• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
webco

X-56 RINO JOYSTICK

20 posts in this topic

Joystick not working, have gone to control panel/devices and printer/select stick,...nothing.

I have uninstalled all drivers, software, game 2 or 3x and still game not seeing my joystick controller.

Any ideas would be appreciated

THANKS

my old X-52 works just fine or the game see that joystick but not the new one, new X-56 fubar

Crap. I was thinking about getting one of these. I might still - if I do and have any luck I'll let you know.

which version of windows are you using?

first check to make sure the software/drivers are correct for the version of windows your using (i'm sure they are, but check anyway)

then, check its in usb2 slots some composite devices don't work well in usb3

slots. also check that the usb slots are actually working. some of them may be switched off in your bios because the resources are being used for somthing else

then you might need to go into the software you downloaded for your joystick and re-calibrate the joystick there.

to calibrate your axis you need to open the mad cats Hud application then click (settings) select your joystick then click (calibrate axis)

If that works

go to (devices and printers) find your joystick and select (game controller settings) and a popup named "Game controllers" should come up . with two butons (advanced) and (properties) on it click on (advanced) and make your joystick the preferred device, then click on (properties) and select the Test tab if you can see the joystick buttons then it should be recognizing your joystick. you can check that for the throttle too, but you don't make it the preferred device, well unless you actually want to for some reason.

Edited by TheMouse

which version of windows are you using?

first check to make sure the software/drivers are correct for the version of windows your using (i'm sure they are, but check anyway)

then, check its in usb2 slots some composite devices don't work well in usb3

slots. also check that the usb slots are actually working. some of them may be switched off in your bios because the resources are being used for somthing else

then you might need to go into the software you downloaded for your joystick and re-calibrate the joystick there.

to calibrate your axis you need to open the mad cats Hud application then click (settings) select your joystick then click (calibrate axis)

If that works

go to (devices and printers) find your joystick and select (game controller settings) and a popup named "Game controllers" should come up . with two butons (advanced) and (properties) on it click on (advanced) and make your joystick the preferred device, then click on (properties) and select the Test tab if you can see the joystick buttons then it should be recognizing your joystick. you can check that for the throttle too, but you don't make it the preferred device, well unless you actually want to for some reason.

Thanks for the post but nothing seems to be working yet. Calibrated, checked setting, checked right driver, changed USB slots all are on and work. In game key still not see joystick. Damm frustrating

The X-56 has a USB connection for both the throttle and the Joystick. In the game controller setting(windows 10) if I unplug the throttle the Joystick shows up in the preferences and is working great, if you plug both to USB at same time Joystick does not shown up in the Text box. Have calibrated using software and both stick and throttle are working

The X-56 has a USB connection for both the throttle and the Joystick. In the game controller setting(windows 10) if I unplug the throttle the Joystick shows up in the preferences and is working great, if you plug both to USB at same time Joystick does not shown up in the Text box. Have calibrated using software and both stick and throttle are working

that might just be a USB power issue, try if you can, to see if the throttle is on a different USB motherboard header than anything ells so its not sharing the power, after that, I'm out of ideas for you to try

except for the obvious one of contacting saitek? its a new product it could be a driver/software/hardware issue with their product.

Edited by TheMouse

that might just be a USB power issue, try if you can, to see if the throttle is on a different USB motherboard header than anything ells so its not sharing the power, after that, I'm out of ideas for you to try

except for the obvious one of contacting saitek? its a new product it could be a driver/software/hardware issue with their product.

Yeah been speaking to Saitek. Thanks for the ideas

This worked for me. I uninstalled EVERYTHING related to my controller, including registry items (give it a Google search) and all related software. After deleting everything I could find, I rebooted my computer, plugged in my device, AND *****LET WINDOWS FIND THE CORRECT DRIVER ON ITS OWN (I didn't go to their website and download drivers) ***** My controller is working correctly in Windows Device Manager and ingame, and I do not have the software installed on my computer.

FYI: I have no idea if deleting items in the registry is completely necessary.

A Google search of "VID_06A3" and "VID_0738" should land results that discuss registry items and Saitek products.

My problem began immediately following my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Edited by vesticus

This worked for me. I uninstalled EVERYTHING related to my controller, including registry items (give it a Google search) and all related software. After deleting everything I could find, I rebooted my computer, plugged in my device, AND *****LET WINDOWS FIND THE CORRECT DRIVER ON ITS OWN (I didn't go to their website and download drivers) ***** My controller is working correctly in Windows Device Manager and ingame, and I do not have the software installed on my computer.

A Google search of "VID_06A3" and "VID_0738" should land results that discuss registry items and Saitek products.

Here are a couple of websites that I used and recommend:

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/0/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

**From this link, I did steps #1 and #2 in the "General Process to Ensure Clean Installation" section. The device I was having problems with was the X-55 throttle (I've never used the X-55 joystick). If you have a different device, you might want to see if this link discusses anything extra you should do.

**To repeat my earlier post, I do not recommend manually downloading drivers from the Saitek website. After I uninstalled everything, I simply plugged my device in and it automatically installed the correct drivers.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78117-fixing-problems-with-50-or-digital-onoff-action-with-saitek-levers/

**From this link, you can get information regarding the registry. I did everything that Pete Dowson recommended. Once again, I'm not 100% sure is this step is completely necessary.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I deleted the folder

C:\Windows\Temp\MadCatz

This is where my computer installed the drivers when I manually downloaded them. My device is the X-55, so it's possible that a different device would install the drivers in a different folder.

My single biggest piece of advice: Don't manually download and install the drivers from Saitek website.

Edited by vesticus

Here are a couple of websites that I used and recommend:

http://madcatz.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/604/0/windows-10--saitek-hotas-beta-drivers-and-software-release

**From this link, I did steps #1 and #2 in the "General Process to Ensure Clean Installation" section. The device I was having problems with was the X-55 throttle (I've never used the X-55 joystick). If you have a different device, you might want to see if this link discusses anything extra you should do.

**To repeat my earlier post, I do not recommend manually downloading drivers from the Saitek website. After I uninstalled everything, I simply plugged my device in and it automatically installed the correct drivers.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/78117-fixing-problems-with-50-or-digital-onoff-action-with-saitek-levers/

**From this link, you can get information regarding the registry. I did everything that Pete Dowson recommended. Once again, I'm not 100% sure is this step is completely necessary.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I deleted the folder

C:\Windows\Temp\MadCatz

This is where my computer installed the drivers when I manually downloaded them. My device is the X-55, so it's possible that a different device would install the drivers in a different folder.

My single biggest piece of advice: Don't manually download and install the drivers from Saitek website.

Here are 2 other links to use as reference:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/504/how-to-uninstall-hidden-devices-drivers-and-services/

http://www.techerator.com/2010/05/how-to-remove-hidden-duplicate-copies-of-usb-device-drivers-in-windows/

**These links basically tell how to further uninstall USB devices from your system. I deleted hidden stuff in the "Human Interface Devices" folder and the "Univeral Serial Bus Controllers" folder. If you don't delete these items (specifically the items related to the problem controller), I think your computer might try to open them in the usual, incorrect way. I think the ultimate goal is to have a completely fresh install of the device and drivers.

**The "cmd" or Command Prompt as discussed in these link might work, but I never use the Command Prompt and simply open Device Manager and go from there (in Device Manager, click on VIEW/SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES).

I keep remembering things that I did in order to get my X-55 throttle working. It was a complete pain, but hopefully I can save someone the headaches that I went through.

To summarize: use the above steps to delete everything from your computer that is related to the troublesome device. Next, reboot your system. Finally, plug in the troublesome device and let Windows automatically download the correct drivers.

Edited by vesticus

Spot fracking on my friend. Did everything and got the Saitek driver off my machine and plugged in and everything worked great, thanks

post should be made a sticky

Spot fracking on my friend. Did everything and got the Saitek driver off my machine and plugged in and everything worked great, thanks

post should be made a sticky

You just made my day. You're welcome, and I'm glad it worked for you.

One thing I wanted to add. Every time I turn my computer on, and before logging into the game, I go to "Devices and Printers" and make sure each of my controllers are working correctly in the "Test" tab of "Game Contoller Settings" (you should see each button of your controller listed). If your "Test" tab is clear/empty, there is probably a problem and the controller probably won't work in-game again.

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times, unfortunately. However, the fix is much, much easier now (you won't have to go into the registry and all the other crazy stuff). Simply go into "Devices and Printers", select the controller that isn't showing up properly in the "Test" tab, and then select "Remove Device". Windows will automatically delete everything on it's own now (since you didn't manually download anything). Unplug the device from your computer. Reboot your computer. Plug the device back in and Windows will install everything on its own again. I have no idea why Windows stops recognizing the controller sometimes, but the fix is now much quicker and has worked for me each time. I haven't had to do this in awhile either, so I'm hoping my problem is completely fixed now.

Once again, glad I could help. I know how frustrating it can be. I was so frustrated with my controller that I almost just quit playing the game. I'm glad that it didn't come to that though. I absolutely love this game.

1 person likes this

On 7/5/2016 at 0:50 AM, vesticus said:

You just made my day. You're welcome, and I'm glad it worked for you.

One thing I wanted to add. Every time I turn my computer on, and before logging into the game, I go to "Devices and Printers" and make sure each of my controllers are working correctly in the "Test" tab of "Game Contoller Settings" (you should see each button of your controller listed). If your "Test" tab is clear/empty, there is probably a problem and the controller probably won't work in-game again.

This has happened to me 2 or 3 times, unfortunately. However, the fix is much, much easier now (you won't have to go into the registry and all the other crazy stuff). Simply go into "Devices and Printers", select the controller that isn't showing up properly in the "Test" tab, and then select "Remove Device". Windows will automatically delete everything on it's own now (since you didn't manually download anything). Unplug the device from your computer. Reboot your computer. Plug the device back in and Windows will install everything on its own again. I have no idea why Windows stops recognizing the controller sometimes, but the fix is now much quicker and has worked for me each time. I haven't had to do this in awhile either, so I'm hoping my problem is completely fixed now.

Once again, glad I could help. I know how frustrating it can be. I was so frustrated with my controller that I almost just quit playing the game. I'm glad that it didn't come to that though. I absolutely love this game.

Thank you for this. I wish it was at the top of the thread LOL.

I tried everything else first, but deleting the device did the trick.

Thanks a million!

On 6/23/2016 at 8:06 PM, vesticus said:

How do you uninstall everything with windows 10?

ok, I tried everything and NOTHING. I can SOMETIMES get the stick to be seen by the game but never the throttle or both at the same time.

Thanks for the post, was real down yesterday when I plugged her in for the first time and nothing worked. followed the reg edit link, removed everything and didn't download the Saitek drivers.. Works like a charm, but a major job of key mapping ahead.

I had the same problem with the Saitek Rhino.  Here is the answer: go to control panel, devices and printers and right click on the Rhino joystick.  Select game controllers,  advanced,  then select the device you want to use with older programs.  The Saitek Rhino will show up, select it and click ok.  Then select properties and you can calibrate the joystick.  You have to use the Control Panel as it doesn't work in Settings, Devices & Printers even though the Rhino shows up there.

Edited by lance

I had the same problem with the Saitek Rhino.  Here is the answer: go to control panel, devices and printers and right click on the Rhino joystick.  Select game controllers,  advanced,  then select the device you want to use with older programs.  The Saitek Rhino will show up, select it and click ok.  Then select properties and you can calibrate the joystick.  You have to use the Control Panel as it doesn't work in Settings, Devices & Printers even though the Rhino shows up there.

I want to say that I have the X-55 and the Combat Rudder Pedal, I had turned the Rudder Pedals on as a "Device you want to use with older programs" and that caused WWIIOL to not work with the Rudder Pedals.  I was exceptionally frustrated going through everything to sort this out.  I had to remove everything and reinstall it and finally when I did not select them to work with older programs they did, Windows 10 user.  So it seems to be a little different for everyone.

Edited by downtown