• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
pikapawz

Tanks tanks tanks

68 posts in this topic

you could respond with a salient counter point too - or keep responding as you are, confirming my argument.

Who said I disagree with you? Maybe the problem isn't the message but the messenger.

Perhaps not. At least in my case.

then all i can conclude is you're a realist. excellent.

is there a 'good' way to deliver potentially offensive messages? i'm a rip the band-aid off kinda guy. we can lance the boils after, but that dressing has to come off or the wound will fester.

the community as a whole is done no favors by beating around bushes.

LOOOOL

oh, wow.

AWESOME POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by madrebel View Post

also a problem. the remaining players of this game are disconnected from reality as they've been playing this game with it's tiny community for far too long. many of you would get your ass handed to you in any other game because you've been playing against the same skill curve for so long - a skill curve that has had most of the high skill players bail on the game a long time ago so you're stuck in a circle jerk with other BAD players.

none of you actually want a big healthy game population out of fear, fear that you'll no longer be the biggest fish in the mud puddle.

i would LOVE to see 10K 13 year olds descend upon the tired jaded veterans of this game - show you old foggies how bad you really are at games and watch as you desperately try to nerf something so your ego can handle the defeats.

then all i can conclude is you're a realist. excellent.

is there a 'good' way to deliver potentially offensive messages? i'm a rip the band-aid off kinda guy. we can lance the boils after, but that dressing has to come off or the wound will fester.

the community as a whole is done no favors by beating around bushes.

For the most part your posts are okay.

All I'm saying is you might get a better response by changing the tone, not the message. Doing that won't guarantee a better response, but posts like the one I first quoted are sure to guarantee a bad one.

I understand its frustrating to be passionate about something and feel like your words are falling on deaf ears, and how frustrating CRS can sometimes be, but don't let that get in the way of getting your message out. Results should be the only thing that matters.

I don't agree with everything you say, but a lot of what you talk about is worth a look at to generate ideas about the future if nothing else.

Edited by capco

open for business and healthy aren't the same thing. this game hasn't had a healthy population since the introduction of TOEs. Add in the castration of the air game and I gauruntee you there was a large initial drop followed by a continued gradual decline of subscription numbers.

i'm sure there were a few up ticks along the way, hopefully we're seeing one now.

Are you really suggesting the population at the moment and for the past X years since the aforementioned has been healthy? this game has been dead since forever.

this new team apparently has a Lazarus chamber though, so hopefully we can get a good strong pulse again.

You're a 2001 guy, remember when British fighter planes had ineffective ball ammo? If your desire is to see a dominate Axis advantage, that will just move more players away. Another remember point ... old CRS nerfing French armor, making the Matilda II weak by changing it's mantel armor, etc. The old CRS always favored the axis side because this game has always been Axis heavy. I always felt it was a greater challenge to win on the Allied side since so many variables in the game favored the Axis. It was rare for the Allies to ever win a map. When the Allies started going Matilda II heavy in production and won some games .. *poof* the Matty armor changed. If you want a challenge, play allied.

I don't agree with everything you say, but a lot of what you talk about is worth a look at to generate ideas about the future if nothing else.

appreciated

You're a 2001 guy, remember when British fighter planes had ineffective ball ammo? If your desire is to see a dominate Axis advantage, that will just move more players away. Another remember point ... old CRS nerfing French armor, making the Matilda II weak by changing it's mantel armor, etc. The old CRS always favored the axis side because this game has always been Axis heavy. I always felt it was a greater challenge to win on the Allied side since so many variables in the game favored the Axis. It was rare for the Allies to ever win a map. When the Allies started going Matilda II heavy in production and won some games .. *poof* the Matty armor changed. If you want a challenge, play allied.
i had a french persona with a 12:1 spitfire k/d. 11 of them were infantry lol.

not sure where you got any side bias desires or lack there of in my posts. if you were to search the barracks for posts by madrebel or mrslave you'll see i'm very pro balance in general.

i also wouldn't say the old team had an axis bias. i think they made a business decision to make sure the protagonist, the LONE protagonist, had a fully fleshed weapon set. they accomplished this, but, didn't fill out the allied lists fast enough due to a littany of real qorld factors derailing development.

the old team did choose to listen to the wrong people though (pentiku) and failed to dig deeper. other things like APCR ammo added only for one side without a mechanic to prevent gaming the unlimited supply appears as bias too; but imo it was more a lack of foresight w/o malice or biased intent.

as for the old RDP rules, where things could be completely ignored .. i flew axis during that time, post flop patch, against extreme numbers imbalance and against a very healthy very skilled 4wing. all while the ground pounding HC completely ignored the german tier3 until they just couldn't anymore. i'm familiar with that AWFUL game mechanic. cool idea, but without some checks and balances and much lower thresholds it ... well its no longer in game for a reason right?

the old team did this many times, cool ideas, but failure to think them through all the way leading to unfortunate gameplay.

Edited by madrebel

It never ceases to amaze me how, when a FRU is reported camped, mission leaders will still leave it up. Apparently opening the map and deleting it is just too... much... effort, wah, why isn't there an autodelete app for that?

I've proposed before that rank not be automatic with points, but rather something someone has to fill out forms to get. Forms that require a basic understanding of game mechanics. The HC would be a great place to start, too.

Guys, if we're here to discuss these issues it is because all of us love this game

smoking 2 cigarettes and design something constructive for the future.

I have several proposals to explain!

1)eliminate depot in small town:

Exactly!,the capture system needs to be reviewed, people in defense

spown too close and each depot has too many resources.

They are extremely difficult to capture and are really too many

every fight turns into massacre both for those who attack and also for those who defends.

The Combat loses any logic and tactics It becomes frustrating and boring for everyone

(the fighting in the big cities are perfect I have fun like a child)

2)place in the theater of war new strategic locations to capture:

Bridges, hills and fortifications,to make the operations more various and enjoyable giving a strategic sense much deeper to the entire campaign.

3)return to the old system of supplies:

was fine so,I want it back

4)limited classes for missions:

I'm sick of that, all important classes being wasted.

the number of special classes based on the number of players present in mission

5)local voip:

Extremely necessary, people do not practice teamwork because they can not communicate easily.

we are in 2016 all tactical games own it.

all these proposals are cost "0"

you will see with these things this game will return to the splendors of the past:)

Edited by marcom

I too would LOVE to see 10k 13 year olds descend upon the game and while they all run in bee lines from FRUs that have zero ATG protection I'll race a stuart out 1.5k and start MGing them or sit behind our own 5k 13 year olds and rack up dozens of kills until their brigades are wasted and we counter against 50 riflemen.

Seriously the drama in here.

ATGs towed to flanks (if necessary from flank or rear towns).

ATG with every truck FRU.

Use the flanks.

Don't bee line to target but scan ALL the area until you know the terrain and incoming enemy.

Infantry FRUs were a complete joke that drove away nearly ALL the guys who played ATG/Tanks AND anyone who used terrain.

The ATG game needs to mature again and old skills need relearning.

Hopefully KGW will show how it is done :)

The ATG game needs to mature again and old skills need relearning.

Hopefully KGW will show how it is done :)

People moan it's about numbers, it isn't.

Simple fact is use the tools for the job.

KGW, Whips, 250, 91st etc all KNOW how to use guns to do vital jobs.

Swap 20 ATGs for 20 tanks is 1:1 but it's not is it. It's 20 less enemy AFVs and 20 more of yours in effect. It's a force multiplier.

A lot more of your attacks might be attrition rather than caps but a lot more will succeed after you've trashed the enemy armour supply in a div.

The vehicle/ATG game was never balanced because the development of the factions abruptly stopped many years ago and wasn't ever completed. It was only due to other factors that there was a reasonably playable game.

Well those factors are largely gone now, there are also some new ones putting more emphasis on the vehicle/ATG game and people can see how balanced things really are.

I think it's important to remember that when KGW/ASA was having twice a week ops there was no end of complaints from the allies and they were considered a gamebreaking force. Now you see allied players hoping they'll come back to even things out, the current balance is that bad.

I too would LOVE to see 10k 13 year olds descend upon the game and while they all run in bee lines from FRUs that have zero ATG protection I'll race a stuart out 1.5k and start MGing them

Of course you would because this is the company's business model now, feed a small number of high-investment players(overwhelmingly US TZ and allied) lots of clueless F2P players and give them the experience they pay for. There is a problem though, and that is that being on the other side is so miserable that F2P retention is effectively zero. If you believe the original post then F2P players didn't even stick around for a full campaign even though they can possibly play everything. So the target audience is going to run out of content.

People moan it's about numbers, it isn't.

Simple fact is use the tools for the job.

you're assumption is people don't use the ATGs out of ignorance or 'bad' play.

why are you discounting the clunky nature of the tool? 'just get used to it' obviously isn't working. ATGs suck to use.

-some sort of PPO deploy for guns

-AI assisted truck delivery to a spot on the map (need good clear rules about where and how close)

-Intelligent AI trucks in general that drive around, resupply, respond to resupply requests, drop off guns at player chosen way points and that increase and or decrease based on population imbalance so the under pop side has more AI attempting to maintain the attack or defense. These trucks can be killed by players as can the gun their towing or w/e

-spawn into ATG anywhere

-detach from the ATG vehicle model and walk about

-any infantry can 'attach' and increase the torque of the gun movement up to a maximum number. so the 17lber/88 can have say 20 guys help move it but the pak38 and the M3 can only have say 8 guys help push it.

-recrew a gun already in the field that had it's crew knocked out but the gun is otherwise fine.

just off the top of my head.

try and look at things from a 3rd person perspective or, just realize catfive that you're different than most gamers. most gamers won't stick around long enough to find the depth this game offers, for various reasons. ****ty ATG mechanics is one of them, likely down the list a bit but for sure has to be one of them.

throw AA guns in the mix too. the barrel climb on the flak30 is laughable. the fact the flak30 hasn't been changed to the flak38 is inexcusable. inoperable rain guard that was never deleted? how ****ing simple would that have been? at any point in the past 15 years someone could have removed those polygons and made axis flak30 gunners extremely happy. the fact that multi barrel AA and SPAA doesn't exists yet ... etc.

why not have an AA ppo that drops 4 guns and utilizes the code from destroyers so a single player can battery fire those 4 AA guns?

you can't tell players to 'just use the right tool' when the right tool SUCKS to use. basically what you're asking is for players to eat over cooked brussel sprouts when those brussel sprouts are surrounded by multi layer cakes, glistening with frosting and sugar and etc.

the existing population numbers suggests the cakes are winning. this game doesn't have cake though, nor pie, just over cooked left overs.

Edited by madrebel

Really like the things you're suggesting for ai / ppos / auto ammo and tow etc.

But the atg guns whilst far from ideal are still very effective at helping attacks survive the initial 232/panny parade and this means you have a window of time to get your armour in.

Just my take on it.

I think it's important to remember that when KGW/ASA was having twice a week ops there was no end of complaints from the allies and they were considered a gamebreaking force. Now you see allied players hoping they'll come back to even things out, the current balance is that bad.

Never once complained about them.

Derided, acknowledged, challenged etc but always got good gameplay because of them, win or lose.

I'm glad they're coming back because it gives us an axis quality attack squad who's numbers will mean more players from both sides sticking around.

Not rocket science is it?

Really like the things you're suggesting for ai / ppos / auto ammo and tow etc.
thaks ;-)

But the atg guns whilst far from ideal are still very effective at helping attacks survive the initial 232/panny parade and this means you have a window of time to get your armour in.

completely agree; so how do we actually get those guns into the field of play? the tools we have now clearly aren't being utilized.

IMO guns like this need to have a very team focus to them. i want to see black hand all sticking together in a group pushing an ATG into position, deploying, dropping a MMG PPO, and holding that spot.

then, when you've wasted everything in the area, pack up the gear, and push it to a new spot.

or, leave the gear there and spawn into the newly arriving ATG and MMG ppo that the truck you guys ordered, after spending your squad VPs, just dropped off 100 yards in front of your current position.

the gear you left remains for X amount of time. once that time is up, it goes back into the ticket system as a half cycle resupply.

that's what I want to see, AI supporting us players so we can focus on killing each other and let the AI manage the logistics as much as possible.

so long as AI doesn't actively fire on any player, i don't see the problem.