's not always a mad rush to town and door to door fighting. Sometimes you have to earn your way in. Setup and ambush enemy armor until they run low on good weapons. Then you might find some success getting to the capture part of town fighting. Attrition works but it takes time and teamwork. Too many people just want to rush in and cap before the time is right. A mad rush is great when it works but it only works if you catch the other side sleeping. If they get a defense out early enough you must change tactics. The mad rush will only attrit your team.

Hmm, earning one's way in usually results in a stale AO where either a Pan or a 232 cruise the perimeter knocking out frus toward the end.

Sometimes.... and not often, a couple infantry can cap something after everyone thinks an AO is stale and get the fight going again.

I don't understand why axis aren't taking the pak38 with them with the trucks.

Sure it sucks against the sherman frontally but against any other tank or from the side it will kill it with ease. Especially in these cases where enemy tanks will "rush" your fru and the combat ranges are short.

Deploy it in a diagonal way slightly behind the fru and you got superb protection.

Sure it sucks against the sherman frontally but against any other tank or from the side it will kill it with ease. Especially in these cases where enemy tanks will "rush" your fru and the combat ranges are short.

Deploy it in a diagonal way slightly behind the fru and you got superb protection.

Right on the money.

Not just for sitting behind the fru, but any and all hillsides surrounding a town are great places to deploy the pak38.

In bushes, too!

axis have been getting spawn camped since WBS started...

we're also loosing our WBS guys (like your 7 other friends) because of the frustration from side imbalance.

SD is a necessary evil but the bigger problem is the toxic attitude the playerbase has to switching sides. back in Lancers a bunch threatened to quit if we switched to axis to help their underpop, it's just really stupid...

because it takes 2 people, and it's boring to play a ATG.

If myself or any of my mates are running FRU's, we always bring an ATG with us; if we can.

I'm sat here, trying to think how I can word this without being too salty, without being too whiny and entitled.

I'm struggling, guys I really am. In game earlier I did lose my cool a little, I admit and started ranting in Axis Side chat after it just reached critical mass. After 24 hours of the same thing happening to the Axis side over and over and over I just got fed up.

For the last 24 hours I have found myself having a few good fights here and there, enjoying infantry combat and the back and forth and just as SOON as the Axis make any progress all the Allied forces stop spawning as infantry and suddenly spawn in as many tanks as they can get into and rush down all the MS. And then rather than shoot them, they just encircle and camp them. I had a guy literally stood with his gun pointed at one with plenty of time to take it out. Taking down the tanks hasn't been possible simply because almost no town we're attacking to or from _HAS_ at in decent numbers. One town had, in total 5 AT weapons of different types.. that is I should say Capacity. They were all (obviously) gone. Even if they WERE spawnable, there is no way they would be able to take out the sheer volume of tanks that are rushing around the map.

I brought in a few newbie friends for this event and jumped back into my old veteran builders account. Out of around 9 of us, there are two left. Some went to Allied to try it, one of those remains. The rest have all quit.

We're not children or anything, and this game is exactly to our taste (We play a crap ton of ArmA for example) but this is infuriating. It's like the Allied side is going out of it's way to stomp, camp and make the game as un-fun as possible. Okay, so moral is part of war? That mechanic is losing the game potential future players and subscribers...

I don't know how to deliver this any better, how to do it with less whine and salted cheese. I'm honest a little saddened but I kinda know how this thread will go, and I don't really have a point to make. I just want to ask: Is this normal for WW2Online these days? Just rush camping? What happened?

Axis kicked our azz in Rochefort last night, using a combination of panzers, AT killing inf, camping spawns and overrunning buildings one by one.

The last spawn was VERY frustrating as Dcoy got his 38T in place, and I HAD an ATG ready for him, but Allied inf didn't protect me or understand where the Axis was going with that tank.

Prior to that Rbrewer and Agave had crossfire setup to kill anything and every inf we had, and we DESERVED to go down because we didn't flank and went stupid.

It was frustrating going from being 50% on the AB to total loss.

And you know what? That's the GAME.

It is a brutal brutal game and I cannot count how many Allies have been lost to the game permanently on the point of an Axis camp. Expect the same in return.

Plenty of situations where people will go armor- sometimes it's frustration at being cut down (you do know you have an inf advantage especially with LMGs and RGs, yes?), sometimes supply is such that the armor is what is more available, sometimes speed at eliminating FRUs allows a side to get back to attacking elsewhere.

Truck FRUs ARE tough to maintain, they require a higher level of teamwork, deception and support to sustain.

The ATG support solution is probably best for attack support before it's time to call in armor, perhaps defense would be better for you and your friends at the moment.

Signing onto a larger squad is always a good idea especially if you are attack oriented, you are more likely to get the cover you need to advance and take depots.

You may also want to learn about warping if you are not familiar with that technique, opens up which depots you can spawn in and makes your FRU placement less predictable.

You may also want to take advantage of KGW's return and play on their ASA days, it is highly unlikely Allied armor will be killing FRUs with impunity during that time period.

I completely get the OP's frustration, but if we're honest, this isn't exactly an Allied-only problem. Yeah: They have insane amounts of tanks in their brigades and their supply can appear endless. But Axis does the same thing under certain circumstances. I know I've camped FRUs - if the Allied players are too dumb to stop spawning there, it's their own fault and good for my side, since that will drain their inf-supply.

Same with CP-camping: If there's a spawn down in town, of course you're going to surround it and try to slaughter every EI that shows its face in there.

Personally, I could do with less tanks on both sides. But this is a combined-arms sim and there are people who do nothing but tanking. Cut off their ability to do so too much and they will be the ones who get frustrated.

S.

one of the the problems is the 88mm is nerfed in tiers 3 and 4. it is still shooting old nerf ball ammo instead of the good stuff the tiger has. I wish CRS could find a a way to switch out the 88 ammo in tier 3 and 4

the problem is that there tanks involved in every battle ready to go always has been> the usual bs of bring at gun forcing inf to play at gun or grab a tank etc..... it leads to the same fights over and over. why cant we have tanks station around the map at different area to have like a spear head , lite tanks some where else, inf and halftrack some where else more a supply and guessing where to bring that supply more fluid map then this limited crap.

one of the the problems is the 88mm is nerfed in tiers 3 and 4. it is still shooting old nerf ball ammo instead of the good stuff the tiger has. I wish CRS could find a a way to switch out the 88 ammo in tier 3 and 4

That's because the guns ARE different.

The Flak18 L/56 is the 88 ATG, the Kwk36 L/56 is the Tiger I, the L/71 is the Tiger II gun.

http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/guns/88-mm.asp

Axis gets the upgunned 88 ATG, then 17 pounder gets it's HVAP. Oh baybee.

the problem is that there tanks involved in every battle ready to go always has been> the usual bs of bring at gun forcing inf to play at gun or grab a tank etc..... it leads to the same fights over and over. why cant we have tanks station around the map at different area to have like a spear head , lite tanks some where else, inf and halftrack some where else more a supply and guessing where to bring that supply more fluid map then this limited crap.

Nothing stops ANYONE from driving from town instead of FBs, two towns back or towns to the side of the one facing the AO. That would allow for light tank formations and armor breakthrough units. More a surprise nowadays since the average is to drive from FB to town.

Just do it.

these complains by the op have been mentioned many times yet the same response by the usual crew keeps coming, mean while we keep losing potential players. they just don't get it. you need a variety of outcome to keep interest in this game going with a basic game play , creativity. the way this game is played needs more variety, get over the combined arms stuff. do we need combined arms yes, but we need all types of fights to be able to happen.

these complains by the op have been mentioned many times yet the same response by the usual crew keeps coming, mean while we keep losing potential players. they just don't get it. you need a variety of outcome to keep interest in this game going with a basic game play , creativity. the way this game is played needs more variety, get over the combined arms stuff. do we need combined arms yes, but we need all types of fights to be able to happen.

I get that. Perhaps you were so busy being upset you didn't read my response where we have lost a lot of people to the uncompromising toughness of the game.

It will be that way even if they had completely different formation/spawnlists spawning at 1000s of locations. Because players will play mercilessly.

The answer is to MAKE the fight happen on your terms. That may involve moving to a different AO and setting it up, but it can absolutely be done.

The enemy however is unlikely to cooperate and gift you with the situation you want.

You have to try, perhaps things break your way, sometimes not, and accept that is the price for a truly competitive player-run game.

A bunch of players rushing tanks to town before the defender could react was the exact gameplay that the old developers cited as a reason why the game needed to be centralized under their control via HC and why the players couldn't be trusted. I think it was Killer that would write walls of text about how some megasquad camping a town was jeopardizing their business by pushing away players. Even now if you mention letting the players set their own AOs people will wring their hands over the potential for "abuse" so I can't understand why this is now being enabled and accepted.

It's actually worse now because with brigades there isn't supply in the next town back, so if the defense gets camped once or twice there's no supplies left between frontline and the factories.

It will be that way even if they had completely different formation/spawnlists spawning at 1000s of locations. Because players will play mercilessly.

The answer is to MAKE the fight happen on your terms. That may involve moving to a different AO and setting it up, but it can absolutely be done.

that's why I liked flying.....:cool:

I get that. Perhaps you were so busy being upset you didn't read my response where we have lost a lot of people to the uncompromising toughness of the game.
i disagree. this game isn't tough this game was designed in a very specific way that only attracts a small niche of players. that's not a good thing.

this isn't an answer, this is a coping mechanism allowing some of us a means to find enjoyment where none was designed for us. most players won't do that, hence the current subscriber base.

y'all need to think about that. you can't have a MMO without the massive. you can't have massive without designing for a large audience. it's that simple.

and accept that is the price for a truly competitive player-run game.
this is defeatist and suggests a significantly more elegant polished solution can't be first thought up and second coded. utter horse ****.

the list of games that are more brutally competitive than this game has ever been is lengthy. how many ww2ol players make seven figures competing in ww2ol? League of legends has quite a few, even more in the six figures. Professional competition. Ruthless competition. LoL sucks but if you think this game has competition lol ... yeah not so much.

Edited by madrebel

this isn't an answer, this is a coping mechanism allowing some of us a means to find enjoyment where none was designed for us. most players won't do that, hence the current subscriber base.

Coping mechanism, like running off to the training server when things get tough or doing truck races? No, I'm talking about the essence of war, bending the enemy to your will and controlling the terms of the engagement.

That's not coping. That IS the game.

y'all need to think about that. you can't have a MMO without the massive. you can't have massive without designing for a large audience. it's that simple.

Dumbing it down? Making it mostly a shooter? What does design for a large audience mean?

You're not thinking I'm a Rat are you?

this is defeatist and suggests a significantly more elegant polished solution can't be first thought up and second coded. utter horse ****.

Let's hear it then. Easy to make demands from the back seat, not so much make the roadmap, much less the roads.

the list of games that are more brutally competitive than this game has ever been is lengthy. how many ww2ol players make seven figures competing in ww2ol? League of legends has quite a few, even more in the six figures. Professional competition. Ruthless competition. LoL sucks but if you think this game has competition lol ... yeah not so much.

The game is not designed for moneymaking and is likely never going to have the numbers fantasy games pull.

But this is a game where morale matters, a lot. That certainly is brutal, and has a lot to do IMO with the OP's issue.