• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
pulfer

9 American Divisions in Tier4

6 posts in this topic

The Americans enter the war in Tier3. 7 Divisions are US army, 1 is French and 1 is Brit.

The Brit is obviously the weakest Division. French is almost up there with the US and German.

So I was thinking. Why not try to remove French and British completely and go with only US? We fight with French and Brit Equipment ALL THE TIME anyway.

Just a suggestion... Would solve the Semi-Auto problem to a certain degree...

Really 7:1:1? I did not know this.

Better would be 4 US, 3 French and 2 Brit. I doubt i am only one, who like variety. imho.

how about not giving the Brits semis, instead give them American solders with semis?

this was a issue after D-Day till America took almost full control of the forces.

I'm in agreement. This was done before and I'm not sure why it wasn't continued.

It makes a lot of sense to do this if CRS refuses to address the infantry balance problem in other ways.

I am against removing the French and British completely. This is a WWII game folks...It's not a red versus blue game.

True, it's not always historically perfect, but I feel that removing two factions completely at the end of the game would be going too far. Heck, SOME folks play the game just to play a particular nationality... Removing those factions might just mean that those players stop playing after the US comes in.

CRS has made some great moves by adding a French semi, and increasing the Brit rate of fire on the Enfield. I don't see the need to turn all that work into a wasted effort

We'll continue to have 7 American, 1 British, and 1 French division for variety of game play and offering these personas as playable. No plans to change that up, as Quincannon said a lot of folks like to play those and they have unique equipment available to them that makes the game that much more interesting and enjoyable.